What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Door on filter compartment sticks  (Read 9125 times)

kervis

• runnergirl
Door on filter compartment sticks
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:42:40 am »
It doesn't go down by itself.  I always need to make sure to push it down with my hand to make sure the water is getting in there and filtered while the jets are on.

Is there something easy I can do to fix this myself?

Thanks.
2005 HS Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

Door on filter compartment sticks
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:42:40 am »

Vanguard

Re: Door on filter compartment sticks
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 01:48:49 pm »
They do that sometimes.  You should just call your dealer to fix it.  They may need to replace the weir.  This should be covered under your warranty.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:53:02 pm »
What spa model do you own that is giving you problems?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:14:52 pm »
What spa model do you own that is giving you problems?

She has a 2005 Vanguard.  It's on her signature.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:26:07 am »
I have an Artesian that has the same problem, the door would stick going down and end up draining the water out of the filter compartment.

I didn't notice this before but the door frame was put on a little crooked at the factory so a door that is supposed to go straight up and down is getting stuck because of this.

I told my dealer about this and the temporary solution for them was to put a screw in to keep the door down.  I'm sure they will come back soon with a permanent solution but I am a little more relaxed knowing my pumps aren't going to burn out from pumping air.
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:13:02 am »

I told my dealer about this and the temporary solution for them was to put a screw in to keep the door down.  I'm sure they will come back soon with a permanent solution but I am a little more relaxed knowing my pumps aren't going to burn out from pumping air.

The reality is if designed well there should be a bypass so water is drawn in anyway when the door is in the up position so your pump shouldn't draw air. That door is really a skimmer and when it doesn't go down all you should loose is the skimming action (important in a pool, really no biggie in a spa). Get it fixed obviously but I would hope you would not see pump issues.

Its probably just misaligned as plastic can move, warp, etc. over time in hot water. Adjusting it or taking it off/putting it back together sometimes is enough to do the trick but have the dealer come out and take care of it by either aligning it or putting on a new one.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:21:18 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 03:42:35 pm »
Not sure about a HotSpring, but my Sundance filter weir can be adjusted with the plastic screws that hold it in place to allow the door to open more easily.

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 06:09:17 pm »
Do you have any mineral build up or otherwise?

It could be as simple as lodged debris, or something else holding it up.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 09:53:02 pm »
My Vanguard does the same thing.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 04:45:33 pm »
2005 was a bad year for skimmer weirs on our end of things.  They actually started putting a little bit of weight in them after some of the issues we had.  Your dealer should be able to replace this under warranty.  We haven't had any issues since they changed up the design.  But like everyone else said, the two intakes at the bottom of the filter area should supply enough water so that the pump doesn't pull air.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 04:45:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42