What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I wish I used my tub more...  (Read 9429 times)

benalexe

I wish I used my tub more...
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:47:11 pm »
I love the tub. Really.....

I wish I got more use out of it.  In the summer I was using it a few times a week.  Lately I have been using it an average of  once every 7 to 10 days one time.   Life is just so buys...   I have 3 kids and my wife and I both work.  

In the meantime this thing is maintains 99 degree water and just sitting there.  

Hot Tub Forum

I wish I used my tub more...
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:47:11 pm »

stevewhosau

Re: I wish I used my tub more...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 08:58:34 pm »
Ben,

Does your family not share the desire to use it more? I'm over three months now with mine; just did our first drain and refill. If there's a night where I may feel like passing on it, my kids come right up and urge us to go out. We use it at least 5-6 times a week. On weekends (now it's cooling off nicely at night and mornings) we sometimes go twice a day.

By your comment, I'm not sure if you were looking for a reply or not...its kind of hard to gauge your posts at times.

My suggestion, get out there and use it more...get up early one morning before work and go out there and enjoy it.  8-)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:37:41 pm »
benalexe....that is one big plus of buying a used tub like you did.

i think alot of people discover they don't use their tub as much
as they thought they would.

but you dont have the huge lump of cash spent to find that out
(a used tub can be the "trial run")

of course there are alot of people that do use their tub alot
some people continue to use their tub 7 days a week
some even twice a day seven days a week
it's a case by case

but that has no significance to the fact that like you many do
find out they dont use their hot tub nearly as much as they thought they would

but also dont forget the urge to soak may come and go.....

you may get the time and "bug" to start soaking more at some later date.

benalexe

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 09:50:09 pm »
I do get that urge every so often.....  I guess also if my wife was more into it I would go out more.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:18:06 pm »
Benny, I'm going on three years now and use my spa almost every night still. It's part of my ritual before I go to sleep. I think you'll like it in the winter. It's my favorite time of the year. I love it when it gets down to the 60's at night......
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 11:09:26 pm »
I have to leave for work at 6:30AM each morning. I get in the tub every morning at 5:00AM and soak for 20 minutes, then I shower, dress, eat breakfast and head out the door. It is my morning routine.

If I've had a hard day I will get in it just before bedtime to relax me so I can fall asleep. I always soak alone and my wife soaks alone in the evenings. It is a great time to meditate and have all the tension removed from my neck. We are raising our 1 year old grandson so we have to soak in shifts so he is not left alone.

I went on a fly fishing trip this last weekend and was without my Jacuzzi for three days and did I ever feel it. I'm hooked....

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 09:08:39 am »
I find if you make it easier to use the tub or to make it so you can be in the tub while doing other things, you end up using it more.

My point is I didn't want to walk halfway across a yard in the cold to get to the hot tub, it's 6 steps away from our patio door, the chemicals are in a cabinet right beside the hot tub, I'm going to get a robe so I don't get cold when I get out, the tub is outside a window where I can see the tv when I am in certain seats so I can watch a hockey game or football or a movie while I'm in there and it's really relaxing.

all of this makes it not a hassle and enjoyable experience that I can do every night.
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 10:44:57 am »
Dump the kids.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 11:49:28 am »
If you really enjoy the tub you will find the time to use it. 8 years of tub ownership, I rarely miss a night. I use it right before bed, it helps me sleep much better. I am to the point that I don't care if hubby is with me or not, if he is not it is because he is sleeping so I am not missing time with him anyway. I do it for me, my sore muscles and time to unwind as I look at the stars. Everyone needs "me" time, specially if you have a busy life.

If this is not great "me" time for you, then as said, good thing you have not put a lot of money into the tub.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 12:19:19 pm »
Benny,  We all warned you about this before you even brought the tub to your house. The fact is some people use their tub more than others, some have more time, some make more time.  I would bet the majority of tub owners are only occasional users..opposed to the ones who use their tubs every single day.

Fall is a real busy time for everyone...the kids are back to school, activities start and the days are getting shorter...which is perfect, in some respects because the kids will settle down earlier at night and probably go to bed earlier.That leaves at least an extra half an hour for you to relax in the tub. (or you could do what I used to do once my guys could tell time..I pushed the clock up 1/2 hour and they went to bed at 8:30 instead of 9   ;D ;D) some nights I just needed that 1/2 hour to get stuff done! Beware, they catch on prettty quickly to that trick especially if they watch TV in the evening!

So are you asking us to tell you what to do? Or are you just commenting? If you drain the tub now and pay to have it winterized, you may really regret it when winter sets in..You haven't experienced the very best tubbing time yet. Besides if you drain it..what will you talk to us about?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 01:21:17 pm »
I stopped waiting for everyone else and just use it myself it they aren't ready....It's like exercise, you know you should but it's much easier in the evening to set on the couch and watch TV.

Set a scheduled time...for some of us that could be a very weird time. For a long period I was waking up and getting in my spa at 3AM. Had to talk myself into it a few times however it was awesome, no one awake, night sounds, stars perfect and the air crisp. I think I will start that again! ;)

benalexe

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 02:05:56 pm »

So are you asking us to tell you what to do? Or are you just commenting? If you drain the tub now and pay to have it winterized, you may really regret it when winter sets in..You haven't experienced the very best tubbing time yet. Besides if you drain it..what will you talk to us about?

Just not really asking a question as much as I am just commenting.  more I am frustrated... I was about to go in last night looked at the clock it was 10:50.   Decided I want my sleep more than 30 minute soak,

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 03:35:30 pm »
We don't use our tub as much as we did in the beginning, but it sure is nice having it there when we feel like using it!  I would still buy it if I had it to do over again.  All I can think about this afternoon is getting a glass of wine and hopping in the hot tub when I get home from work.  

benalexe

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 09:29:57 pm »
Just got out. It was nice  ;D.  99 degrees was a little cool though.  

striider

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 03:18:48 am »
I agree- WINTER is the best time for a hot tub...barely used mine this summer, now it's in pieces.  We have to finish fixing the leaks pronto for it's second Colorado winter with us.  The wife loves it, but only in the winter also.  I tried lowering the temp to 90 to use it like a swimming pool, but that wasn't appealing either- we just heated it back up the few times we used it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 03:18:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42