What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: You Wouldnt believe it!!!!!  (Read 24315 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: You Wouldnt believe it!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 11:39:49 am »

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1146099616

And yes it was a HS

I think we might be having a communication problem here GoArtic.  ??? Did you read the thread you posted?????  :o

Let me recap...A Hotpsrings customer has a bad tub, a lemon, and was upset.  As I stated, every company has problems BUT the difference is how they handle them.

In the thread you referenced, within 4 days of bringing it to the attention of the internet community, the customer was offered  100% trade in for thier tub.  Hotsprings said, yup, you are not happy and we are going to fix this.

Its' going on several weeks with Bosco....is ARCTIC giving him 100% trade in?  

Oh, an also notice in that thread, no Hotsprings dealers came in and tried to play it all down?  The poster wasn't censored, or told to keep quiet, no offical HS rep came in to this forum and labled us allas controbuting to some Feeding frenzy, in fact many HS dealers posted how the operation of the tub was unacceptable. And in that thread, you can see how I was calling HS out as well.

The difference being HS walked the walked.   We're still waiting for Arctic.

Hey Bosco, I think GoArtic is offering you 100% trade in on a new tub.
What a guy!
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 11:39:49 am »

Summitman

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 12:25:07 pm »

I think we might be having a communication problem here GoArtic.  ??? Did you read the thread you posted?????  :o

Let me recap...A Hotpsrings customer has a bad tub, a lemon, and was upset.  As I stated, every company has problems BUT the difference is how they handle them.

In the thread you referenced, within 4 days of bringing it to the attention of the internet community, the customer was offered  100% trade in for thier tub.  Hotsprings said, yup, you are not happy and we are going to fix this.

Its' going on several weeks with Bosco....is ARCTIC giving him 100% trade in?  

Oh, an also notice in that thread, no Hotsprings dealers came in and tried to play it all down?  The poster wasn't censored, or told to keep quiet, no offical HS rep came in to this forum and labled us allas controbuting to some Feeding frenzy, in fact many HS dealers posted how the operation of the tub was unacceptable. And in that thread, you can see how I was calling HS out as well.

The difference being HS walked the walked.   We're still waiting for Arctic.

Hey Bosco, I think GoArtic is offering you 100% trade in on a new tub.
What a guy!

I did read the thread, and although the guy was taken care of it took posting and many calls to do so, and I have no doubt just like with Bosco his presence on this board helped him out.  I dont believe that Bosco is demanding a new spa like the HS customer was.  Bosco just wants taken care of which, Arctics dealer is and has done.  Carry on Drew.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:33:27 pm by waylon33 »

Summitman

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 12:32:54 pm »
[glow]"I disagree with that assumption.  Is it representative? It's hard to tell, but to shrug it off as an isolated case is foolish.   I've read statistics that for every complaint reported, 20 went without.   I have a hard time beliving that Bosco is the only customer from this dealer to be treated with less than what they thought they were paying for.  

Companies really need to forge GREAT relaitionships with thier dealers and invest in them, because they are the face of the company to consumers.   "[/glow]

So in turn we can assume (since the the HS thread was brought up in Boscos thread) that their were twenty other ticked off HS buyers from that dealer?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 12:37:47 pm »

All companies have service issues. Nothing is perfect.  What seperates great companies from every one else is how they handle and react when they have a problem.

You missed my point drewstar... Show me a great comapny and I'll show you failure with customer service many times over. I'm all about customer service and it's my #1 priority in sales. Always has been. I'm just saying that we need to dial it back a bit and realize that this is one issue. Are there more? You bet there are but there is in every company and if anyone feels differently, they are living a fantasy. The better companies learn from them and try their best to eliminate them as best they can.

I just get a kick out of some of the people that love this stuff and carry their own ladder so they can jump on that bandwagon easier when provided the opportunity.

And FTR, I would be posting this regardless of the manufacturer in question.

Steve

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:39:28 pm by Steve »

Too Tense

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 12:42:08 pm »
Vinny and Srarsky well said.

Steve I disagree on part of what you said.

This is my point of view. I have been resarching spas for the past 3 months. I look to these forums for open true feed back on different manufactures spas from people who have owned them for some time. Local dealers are not going to give me a customer list that is not in there favor where their customers never having any issues or service problems, its just not going too happen. I and many other potential spa owners would agree on this.

I 've read a lot of great post on here and other forums about different spas that I was cosidering. I really found what I needed to know about each spa that I thought I wanted to buy both positive and negative. It is very easy to find positive feed back, but most importantly for me is finding any negative feed back on common continuous problem(s). How the company and dealer handled the problem(s) and so on. I have found most dealers and service people on these forums too be very helpful in assisting the consumers with there problems no matter how large or small. Without these forums we as consumers would not get a clear and full insight as to how problems are handle. These forums are a invaluable tool. If I as the consumer see a pattern with a particular  spa that has on going problems year after year you can bet that I will remove that spa from my list in a N.Y. second.

