What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: fair season  (Read 5737 times)

torchbabe

fair season
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:49:43 pm »
hello all. im brand new to this industry and im really enjoying myself so far. im absoulutly addicted to this website :) lucky me, my first selling experiance was at a high volume fair. needless to say the other sales people stuck me  in the designated "sauna" area and called me the local sauna expert aka not a great spa sales person.  any help with adjusting to the fair experiance ?

Hot Tub Forum

fair season
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:49:43 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: fair season
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:00:14 pm »
hello all. im brand new to this industry and im really enjoying myself so far. im absoulutly addicted to this website :) lucky me, my first selling experiance was at a high volume fair. needless to say the other sales people stuck me  in the designated "sauna" area and called me the local sauna expert aka not a great spa sales person.  any help with adjusting to the fair experiance ?

Ah if I had a dime for every new spa sales person I stuck in the sauna booth. Hang in there it doesn't get any easier and you will probably never really make any money but you got to eat fried food on a stick.  ;D

I am kidding selling spas is really simple and 250 lb gorilla can do it so you will be fine. Keep your chin up, listen to every presentation and take the good parts and make it your own. 8-)
-SpaMan~

Summitman

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:56:55 pm »
People buy from people they like, plain and simple.  Make it obvious that you and your company always goes the extra mile if this indeed is the case.  Always find the information that they are looking for, no matter if it takes getting someone else involved.  Best thing you can do is LISTEN to the customer.  No need to sell stereos and loungers to someone who just wants a two person spa with a fair amount of jets.

Just my .02 cents, and good luck!

GA

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:30:06 pm »
Know your product well, inside and out. Know how it works and beleive in it, not just the sales stuff, learn the entire workings. Go the extra mile to help someone out. As said, listen and learn. Research on your own. Good luck!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 03:18:59 pm »
 All good info above!!   One thing I will add, DONT pre-judge people by how they are dressed or what they look like!
Talk to everyone who is even remotely interested in a hot tub and treat it like a sale even if your just giving info,and they say they are just looking.

I have sold many a spa to people I never thought were ready to buy, a lot of times they walk away thinking about it and whamo they come back later and purchase because you sparked there interest.  

Don't be afraid to ask for the sale, probably the one big nemesis of any salesman.

Oh and welcome to the Forum!  Where ya from, what line do you sell??

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 04:20:39 pm »
I should have had that one! Many of our customers are farmers that come in the store just out of the field. Usually they are very easy to deal with. The other half of my customers are people with 2nd homes in the area, many can be very difficult to deal with.

Also...HONESTY...plays a huge role. If it is going to take 8 weeks to get something, don't tell them 2, and so on.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

torchbabe

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 05:03:26 pm »
thanks for all the helpful information, i really appreciate it :) and by the way j jim im from florida but im relocating to iowa to sell hot spring spas. thanks for asking

Summitman

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 06:03:11 pm »
thanks for all the helpful information, i really appreciate it :) and by the way j jim im from florida but im relocating to iowa to sell hot spring spas. thanks for asking

disregard what I said earlier, you just need to learn one line when selling Hot Spring spas.  We have "100% no-bypass filtration" !!!!

:o

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 06:29:29 pm »

disregard what I said earlier, you just need to learn one line when selling Hot Spring spas.  We have "100% no-bypass filtration" !!!!

;D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 06:32:36 pm »

One out of every five people in the world who buy a spa love that filtration system.  I know I do. :)

Our fair starts Tuesday torchbabe!  Eat a Fried Twinkie or two if you get a chance and don't accept rides from carnies.

Termie
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:33:11 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 08:46:53 pm »
  One thing I will add, DONT pre-judge people by how they are dressed or what they look like!

I'm not a dealer but ...

This is 100% true - whenever I go looking for a car I dress like a slob. I swear some salespeople think I make $2.00 a year. I haggle with them and they don't want to "play" until they see my credit score. I had one person ask me if I knew what my credit score was after he ran it - I told him "I told you not to worry".

I think Term should post his 100% diagram for you to use as a sales tool.

Unfortunately, no one told you that you are selling a crappy spa!!!

Just Kidding!!! Good Luck ... I wish I could become a spa salesperson.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 04:17:27 pm »

Well, Congrats on your move! I moved to Iowa a few years ago and love it.  Where in Iowa are you moving to? Hope all goes well for you!
Jo from Iowa

torchbabe

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 10:19:11 pm »
Thanks for the congrats...Moving to Okoboji and looking foward to the fall.  Where are you from Jo?

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 08:28:52 am »
Okoboji !!?? ooohhhhhh man I am jealous. Its so nice there! I am 1 hour and 20 minutes south of there. I know that because I use to dive up to Okoboji quite a bit a few years ago. I would drive around and look for my lakefront house. Never found it....lol
You mention you are fron Florida. Ummm...do you like cold winters?

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 06:14:24 pm »
My words of advice would be:

There are many brands in this industry, for the most part; they are good in their own way. Do not put down other spas to make yours look better. Research your competition and find out the little nuance that makes you really like your manufacturer. There is one seat in a Sundance spa that I love. Hot Springs makes a great tub as does Jacuzzi. When a customer comes to you, it[ch8217]s usually after visiting your competition, or they are go after. If you talk crap, when they hit the next dealer, they are going to find out that hot water feels good. And whatever you complained about, they didn't see it that way.

I have help with many sales that come after someone asks me the question, "What do you think about Sundance". More than likely they have sat in a Sundance already and they are just baiting you, but the answer that has served me well is, "it's a great spa, how did you like it?" Then do your job and present your brand. Let them wet test and decide.

Go luck, and try the fried PB and Jelly for me.
 :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 06:14:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42