What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for Spa w/ gazebo package  (Read 16827 times)

p951

Re: Looking for Spa w/ gazebo package
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 03:23:40 pm »
I opt for both.  I opt for therapeutic lunacy! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 03:23:40 pm »

gwstudios

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 05:14:51 pm »
In that case, any decent spa will do a good job of soothing aching muscles and provide a relaxing atmosphere. Party tubs tend to cost much less than "therapy"  :) spas. I'd recommend a Dynasty only for the fact that everyone I have ever dealt with was great and you can oder replacement parts direct and get them in a couple of days.

When I purchased my spa, it was a floor model (supposedly never filled) but after I received it, I think the salesman probaly lied (big surprise). Mine may have sat out in the elements before I bought it because the stereo had corrosion on the detachable face contacts and someone put a fingernail cut in the rubber membrane of the wired remote.

My only issue was a few jets that popped out due to a bad design which they have since changed to new ones that don't come out once they are inserted and a pump which the impeller detached from the drive shaft. I am starting to think something got down in there and jammed it up, causing it to break. These pumps and the impeller housing are built like a brick outhouse.

My brother was sitting on the ledge the first night I got it and slid down into the spa, tearing the corner pillow. But it was only $25-30 for a new one.

Apparently they don't have techs / service people in every area as I had to put a replacemt pump in myself. It didn't cost me a dime, only some time and sweat. I always want to learn as much as possible about my big ticket items and I love to build and take apart everything.

I can honestly say I'd buy another Dynasty, which I will probably end up doing if we decide to move.

I would only buy one still shrink wrapped and in a covered warehouse.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 05:17:09 pm by gwstudios »

p951

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 04:09:01 pm »
I wet-tested the Limelight Pulse over the weekend and thought the lights were really neat, but I wasn't overly impressed with the seating.  I then tested the Envoy and I finally think I found the one. I liked all five of the seating positions.  I like the SpAudioCast with the sub.  At an additional $1800 it is pricey, but so are most quality things in life.  The only hurdle I have to clear now is that my HomeOwner's wants me to get approval from all of my surrounding neighbors as well as a city permit and then final approval from the HOA association.  They said that will take another 30-45 days.  I leave for a two week Hawaii Cruise in 2+ weeks anyway aboard NCL so I'm not too stressed out ;D

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 08:49:20 pm »
Have fun on the cruise.

Good luck with the neighbors.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

gwstudios

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 10:14:48 pm »
I would definiely get a spa with a built in lounge chair, regular seats are nice but a couple of specialty areas makes a huge difference.  Foot wells with X-large jets are great too. Some spas don't have them at all.

You wouldn't think lights are important but they add to the relaxing atmosphere.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 11:03:15 am »
I would definiely get a spa with a built in lounge chair, regular seats are nice but a couple of specialty areas makes a huge difference.  

... and I specifically like open seating. I would avoid a lounge and specialty seating if I were getting a new spa for myself.

This is why wet testing is so important. What works for one person may not be preferable for another!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gwstudios

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 11:59:21 am »

... and I specifically like open seating. I would avoid a lounge and specialty seating if I were getting a new spa for myself.

This is why wet testing is so important. What works for one person may not be preferable for another!!!

Not to be rude, but what would be the reasoning behind buying a spa with bench style seats or ones that are pretty much all identical, other than squeezing eight people in there at once?

People tend to doze off when they are on the lounge sometimes, it's very relaxing. The only other specialty seat I have is the extra deep neck massager. When it's brutally cold, it's nice to have just your head above water.

I couldn't see spending 8000-9000 on what would amount to be the same style as a hotel's public whirlpool with nothing but regular seats.

I respect your opinion, I was just wondering why.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 12:18:49 pm »

Not to be rude, but what would be the reasoning behind buying a spa with bench style seats or ones that are pretty much all identical, other than squeezing eight people in there at once?

People tend to doze off when they are on the lounge sometimes, it's very relaxing. The only other specialty seat I have is the extra deep neck massager. When it's brutally cold, it's nice to have just your head above water.

I couldn't see spending 8000-9000 on what would amount to be the same style as a hotel's public whirlpool with nothing but regular seats.

I respect your opinion, I was just wondering why.

When I say open seating its not the same as the public whirlpool "bench style seating" you're talking about. Open seating spas still have contouring and have jets just like any contour seated spa. I just think much of the contouring in spas is to make them look better in a showroom when it has no water in it.

Lounges take up space and are nothing special to me. It’s as simple as that. I don't knock them and if I had one I'd gladly use it but I prefer to not take up the space as we have 5 people in our family and I prefer the extra room as we tend to move around a lot.

To each his own.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:19:46 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gwstudios

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 01:24:20 pm »
I understand, thanks for clarifying. You are absolutely right, everone has different tastes and since a lot of spas are seen empty in the showroom, one with a lot of extra countours and angles may appear more expensive. Eight seat spas also hold more water than ones with a built in lounge.

I specifically wanted to limit the amount of people that could fit to six. The water rises about an inch for each average sized adult that gets in. When the water is at optimum level for just myself and my wife, and we have people come over to use it, the water level is often even with the top of the shell and starts to overflow.

Getting permission from all his neighbors will be the major problem in my opinion. There are a lot strange families who just like to cause trouble in any given neighborhood.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:26:26 pm by gwstudios »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 01:24:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42