What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: For Hot Springs & Cal Spas Dealers  (Read 7615 times)

p951

For Hot Springs & Cal Spas Dealers
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:25:02 pm »
I am looking to purchase a Hot Springs Envoy but surround it with a Cal Spas NorthEast Gazebo.  Everyone I talk to has said that I can't use a coverlifter with this type of gazebo.  Is this true?  If I can't use a coverlifter, does anyone have experience with Hot Springs Cover Stand?  Does this Cover Stand fold up and lay flat when not in use?  How heavy do Hot Springs Covers typically weigh and how much weight do they gain over time?

Hot Tub Forum

For Hot Springs & Cal Spas Dealers
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:25:02 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: For Hot Springs & Cal Spas Dealers
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 10:30:09 pm »
I am looking to purchase a Hot Springs Envoy but surround it with a Cal Spas NorthEast Gazebo.  Everyone I talk to has said that I can't use a coverlifter with this type of gazebo.  Is this true?  If I can't use a coverlifter, does anyone have experience with Hot Springs Cover Stand?  Does this Cover Stand fold up and lay flat when not in use?  How heavy do Hot Springs Covers typically weigh and how much weight do they gain over time?

p951, I have an Envoy and the cover is quite heavy. Don't even think about removing it manually each time. It would be a major PITA. Can you link a picture to the Gazebo that you are interested in?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:17:04 pm »
The "Cover Upright" is designed for use inside a gazebo or other applications where the space is limited. Have you looked at that one?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

p951

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 12:19:10 am »

p951, I have an Envoy and the cover is quite heavy. Don't even think about removing it manually each time. It would be a major PITA. Can you link a picture to the Gazebo that you are interested in?

http://calspas.com/gazebos/

p951

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 12:22:39 am »
The "Cover Upright" is designed for use inside a gazebo or other applications where the space is limited. Have you looked at that one?

Because the NorthEast Gazebo Attaches to the spa, I have almost no clearance on the sides of the spa.  I have maybe 3-4 inches.  Have much clearance is needed for the cover upright?

8-)

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 12:01:54 pm »
You would need approximately seven-ten inches on the back for where the cover rises up, but if you're attaching the gazebo after the lifter is installed, three-four inches would likely be ample room for arms that are already installed.  One thing you may run into an issue with is the locking mechanism on the side of the tub.  You would likely have to bring down half the cover while you're in the spa.

Micah

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 03:03:40 pm »
The one problem that I'm aware of is the radius of the corners.  Cal spas uses a tighter radius (6" I think) where others like Jacuzzi and Hot springs use a softer curve.  The wrap around bar will leave a pretty big gap in the corner.  The northeast is a very unique gazebo.  It looks best when installed on a cal spa with a matching radius corner.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 03:49:46 pm »
The cover stand is designed for smaller covers for spas like the Solana TX and RX.  I don't think it would hold the weight of the Envoy cover.  The TX & RX don't have cover lifters that will work, so they came up with the cover stand.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 06:32:22 pm »
How about Sequoia Works Vista Pavilion?

http://www.sequoiaworks.com/vista_studio.html
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

p951

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 07:01:09 pm »
How about Sequoia Works Vista Pavilion?

http://www.sequoiaworks.com/vista_studio.html

Sequoiaworks makes a nice looking gazebo, but I want the two sides and top open to view the night sky.  Plus, I think it would cut down on the heat accumulation. I think I will stick with the NorthEast as I really like the look.   My hot springs dealer suggested the cover stand.  He said it would hold the Envoy's cover.  

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 11:32:20 am »
I honestly don't have enough experience with Cal Gazebos yet...I will be looking at them much closer next month at the show in Vegas and can report then.

What I do know is that what I've seen of them they seem to be better priced for the sheer quality then just about everything else I've seen.

I did sell the sequoia line for a long time and he's been knocking at my door for the last few years to take it back on. It's a nice product however I just can't justify the price for what he’s offering....there are a lot of products of equal or better quality that are a better value price wise.

I would agree that a cover stand would be your best option and it is nothing more than a tripod that the cover leans against. It's not a HotSpring product but available to everyone.

Last comments would be that first off that gazebo is like a kite the way it is shaped and here in Colorado would get ripped off in record time. Second, I'm not sure the frame on the HotSpring is substantial enough to screw that to in any wind so you might need some extra support.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 11:36:39 am »

Last comments would be that first off that gazebo is like a kite the way it is shaped and here in Colorado would get ripped off in record time. Second, I'm not sure the frame on the HotSpring is substantial enough to screw that to in any wind so you might need some extra support.

Stuart,

You are so subtle with your below the belt comments.  I would rephrase it this way:

You need to know where the frame is on any spa to attach a gazebo to it.  A Cal Spa gazebo is designed to be attached to a Cal Spa.  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 11:45:33 am »
Stuart,

You are so subtle with your below the belt comments.  I would rephrase it this way:

You need to know where the frame is on any spa to attach a gazebo to it.  A Cal Spa gazebo is designed to be attached to a Cal Spa.  

Agreed.

Thanks Dan.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 12:21:32 pm »

Stuart,

There is nothing subtle about it...In my experience HotSpring used stapled 2x2 pine along that edge (if they've changed that enlighten me). This might support the spa but if you screw a gazebo into it that can be pushed or blown pulling out on the frame and it could rip the whole side out.

There are not many frames that I feel are strong enough to hold a gazebo bolted to them.

Again...you HS guys are starting to get as gun shy as the Arctic boys have always been.

He is saying he's buying a HS spa; I'm letting him know the frame on that HS spa he’s buying is not really strong enough for that gazebo. If he said he was buying a Marquis spa I would say the same thing.

If I was being brand defensive myself I wouldn’t be warning him about a Cal Spa gazebo would I? IMO I’m giving him what he asked for from dealers like myself and you guys in a non biased way.

Put the Kool-Aid down for a minuet and wonder at yourselves for your defensiveness.....are you worried about something?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 12:56:46 pm »
Ask the Sequoia Works boys how many gazebos they have sold over the years they have sold that attach to HS spas.  The key is knowing where the supports are and designing the gazebo to be attached properly.

Ask the Spa Settings or A&B Accessories people how many surrounds they have sold over the years that attach to HS.  The key is knowing where the supports are and designing the product to be attached properly.

MMM.  Good kool aid.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 12:56:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42