What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NOT IMPRESSED  (Read 6873 times)

COWBOY

NOT IMPRESSED
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:52:33 am »
DON'T GET ME WRONG I LIKE MY NEW H/S JETSETTER, BUT I WOULD LOVE IT IF EVERYTHING WORKED ON IT. 1 PILLOW LIGHT HAS NEVER WORKED & THE JET'S IN THE SEAT THAT HAS 4 JET'S HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO BE ADJUSTED. EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN A LITTLE SLOW IN TRYING TO HELP I DON'T FAULT MY DEALER FOR THE PROBLEMS. THEY ARE GOING TO FIX THE LIGHT WHEN THE WEATHER GETS NICE ENOUGH (HOPEFULLY WITHOUT DAMAGING THE TUB SINCE I AM TOLD THEY HAVE TO POP A PANEL OFF & DIG THROUGH THE FOAM JUST TO REPLACE A LIGHT) AS FAR AS THE JETS GO THEY CAME OUT YESTERDAY AFTER ALMOST 2 MONTHS & REPLACED WITH 4 BRAND NEW JETS & THEY STILL DON'T WORK. BEING A QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER MYSELF I AM DISIPPOINTED IN HOT SPRINGS INSPECTION PROCEDURE SINCE I KNOW THIS TUB HAD TO HAVE LEFT  :'(THE FACTORY WITH THESE PROBLEMS. I THOUGHT FROM MY RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING THAT HOT SPRINGS REPUTATION WAS BETTER THAN THAT.

Hot Tub Forum

NOT IMPRESSED
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:52:33 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: NOT IMPRESSED
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:14:38 am »
The light behind the pillow should work.  I agree.  Period.  The good thing is it does not effect the primary functions of a hot tub, hot water and jets.

Now let's address the jets.  How do they not work?  Hard to imagine them not working.  I assume you have used your diverter valve.  

Don't get me wrong.  Your issues are minor, but should not exist.  Period.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:21:08 am »
Cowboy, sounds like minor issues the dealer will help you with. Why do you type with the Caps Lock on? Good luck.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

COWBOY

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:38:44 am »
IF I AM INTERPRETING CORRECTLY AS TO WHAT YOU CALL A DIVERTER VALVE TO BE THE SWIVEL CONTROL ARMS ON THE TOP EDGE OF THE TUB THIS SEAT DOES NOT HAVE ONE. IT IS THE SEAT BESIDE THE FILTER COMPARTMENT. MY PROBLEM WITH THE JETS IS YOU CANNOT TURN THE OUTER RING TO ADJUST THE AIR FLOW.   WE KNEW THIS UP FRONT SINCE THE TUB WE BOUGHT WAS THE ONE WE WET TESTED ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR. IT WAS AGREED UPON BETWEEN THE DEALER & MYSELF THAT SINCE THE ONLY WAY THEY COULD BE ADJUSTED WAS WITH A PAIR OF PLIERS THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE REPLACED WHICH AS I STATED EARLIER HAS JUST BEEN DONE WITH NO IMPROVEMENT & THE DEALER DOES NOT KNOW WHY. AS I STATED BEFORE THERE IS NO WAY THESE COULD HAVE WORKED CORRECTLY AT THE FACTORY.

James_Outlaw

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:58:11 am »
i am sure your problems will be addressed soon.

Help yourself by reviewing this link:

http://www.kassj.com/netiquette/netiquette.html

most on the forum will help you more if you type correctly, i know many people do not respond to all caps regardless.

"doing better than I deserve!"

COWBOY

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 12:26:55 pm »
I GUESS I TYPE THIS WAY BECAUSE I AM LAZY. I fail to see what this has to do with my spa problems though.

James_Outlaw

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 12:29:03 pm »
it has nothing to do with your spa problems, it's all about getting people to respond and help you.
"doing better than I deserve!"

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 01:14:43 pm »
I GUESS I TYPE THIS WAY BECAUSE I AM LAZY. I fail to see what this has to do with my spa problems though.

