What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight Flair ?  (Read 5263 times)

sapoole

Limelight Flair ?
« on: October 15, 2008, 04:02:50 pm »
Hello, my wife and I are looking for a spa and was originally looking at a Hot Springs Envoy until we saw the price. The dealer then showed us the Tiger River Bengal as well as the Limelight Flair. We were most impressed by the Flair. We were quoted a cash price of about $7k plus about $500 for the cover lifter, ozone, and steps. I believe tax was included in this price. The tiger river was only about $500 less. The questions we have are:
1. Is that a fair price?
2. How does the quality seem to be?
3. Does the small filter effective area seem to be a problem (65ft vs. >300ft for the HS).
4. Is the insulation and operating costs inline with the HotSprings?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Limelight Flair ?
« on: October 15, 2008, 04:02:50 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Limelight Flair ?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:35:13 pm »
Hello, my wife and I are looking for a spa and was originally looking at a Hot Springs Envoy until we saw the price. The dealer then showed us the Tiger River Bengal as well as the Limelight Flair. We were most impressed by the Flair. We were quoted a cash price of about $7k plus about $500 for the cover lifter, ozone, and steps. I believe tax was included in this price. The tiger river was only about $500 less. The questions we have are:
1. Is that a fair price?
2. How does the quality seem to be?
3. Does the small filter effective area seem to be a problem (65ft vs. >300ft for the HS).
4. Is the insulation and operating costs inline with the HotSprings?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.
1.  Fair price?  Yes
2.  Quality?  As a new product there were some hiccups early on.  Now all seems to be good.
3.  Filter size is fine.
4.  Insulation and operating cost are going to be close.  Insulation is more like a Caldera.  Circ pump will help keep operating costs down.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:30:12 pm »
So is a cover optional on a lime light ? For me I despise the dealers who up charge for something that is standard from the factory. I do understand some makers offer covers at a option but I was not aware that Watkins was one of them.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:17:27 pm »
So is a cover optional on a lime light ? For me I despise the dealers who up charge for something that is standard from the factory. I do understand some makers offer covers at a option but I was not aware that Watkins was one of them.

He didn't say the cover wasn't included.  He mentioned a cover lifter as an add on.

Watkins does include covers with their spas.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

sapoole

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:49:09 am »
That's correct, cover included, cover lifter quoted around $200-$250.  They are telling me cash price around $6550 + tax.  We are going to try to wet test this evening and probably pull the trigger on it.

zroger73

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:51:32 am »
It's a "pretty" hot tub and will dazzle you and your guests with its multi-spot lighting and shooting waterfall. That was originally my first choice before I decided on the Tiger River Bengal. Ultimately, I felt most comfortable with the simpler, more expensive Hot Spring Sovereign II. Even though that particular HS had fewer jets and features, it had the basics I wanted - simplicity, ozone, no-bypass filtration, and 24-hour circulation pump. It's been 4 or 5 months now and I don't regret buying the Sovereign one bit.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 04:16:26 pm »

He didn't say the cover wasn't included.  He mentioned a cover lifter as an add on.

Watkins does include covers with their spas.

I apologize I mis read it. When saw 500.00 for cover lift, I read it as cover and lift ... At $500.oo Hope its gold plated....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 04:22:44 pm »

I apologize I mis read it. When saw 500.00 for cover lift, I read it as cover and lift ... At $500.oo Hope its gold plated....

"$500 for the cover lifter, ozone, and steps"

Mendo,
Did you skip your coffee today??
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:22:59 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 04:42:52 pm »
Boy am I slow.....I just did a fair and I must be more tired than I realize....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 04:42:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42