What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need some help with Balbao VS510 with ozone  (Read 3168 times)

nickPSD

Need some help with Balbao VS510 with ozone
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:15:06 pm »
I just recivied the new balboa ozonator to add to my VS510. I wsa reading threw the instructions and it states to only have it run when the filtration pump is running. It then states to use the blue quick connectors to wire the pump to the filtration pumps leads. The ozone is wired in 240 volts. The tub has a circulation pump on it. Im pretty sure the way it is wired that it runs with the circ pump. Is there any way to control how often the circ pump runs or do I have to wire it into one of the other 2 pumps to keep it from running 24/7? The direction are not very clear on what to do

Thanks for the help

Hot Tub Forum

Need some help with Balbao VS510 with ozone
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:15:06 pm »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Need some help with Balbao VS510 with ozone
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 11:38:45 am »
You want it to run with the circ pump, 24/7 is fine. thats how they are set up on most tubs with circ pumps out of the factory.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 05:22:24 pm »
The VS system has its own circuit for the ozonator, you can change the voltage output to it by the placement of the white wire (either it goes to red ac for a 240 for white ac for 120).
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

nickPSD

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 10:57:16 pm »
I have everything in the right place, it works fine, im just wondering if you can set it so it does not run 24/7. In the instructions it vagley states to hook into the filtration pump wires. Im not to keen on doing that though..

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »
It is suppose to run 24/7 when your tub has a 24 hour circ pump. If you had a dual duty pump, low speed for x amount of hours per day....it would run with that.

There are ways on some of the Balboa systems to get into the sub level programing to change when the ozone runs, but it is for the educated spa tech because you can screw up a lot of things doing it.

Do not hook it into your pump 1, it will overload the system, leave it the way it is.

Run it like it is suppose to, why do you not wan the ozone running the same amount of time as the circ pump?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:21:38 pm by Hillbilly_Hot_Tub »
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42