This is my 2 cents

Summitman

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 12:50:35 pm »
[glow]"This is my point of view. I have been resarching spas for the past 3 months. I look to these forums for open true feed back on different manufactures spas from people who have owned them for some time. Local dealers are not going to give me a customer list that is not in there favor where their customers never having any issues or service problems, its just not going too happen. I and many other potential spa owners would agree on this. "[/glow]

I respectfully disagree Too Tense, future customers are welcome to our customer file at any time, to call ALL of our customers regardless of problems.  Trust me we have had customers with issues, but they have to be resolved and thats where we as dealers can really step up and WE always do.  I intentionally give future prospects customers numbers that HAVE had issues with their spas so the customers can see how well we take care of the problem.  In turn you are incorrect that we as dealers dont give our customers that have had services done to their spa.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:52:06 pm by waylon33 »

Tom

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 12:53:42 pm »
One reason I follow these threads closely, even if I say little, is that I  learn a great deal.  And let's face it, often one learns more from mistakes than from successes.  

The dealership group in question has won numerous awards and it is unfortunate that this incident has sullied an otherwise excellent reputation (as evidenced by Bosco's comments about Norm's service).   I will also say that in my dealings with the staff at the service center I have found them helpful and professional and I deeply regret that they have come under personal attack in this and other threads.  

At the corporate level, we have a relatively new process and policy for handling customer issues.  The revised process was just getting started in February and I didn't think to apply it to Bosco's query.  My mistake, and I've done what I can to correct it.   However, both policy and process are working and are being refined as we learn to use them.  We will never be perfect, but we will continue to work at getting better.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:13:02 pm by Graybeard »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 01:08:34 pm »
BADH.....

It still comes down to buying a quality built tub from a comapny that has been in buisness for several years (they must not be to bad a company to be around for 25 plus years) and to purchase this tub from a reputable, proven dealer.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Too Tense

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 01:17:06 pm »
BOYS

Time out. Go to you corners.

I think GoArctic and Fire Marshal Bill need to distance themselves from these 2 post of Boscos. There just too emotional. Tom is here to handle these kinds of problems with a cool and level head, keeping his emotions out of it. Best handled by the pro from Arctic.

Everyone has there opinions but now things are getting way off track.  Play nice.

Summitman

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2008, 01:23:12 pm »
BOYS

I think GoArctic and Fire Marshal Bill need to distance themselves from these 2 post of Boscos. There just too emotional. Tom is here to handle these kinds of problems with a cool and level head, keeping his emotions out of it. Best handled by the pro from Arctic.  

Everyone has there opinions but now things are getting way off track.  Play nice.

Huh???  Im just trying to keep people from automatically assuming that Arctic doesnt take care of their dealers and customers because ultimately they do!!!  Im not emotional at all really just defending the great product I sell!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:23:36 pm by waylon33 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2008, 01:25:51 pm »
BOYS

If I had the power this thread would be sent packing.

The dealer has been weak a few times. Their post here to ME just confirms it further because it had the undertones of "Bosco is a PITA and our story is different" rather than just call him back when they read what he posted to see if how they could take care of him. Tom took over and righted the ship.

As Tonto might say "Dealer bad, Tom good".

Am I missing anything?

MY father had a saying when my brothers and I were fighting in the back seat of the car “If I have to turn around I don’t care who did what, I’ll slap all of you”. I never cared for it as a kid but if I were moderator…
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:27:07 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2008, 01:31:47 pm »

If I had the power this thread would be sent packing.

The dealer has been weak a few times. Their post here to ME just confirms it further because it had the undertones of "Bosco is a PITA and our story is different" rather than just call him back when they read what he posted to see if how they could take care of him. Tom took over and righted the ship.

As Tonto might say "Dealer bad, Tom good".

Am I missing anything?

MY father had a saying when my brothers and I were fighting in the back seat of the car “If I have to turn around I don’t care who did what, I’ll slap all of you”. I never cared for it as a kid but if I were moderator…

Tonto also would say "one with limp wrist should not slap" ;D
-SpaMan~

Too Tense

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2008, 01:36:41 pm »
Spatech t.u.o   Right on!!!!!

You give them books send them to school and this is what happens.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2008, 02:25:39 pm »
i dont know why you are defending arctic, nobody is attacking it. They are attacking the poor quality service that I got.  You are vested in this and are defending arctic cuz you sell it.  So stop enough is enough.  

jenC

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2008, 03:57:48 pm »
I respectfully disagree Too Tense, [glow]future customers are welcome to our customer file at any time, to call ALL of our customers regardless of problems.[/glow]  Trust me we have had customers with issues, but they have to be resolved and thats where we as dealers can really step up and WE always do.  I intentionally give future prospects customers numbers that HAVE had issues with their spas so the customers can see how well we take care of the problem.  In turn you are incorrect that we as dealers dont give our customers that have had services done to their spa.

Ok I don't know if I missed something but if my spa dealer gave my contact info to one of his other customers I would not be very  happy.  Do all dealers do this?  Shouldn't a customer have to consent to their contact info being given out?  Like I said, I may have missed something but I would love some light shed on this topic.

Thanks!
Jen

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2008, 03:57:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42