Nothing it as all to do with courtesy. Your lazy? Why should people make an effort to help you?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 01:52:43 pm »
Because all caps means you're yelling.  Even if you're not, that is what all caps implies.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 01:56:10 pm »

These items should work.  You have a warranty that should help you get them fixed for free.  

Sounds like you knew the spa had issues before you bought it.  Make sure you let the dealer know that even though you knew there were issues, you were led to believe they'd be corrected.  You should expect to get them corrected.  

If the dealer doesn't have the ability to correct the issues, ask him what he plans to do to make sure you have a working spa.  If he can't fix them, then he needs to get someone who can.

If after you've addressed these concerns with your dealer, and if you get no resolution, then call the factory.  
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:57:04 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

BubbaGump

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 02:22:08 pm »
IF I AM INTERPRETING CORRECTLY AS TO WHAT YOU CALL A DIVERTER VALVE TO BE THE SWIVEL CONTROL ARMS ON THE TOP EDGE OF THE TUB THIS SEAT DOES NOT HAVE ONE. IT IS THE SEAT BESIDE THE FILTER COMPARTMENT. [glow]MY PROBLEM WITH THE JETS IS YOU CANNOT TURN THE OUTER RING TO ADJUST THE AIR FLOW.   WE KNEW THIS UP FRONT SINCE THE TUB WE BOUGHT WAS THE ONE WE WET TESTED ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR. IT WAS AGREED UPON BETWEEN THE DEALER & MYSELF THAT SINCE THE ONLY WAY THEY COULD BE ADJUSTED WAS WITH A PAIR OF PLIERS THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE REPLACED WHICH AS I STATED EARLIER HAS JUST BEEN DONE WITH NO IMPROVEMENT & THE DEALER DOES NOT KNOW WHY.[/glow] AS I STATED BEFORE THERE IS NO WAY THESE COULD HAVE WORKED CORRECTLY AT THE FACTORY.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues, but I cannot help but notice that you knew about this problem at the dealer, why not have them fix it before they delivered it?  I occasionally get a new car from the factory with "issues" and we always correct them before we even put it out for sale.  When you transport cars on rail, you get dings in the paint, scratches, etc...

Ever seen the "bad" pictures from a famous photographer?  Nope!  Great photographers take bad pictures all of the time, they just never let anyone see them.

COWBOY

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 03:35:40 pm »
I agree with you in hind site i would have been smart to demand they fix this problem before delivering. I guess we were in to much of a hurry to get our new tub to wait on new jets from the factory. I trust my dealer to figure out how to get it fixed. Again, my issue is with the factory & their final inspection. Even though i had not wet tested i was reasonably sure from my research that i was going with the H/S jetsetter. I went to my dealer & he said he would have 3 tubs coming in the next 2 or three days 2 were sold & the other could be mine. We agreed he would fill 1 the day recieved for me to wet test. My wife & i were there within 2 or 3 hours of filling to wet test so i don't think there was much chance for something to go wrong between leaving the factory and my wet test. I might also mention that when we notified the dealer about the light not working he told me the other 2 jetsetters had the same problem. Again if H/S has much of a final inspection process they may have a inspector to re-evaluate.

PS.  How about that typing wmccall (not bad for a dumb old Okie) hope this makes you happy.

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 06:12:36 pm »
I know this is frustrating.  

"Again if H/S has much of a final inspection process they may have a inspector to re-evaluate. "

If you have ever been to the HS plant, you wouldn't even say this.  They have one of the most thorough inspections in the industry.  Can things get through?  Sure.  I'm not saying they are 100%, but to imply they don't have much of an inspection process is pretty careless.  If you don't know, then don't imply.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 07:04:21 pm »
"not bad for a dumb old Okie"

COWBOY

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 09:29:44 am »
Didn't really mean to step on toes. I would not have bought hot springs after doing about three months of research if i did not think they make a good tub. Maybe should have titled disapointed instead of not impressed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 09:29:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42