What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Heat baby Heat!!!  (Read 3026 times)

benalexe

Heat baby Heat!!!
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:22:32 pm »
For the past two weeks I have had the heat in my tub turned down to 80 degrees.  I have not been in the mood to soak and I knew it was going to be busy and probably not have any time or desire to use the tub.

Today I was on a train standing room only going home from New York City.  I watched the down rise and fall and fall and fall.

Suddenly I got the feeling that I really want to use the tub.   So at about 6:30 PM I turned the heat up to 102. It's now 8:21 and its up to about 90. looking  froward to a late night or early am soak  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Heat baby Heat!!!
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:22:32 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Heat baby Heat!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:42 pm »
Benny, good luck with the soak. That's why I usually keep mine at 102 all the time. When I want it a little hotter I turn it up a few minutes ahead of time.

Do you have a 6,000 watt heater? Don't look at your electric meter spinning like a top. You might get dizzy.  :)
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 08:38:35 pm »
Thanks... I am not sure about the heater but I figured being turned down to 80 for the past 2+ weeks will not hurt me too much to run it for 3 hours to heat it up.

I love the Hot tub. Really... I am just not the guy wiho will soak every day so for me I feel when I get the urge it is only about 3 hours until I can be submurged....

I am sure there are some people out there who will say I am crazy and it costs the same but for me psychologically I would prefer it cool when I know I am not going to go in.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:01:29 pm »
I sure wish someone would run a study using a meter comparing the two different methods.

1. Scenario 1: Constant temperature set at 102 degrees etc.
2. Scenario 2: Turn down to 80 degrees and heat up to 102 degrees two or three times per week etc.

I know it would depend the outside air temperature, insulation type, and other factors. Maybe one of our dealers out there could run a test like similar to this in the winter for us. If there is a report or study performed previously I would like to read it.

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:03:04 pm »
I feel when I get the urge it is only about 3 hours until I can be submurged....

Count on 4-5 degrees per hour, so from 80 to 102, 4+hours
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

benalexe

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 09:04:41 pm »
"2. Scenario 2: Turn down to 80 degrees and heat up to 102 degrees two or three times per week etc. "

A study would be good but I would modify the Scenario 2 to be keep at 80 for 2 weeks then heat to 102.

Also Scenario 3 would be keep at 95 and heat to 102 when using.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 09:15:16 pm »
"2. Scenario 2: Turn down to 80 degrees and heat up to 102 degrees two or three times per week etc. "

A study would be good but I would modify the Scenario 2 to be keep at 80 for 2 weeks then heat to 102.

Also Scenario 3 would be keep at 95 and heat to 102 when using.

Very nice idea.

I used to use scenario 3 when my spa was new. I didn't see a noticeable difference so I keep it constant now.

benalexe

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 10:16:42 pm »
Okay it is now 10:10 PM.... The water is 98 degrees.   By the time I change It should be 100.  Good enough for a quick soak.....  :D

benalexe

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 11:00:45 pm »
Ever feel like you are talking to yourself???

It was awsome... Water was 101. Steam billowing out! Glass of wine in hand.  Stars out no wind....  Clear Sky, bright moon!!!!

I found myself humming to myself. Is this normal?

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 11:14:22 am »
We all told you you would like those cool night soaks! They seem to be much more relaxing.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

benalexe

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 08:57:36 pm »
Just went in again!  This time with my 8 year old.  We had a great soak. My wife does not get it.  She popped her head out and said, I can't believe this is healthy.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 08:57:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42