What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aauuughhhh!! Finally a trip charge!!!  (Read 3896 times)

kervis

• runnergirl
Aauuughhhh!! Finally a trip charge!!!
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:54:54 pm »
I knew it would hit me sooner or later--a $40 trip charge.  My weir door is not worth that at this time, so I shall live with it.  I guess I am wondering why it is so later?  Why were they not charging this fee months ago?  Now that gas has dropped, all of a sudden they start this trip charge.

My milkman is charging a $.75 gas charge each week.  Now that the gas is $1.75ish, instead of $3.99ish, I am waiting for him to stop the charge.   I wonder if he is trying to make up for a year of lost $$.???

Anyway, if that dang door bothers me, I will bring it in and have them shave it down at their place, rather than me doing it myself and voiding any warranty.

It would be really great if they clustered customers into neighborhood groups.  We could then split any fee amongst ourselves and our dealer  would save a lot of gas money!

Just my rambling thoughts.  I am going to grab my towel and head out to a lovely 34* evening.  :)

2005 HS Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

Aauuughhhh!! Finally a trip charge!!!
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:54:54 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Aauuughhhh!! Finally a trip charge!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:46:41 am »
I knew it would hit me sooner or later--a $40 trip charge.  My weir door is not worth that at this time, so I shall live with it.  I guess I am wondering why it is so later?  Why were not charging this fee months ago?  Now that gas has dropped, all of a sudden they start this trip charge.

Kervis, what's wrong with your weir door? I had a problem with mine but it was easily repaired.

In my case, the pins that hold the door from floating out broke off. The spa tech used a threaded screw which replaced the pins. Not sure if this will help you but perhaps some of the experts could chime it. Sorry about the trip charge.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:20:41 am »
My door won't go down on it's own.  I have to push it down with my hand. It stays down for awhile then.  In another thread, it was mentioned that this may have been a common problem in some Vanguards.

I still have my white plastic screws that you mentioned.

The tech I talked to on the phone was the one who mentioned shaving it down.  Not sure if he meant the styrafoam or the plastic of the door itself.

I need to get out there and really check out what's going on, tighten/loosen screws, etc.  At this point, I am not willing to pay the fee to have it serviced.  If I waited for something else to go wrong to make the trip more worthwhile, I would be waiting forever and ever...thank goodness!!

Perhaps $40 will not seem so bad in March, after the holidays are past!  The tech also mentioned some service/check that they would do to make sure everything was working properly, etc.  That may be worthwhile.  I think I shall wait until summer then when it's nice and warm.
2005 HS Vanguard

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 10:26:14 am »
Do you think you really need the weir door?

If you have no debris to float back into the spa, what is the function of the door?

I think you are smart to wait.  Either wait for something else to fail or wait toward the end of the warranty.  

My 2 cents.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 03:23:31 pm »
Do you think you really need the weir door?

If you have no debris to float back into the spa, what is the function of the door?

Besides trapping debris inside the filter housing, the weir door is there to provide the correct amount of water to go to the skimmer. All weir doors (pool & spa) float up and down according to the amount of water and suction there is. If debris are on top or slightly below the surface and close by filter opening they are usually accelerated toward the filter.

Removing the wier won't harm anything but you won't trap or accelerate debris into the filter.

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:23:01 pm »
You have a milk man?  I thought they were extinct!!
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:42:38 pm »
If debris are on top or slightly below the surface and close by filter opening they are usually accelerated toward the filter.

Unless the jets are on.....

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 09:18:48 am »
You have a milk man?  I thought they were extinct!!

We have a milk man in our area, glass bottles and all.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 07:52:53 pm »

Unless the jets are on.....

8-)

You must have some weak pumps! When I turn on my Pump 1 which has a opening in the filter compartment along with a filter - it sucks in that weir door and gets stuff moving into that filter compartment. No wonder you have no bypass filtration in a Hot Spring. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 07:52:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42