What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Dark Side taking over...Cal Spas  (Read 26267 times)

Tom

Re: The Dark Side taking over...Cal Spas
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 10:40:15 am »
Who knows, in another 10 years I might be selling Arctic (Tom, does Darcy or the Kiersteds have a jet they would fly out to see me?)
Sorry, no jet.  :-/   But I expect that someone would come to see you.   No joke.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 10:40:15 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 11:01:20 am »
Sorry, no jet.  :-/   But I expect that someone would come to see you.   No joke.
:-/ :o :-/ :oAre they going to be armed!!!??? How big are they!?? :o :-/ :o :-/

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 11:26:07 am »

It'll be the guy who comes in the store with a tuque on his head!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 10:02:53 am »

It'll be the guy who comes in the store with a tuque on his head!
You know Term must be busy with storms if he missed an opportunity like that!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 10:26:18 am »
Well today is the day that the national sales trainer comes in to teach me how to sell Cal Spas. ::)
There better be lunch served! 8 Cal Spas in 9 days, wait until I learn how to sell them. Is it really possible to teach OLD dogs new tricks? If not Stuart may as well not show up. ;D
-SpaMan~

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 11:05:35 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 11:16:11 am »

Ya gotta love pharmacological humor!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 12:40:32 pm »
A little late on this but congrats Stuart! I have no doubt that you have done (or are doing) your homework on this and will make the choice that's right for you and your business.

My feeling is that if you have gone through the steps that Stuart has to determine wether or not this is viable or if indeed, Cal is turning the corner, then I guess only then can we have the same information as he to make this judgement call.

Knowing what I know and have read from Stuart over the years, he can make anything work with his passion and knowledge. Go big buddy and I wish you well!

*Side note*

I always find it interesting to see how the people that have knowledge on ONE BRAND and ONE BRAND ONLY seem to have the biggest opinions. It's always been that way on this forum. As a matter of respect, I think until you have the exposure that Stuart has in this industry collectively, you should bite your lip and try and learn from it...

I have had extensive experience with Cal Spa from our store over the past 25 years.

I, meaning YOU... yes, a little misleading in your attempt at credibility Merlin.  ::)

Steve
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:48:31 pm by Steve »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 02:11:07 pm »
A little late on this but congrats Stuart! I have no doubt that you have done (or are doing) your homework on this and will make the choice that's right for you and your business.

My feeling is that if you have gone through the steps that Stuart has to determine wether or not this is viable or if indeed, Cal is turning the corner, then I guess only then can we have the same information as he to make this judgement call.

Knowing what I know and have read from Stuart over the years, he can make anything work with his passion and knowledge. Go big buddy and I wish you well!

*Side note*

[glow]I always find it interesting to see how the people that have knowledge on ONE BRAND and ONE BRAND ONLY seem to have the biggest opinions. It's always been that way on this forum. As a matter of respect, I think until you have the exposure that Stuart has in this industry collectively, you should bite your lip and try and learn from it...[glow]

I, meaning YOU... yes, a little misleading in your attempt at credibility Merlin.  ::)

Steve

THAST IS GOOD PREACHIN'!! 8-)
-SpaMan~

Tom

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 03:58:24 pm »
Armed?  No, no, that's the Hot Springs guys like Term.

The Arctic Spas owners are not very big size-wise, but they cast a long shadow.  They took over a money-losing business in 1994 and within ten years had built it into one of Canada's top companies.  I'm proud of 'em.  :D

Sounds like you've met them at shows and such.  I never get to go to those.   :-/ :'(
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:00:20 pm by Graybeard »

In Canada eh

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 05:27:06 pm »
Stuart,

As a customer I applaud you for doing this.  You identified a problem with your existing supplier and saw a opportunity to provide a better value for your customers and hopefully a better profit margin for your store.  In today's economy you have to take chances to ensure your own longevity.  Its good for Stuart and good for his customers.  

For what its worth, I have no opinion of Cal Spas, in fact there is no dealer in our town so I have never even seen one.
Bullfrog 451

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2008, 05:17:33 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

clover

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2008, 05:52:32 pm »
Congratulations Stuart, for having the hutzpah to stand tall.  

With 26 years of experience in this industry, regardless of the Brand you carry, it is the DEALER who is on the Front Line when it comes to the consumer.  Their Problems are not always the fault of the product (warranty), but it is the dealer that makes them right.  I fought the old marketing methods of CH and his team of loose liberal dealers, as well as the "rebates" of Master Spa that all had your best interest at heart only until your check cleared.

I have experienced what Stuart explains.  You can be a dealer of any uppity manufacturer, but it is still the dealer that resolves the problems.  That is what we do, and that is what Stuart does.  When your customer shops you, and you lead him to the premiere model line up of your wold famous manufacturer that tends to be sold in the upper price strata, and your customer stops you to say, HEY what about this one here with all these jets, motors, lights, etc, plus all the bling and they literally choose to purchase that one because of WHAT THEY SEE, but WAIT, I want to show you this ONE.  It is just a little more $, but it is the world's best, as a matter of fact, I will make it the same price as that one if you buy it tonight.

People buy what they want, and Stuart has been around long enough to want to give the consumer what he wants (sometines it is easier, as the old dog gets wiser).  That is what he is in business for.  HE WILL MAKE THEIR EXPERIENCE the same whether it is D-1, Marquis, Master,Cal, or any other uppity manufacturer you want to add in.  It is Stuart who puts his business on the line and it is his responsibility to make their experience both positive and memorable in order to stay in business and thrive.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2008, 10:18:28 am »
Well said!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2008, 11:03:07 am »
Hi Clover,  Nice to see you back ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2008, 11:03:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42