What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: H/S CLEAN BUTTON  (Read 17518 times)

COWBOY

H/S CLEAN BUTTON
« on: December 18, 2008, 02:19:57 pm »
I HAVE JUST RECENTLY PUCHASED A HOT SPRINGS JETSETTER & WAS WONDERING DOES THE SPA ITSELF ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT WHEN YOU PUSH THE CLEAN BUTTON OR IS IT STRICKLY JUST A 10 MIN. TIME OFF FUNCTION?

Hot Tub Forum

H/S CLEAN BUTTON
« on: December 18, 2008, 02:19:57 pm »

Vanguard

Re: H/S CLEAN BUTTON
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 05:22:58 pm »
Strictly a 10 minute cycle.  The idea is to push the clean button, add your chems, cover the spa back up and be done.  That way, you don't have to go back out to the spa and turn it off or cover it up.

I use mine as a 10 minute timer for the jets while I'm in as well.  That way, when I'm really relaxed after 10 minutes of massage, I don't have to move to turn off the jets.  Lazy, yes, convenient, absolutely.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 10:28:07 pm »
Vanguard, don't you keep the spa cover open after adding the chems? The experts say that it will prolong the life of the cover but it sure wastes electricity when it's cold outside......
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 12:07:20 am »
You know, I know you're supposed to, but I don't.  I'm usually just adding MPS after I soak.  My cover has been fine.  

My only issue with my cover was when I had a pair of wire cutters sitting on it and my son stepped on the cutters and punctured the cover.  Wasn't long before I needed another cover.  I've had that one since and it is still fine.  Been at least four years since that happened.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »
You only have to leave the cover open if you're shocking the spa. This allows the chlorine to oxidize out and not into your cover. Just balancing pH or alk is totally fine to close it up.

For clarity, is there a difference between this "clean cycle" and just turning the jets on and walking away? Don't most spas have a 15 or 20 min cycle on high speed?  :-/

Steve

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:39:16 pm »
You only have to leave the cover open if you're shocking the spa. This allows the chlorine to oxidize out and not into your cover. Just balancing pH or alk is totally fine to close it up.

For clarity, is there a difference between this "clean cycle" and just turning the jets on and walking away? Don't most spas have a 15 or 20 min cycle on high speed?  :-/

Steve

Yes they do.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 04:17:23 pm »

Steve

The "Clean" button turns on a jet pump for 10 min. If you turn the jets on and walk away it will run for 2 hours.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:27:20 pm by soak-king »
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 08:38:55 pm »

Steve

What about adding a small amount of dichlor after each soak? Is it safe to close the cover with the pumps running after adding a teaspoon or two of dichlor?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:40:12 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 07:21:11 pm »

The "Clean" button turns on a jet pump for 10 min. If you turn the jets on and walk away it will run for 2 hours.

That's incorrect soak king. On high speed, they will run for a 15 minute cycle. If you turn the pump on at low speed, it will run 2 hours. After adding chemicals, high speed makes more sense due to the above.

Gombo; Just adding a small amount to boost the reading is fine. Only when shocking do you need to be concerned about the cover.

So then there's no difference at all between this cycle on most every spa and HotSprings clean cycle? These guys are marketing guru's!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:24:17 pm by Steve »

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 10:07:27 pm »
Last time I checked, even on Hot Spring, if you run the high speed pump it will run for two hours before shutting off.  Maybe other brands will shut off after 15, but I'm pretty sure HS will run for the two hours.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 12:39:07 am »
Soak-king is correct.

When you hit the "Jets" button on a HotSpring Spa, the jet pump will run on high speed for 2 hours and then shut off.

When you hit the "Clean" button, the jet pump will run on high speed for 10 minutes and then shut off.

It's nice being able to sit in the spa an hour or two without having to restart the pumps every 15 minutes or so.

Term
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:39:46 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vanguard

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 11:52:55 pm »
Soak-king is correct.

Term

Hey!!!  I was right, too!!   :(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:53:12 pm by aquatub »

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 09:01:34 am »
Doesn't the clean button only activate ONE jet pump?

There is a Jets 1 button and a Jets 2 button.  

Then, it doesn't get the water that is in the water feature.

I have an old pool cover that I cut to fit for a blanket.  It bunches up when the jets are on, therefore I do not use the clean button ever.  I bring my dichlor out in an old film case (I can't remember whose idea that was?)  dump it in, keep everything running, set the kitchen timer, then go back out after 10 minutes to close it up.  That way, I know that ALL the water is clean!

After 2 years, my cover still looked brand new and there was NO water in my cover foam.

2005 HS Vanguard

Vanguard

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 10:49:16 am »
Yes, it only activates one pump.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 04:01:33 pm »
Chlorine forms ions when you add it to the water.  When those ions are formed, they want to get as far away from each other as possible.  The chlorine you add to the water basically shoots itself through the whole tub once it forms that ion.  

Which is great if your tub goes down for some reason, you can still keep some sanitizer in it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 04:01:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42