What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO Error on Maxxus  (Read 17950 times)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: FLO Error on Maxxus
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 03:59:46 pm »
Alos make sure the fuse you got from home depot are slow blow fuses.

Does it only blow the fuse when everything is on?
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 03:59:46 pm »

txwillie

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 07:17:30 pm »
They are the time delay type if that is what you mean. Talked with the tech @ the dealer and he said there might be some loose components on the circuit board, or maybe even the main wiring is not tight. I'm done playing tech, I really don't know what I am doing. He is supposed to be out tomorrow.

txwillie

txwillie

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 09:14:04 am »
Ok, dealer is out a couple of weeks ago to diagnose. Pump  1 is drawing high amps. He orders a replacement. I am still up and running during this time. Pump comes in and he replaced it Thursday. Here is the strange part. The original pump 1 is nothing like what the tech has ever seen before. He calls Sundance and describes it to them. They tell him it sounds like the 50Hz pump used in exports. It is labled as 60Hz, however.

Any Sundance techs ever seen this?

txwillie

Sgt. Schultz

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 12:45:31 pm »
They introduced a new style pump this year with a separate bracket and motor.  It retros to all the old pumps, but the dealer has to be aware to order both pieces.  That could be the issue.

txwillie

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 09:09:20 am »
but the pump he put in is "like the other ones", not some new style. Plus if SD had changed the pumps, don't you think the folks at SD would know about it?

Kialda

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 05:49:49 pm »
Start it back up with the filter out, also turn your temp up to 104 see if the circ turns on.  with Jacuzzi and Sundance when you kill the power for what ever reason the circ pump will not run for 24 hours unless it calls for heat.

The reason for that is you can adjust the length of time a circ pump runs. You can adjust it the same way you adjust a filter cycle on the keypad. Therefore the default starting time for a circ pump is midnight. Once you pass midnight the circ pump will begin its 24 hour cycle from that point on. If you shut off the power at any time of the day and want the circ pump to begin its 24 hour cycle right away, simply adjust the default start time for the circ cycle to that time..some people in warmer climates like to back off the 24 hour circ cycle to avoid a tub from overheating in the summer months.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 06:45:30 pm »
   Thanks for that but I didn't want to explain all that, and after re-reading the problem that wasn't the answer to his problem  anyway.  :'(

Curious though why does it do it on the 700 series Sundance and the 300 series Jacuzzi?   ;)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 12:16:23 am »
This morning the FLO message was on my panel after a soak. I turned the pumps on and the FLO kept flashing. After a few minutes it stopped, so I hope I don't have a problem on my J-470.

Scott  ::)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Kialda

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 05:22:17 pm »
  Thanks for that but I didn't want to explain all that, and after re-reading the problem that wasn't the answer to his problem  anyway.  :'(

Curious though why does it do it on the 700 series Sundance and the 300 series Jacuzzi?   ;)

same reason, there is a start time to the 24 hour cycle for the circ..

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 05:38:53 pm »
 But you cant change it like the LCD controls it stays off for the 24 hrs unless heat is called for or a pump is turned on.

Should of rewrote my reply, meant to say you cant control it like the LCD controls.  :(

Kialda

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 05:49:54 pm »
But you cant change it like the LCD controls it stays off for the 24 hrs unless heat is called for or a pump is turned on.

Should of rewrote my reply, meant to say you cant control it like the LCD controls.  :(

You are correct, it does not work like the LCD. But it does not nessessarily take a full 24 hours, just depends what the start time is. There is also a way to change the filter cycle time and start time. It has to do with resetting the breaker at the desired time. You are testing my memory now. I suffer from CRS these days lol. My techs handle that everyday now, but there is a way..

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 06:05:51 pm »
  Yes you can still do that but it doesn't apply to the circ pump.  We always find out about bad check valves when that happens, wind storm hits power goes out for a short time, circ pump doesn't come back on and backs up to ozone and starts tripping breakers we also find out when the ozone was installed and the hartford loop was not properly done.  Not all the time but it happens.

Kialda

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 06:49:31 pm »
 Yes you can still do that but it doesn't apply to the circ pump.  We always find out about bad check valves when that happens, wind storm hits power goes out for a short time, circ pump doesn't come back on and backs up to ozone and starts tripping breakers we also find out when the ozone was installed and the hartford loop was not properly done.  Not all the time but it happens.
No more Hartford loop and check valves for 2009. I will ask my techs friday and let you know on the circ time..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 06:49:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42