What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down East Spa  (Read 5715 times)

rvitale65

Down East Spa
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:27:01 am »
I am considering a down east spa. I like everything about the spa except for the warranty.  Seems a little light compared to others in the industry. Was wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Down East Spa.  The model is the Plymouth.  I have been given a price of 7K for a 2008 model.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Down East Spa
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:27:01 am »

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
Re: Down East Spa
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:08:22 am »
They're made by Master if you are looking to crossreference opinions on the manufacturer.

rvitale65

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 10:30:24 am »
Thank you....seems like the master warranty is more in line with others....thanks again for the feedback

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 04:39:04 pm »
Secondary lines are typically sold with lesser warraties and cost less. I don't know specifically about Down East but my spa had a 3 year warranty vs a 5 year for the primary lines.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 07:33:29 pm »
Its made by Master, that would be enough for me to look elsewhere. IMO there are far better choices out there.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:52:01 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rvitale65

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 07:50:00 am »
Thanks for the feedback...seems like MS has many enemies :)

Why would they be rated 5 stars.  I will probably look into something else....but this industry is very confusing

Kialda

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 08:24:47 am »
I am sure there are many that would rate themselves 5 stars.

rvitale65

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 08:27:42 am »
They rate themselves.....even more confusing....

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 08:46:51 am »
They rate themselves.....even more confusing....

Its an advertising thing.  Not a true rating system.  If you pay for five stars, you get five stars.

rvitale65

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 10:10:41 am »
that makes sense.....thanks

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 10:25:22 pm »
I'd stay away from anything Master builds.  I'd call on the guy who used to sell Master in New Orleans awhile back.  He dropped them because he was always having quality issues with them.  He eventually went to Dimension One until Katrina put him out of the hot tub business.

He is only one of many people I've known in this business who have had issues with the quality Master puts out.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:26:18 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Kialda

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 10:45:18 pm »
It is to bad Master cannot get there stuff together, I have met and talked to Bob and he really is not a bad guy.
  They certainly have had there share of quality issues, but they are also not an easy company to do business with. That only makes it harder for a dealer to take care of there customer as well as they should.
  But I think the biggest turn off to many legitimate dealers out there is the type of deceptive promotions they seem to come up with. A few years ago they had a promotion for there dealers to sell  a spa to the public with a form for the customer to fill out to get there money back in I think ten years or something. They would pay some company like 20% of the sale and the customer gets this form to fill out and send in and there are some special things they need to do over the years but if they do them all they get a full refund. The money was supposed to be invested or something but it just sounded like a scam to me. The parent company was overseas. I have never heard if anyone ever got there money back, but I know they were selling spas for a ridculous price to cover the cost and people believed them.
   Now they run and advertise a Spa Show. People are led to believe they are going to a home show type show where they can compare different brands and dealers.
   All the different brands are actually made buy the same manufacturer(Master) and the show has the Pro show sales guys there to close the deal. Many people I have talked to felt deceived into going and could not believe they had to pay an entrance fee to actually go to a spa show that was just a spa sale for 1 brand.
   With all that, I have also talked to people that loved there Master Spa. I guess there is something out there for everyone.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:46:26 pm by Kialda »

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 11:10:04 pm »
It is to bad Master cannot get there stuff together, I have met and talked to Bob and he really is not a bad guy.
  They certainly have had there share of quality issues, but they are also not an easy company to do business with. That only makes it harder for a dealer to take care of there customer as well as they should.
  But I think the biggest turn off to many legitimate dealers out there is the type of deceptive promotions they seem to come up with. A few years ago they had a promotion for there dealers to sell  a spa to the public with a form for the customer to fill out to get there money back in I think ten years or something. They would pay some company like 20% of the sale and the customer gets this form to fill out and send in and there are some special things they need to do over the years but if they do them all they get a full refund. The money was supposed to be invested or something but it just sounded like a scam to me. The parent company was overseas. I have never heard if anyone ever got there money back, but I know they were selling spas for a ridculous price to cover the cost and people believed them.
   Now they run and advertise a Spa Show. People are led to believe they are going to a home show type show where they can compare different brands and dealers.
   All the different brands are actually made buy the same manufacturer(Master) and the show has the Pro show sales guys there to close the deal. Many people I have talked to felt deceived into going and could not believe they had to pay an entrance fee to actually go to a spa show that was just a spa sale for 1 brand.
   With all that, I have also talked to people that loved there Master Spa. I guess there is something out there for everyone.

Not to mention that they will lie to the customer at the "show" and tell them they have an agreement with the local dealer to service their spas.  Just ask Term about that.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 09:22:58 am »

Wit the traveling spa sale circus and the deceptive rebate program that corporate has tried to distance themselves from (when we know all along they were fully in on it) on his resume I think I'll pass on Bob as being good for the spa industry or even "not such a bad guy".
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:23:19 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 09:22:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42