What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting tub delivered this week in -30C...advice??  (Read 2545 times)

Rockdoctor26

Getting tub delivered this week in -30C...advice??
« on: December 15, 2008, 01:01:31 pm »
So I ordered a tub from Costco and it's getting delivered this week and temperatures here in Calgary are -30C...it's supposed to warm up to a balmy -23C on Thursday/Friday when the tub arrives.

Since I'm getting 'curbside delivery' should I talk to one of the dealers about moving the tub to the proper location? I'm not even sure how they would get the tub back there with all the snow...

I have an empty lot to the east of the patio where the tub is going so there is no fence there and the neighbor to the west doesn't have a fence either...but I think there is too much snow to get a truck in there to get the tub to the right spot. If they drop it off on the front sidewalk that would just be bad news!

Also, is this freezing cold weather bad for it since it has no water in it? could there be water in the pipes that is frozen?

I've talked to my electrician and he'll be there when the tub arrives to get it all set up. So should i just plug it in and fill it up and get it going asap?

Thoughts? Advice?

Hot Tub Forum

Getting tub delivered this week in -30C...advice??
« on: December 15, 2008, 01:01:31 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Getting tub delivered this week in -30C...advi
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 03:03:10 pm »
It would probably be a good idea to ask the manufacturer of the particular spa or Costco as they would be most familiar with the particularities of the brand whereas a third party might not be as informed.

I wish you luck and stay warm!  I can't imagine temperatures that cold.  BRRRRRRRRR!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 03:33:08 pm »
It's -30F (windchill) here in good ole Nebraska.   It's miserable.  Definitely too windy to sit in the hot tub here.   >:(
I'm wishin' I was in sunny Texas!!
Although, Saturday, it was sunny and 58 degrees here.  The next day it turned to -24 F.
Only in Nebraska..........

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 03:40:22 pm »
Just thinking that you probably should have investigated this before the purchase. A dealer might charge you quite a sum (if they were even willing to move the tub).  Since they didn't sell you the tub,  they might not want the responsibility of damages if they move it. You may want to round up a bunch of strong buddies or start shoveling like crazy...good luck ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 03:52:16 pm »
Given that it is Costco, is it too late to cancel? ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Rockdoctor26

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 04:56:34 pm »
I've recieved a couple of quotes...anywhere from $40/hr to $299/hr to do the move.  And be there for the fill/chemical instructions...

But ya it's still gonna be crazy cold...not fun at all.  Until i get the water in it of course :)

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 05:08:37 pm »
Given that it is Costco, is it too late to cancel? ;)

I was actually thinking the same thing.
Can't imagine what that will cost to heat in weather like that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 05:08:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42