What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Covers that don't get heavy  (Read 35535 times)

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: Hot Tub Covers that don't get heavy
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 04:01:13 pm »

I would like to see the Arctic company line that says your Arctic cover will NEVER need to be replaced.

"If it is not CastcoreŽ, it will probably be ruined by absorbing water over time"

How else would take this statement?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:01:28 pm by Gary »
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 04:01:13 pm »

Summitman

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2008, 04:05:28 pm »

"If it is not CastcoreŽ, it will probably be ruined by absorbing water over time"

How else would take this statement?

It doesnt say it would never need to be replaced.    Thats the question that I asked.

Tom

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2008, 04:38:48 pm »
I would like to see the Arctic company line that says your Arctic cover will NEVER need to be replaced.
Probably refers to a line on our (old) web site:   "...no cuts, no moisture, and no big electrical bills or the endless high cost of replacement covers."

The 2008 brochure has this more moderate statement:  "Our foam injection system and Mylavac TM design make the Castcore cover highly resistant to water saturation, significantly prolonging the life of the cover..."  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2008, 04:44:39 pm »
Well done Arctic.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Summitman

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2008, 04:52:36 pm »
Well done Arctic.

8-)

huh?

Water Boy

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2008, 04:54:18 pm »
Here is the truth about covers, and it doesnt matter the brand.

Covers are like tires on a car. They are wear and tear items just like tires. Just like with tires, the better cover that you buy, the longer it will last. You can probably expect on average 5-6 years on most covers, some less, some more. End of story.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2008, 04:57:41 pm »

The 2008 brochure has this more moderate statement:  "Our foam injection system and Mylavac TM design make the Castcore cover highly resistant to water saturation, significantly prolonging the life of the cover..."  

I think that statement is fine but the one I saw on the website that could have gotten Stuart going must have come from someone whose job includes picking colors and coming up with clever names for parts:

"If it is not CastcoreŽ, it will probably be ruined by absorbing water over time."

IMO that kind of implies the Arctic cover is immune to ever having this problem versus a non-Arctic whereas "highly resistant to water saturation, significantly prolonging the life of the cover" seems to deal more with reality.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:07:58 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tom

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 05:20:51 pm »

I think that statement is fine but the one I saw on the website that could have gotten Stuart going must have come from someone whose job includes picking colors and coming up with clever names for parts:

"If it is not CastcoreŽ, it will probably be ruined by absorbing water over time."

IMO that kind of implies the Arctic cover is immune to ever having this problem versus a non-Arctic whereas "highly resistant to water saturation, significantly prolonging the life of the cover" seems to deal more with reality.

LOL.  Thank you for that kind comment; I will pass it on to the brochure writer.  ::)  Also, I was asked to write copy for the new web site (whenever it may appear) but don't know if my submissions were accepted.  I should ask for a sneak peek, I guess.

When you come down to it, selling spas is the name of the game, and I'm a writer, not a salesman.  I do learn from professional discussion among the salespeople onboard, I hope, because you're the experts in the field working with the customers.  I also pay careful attention to customers who post what they respond to and what they don't like.  If I keep at it, eventually I'll get it right.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:23:37 pm by Graybeard »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2008, 06:25:18 pm »
I was asked to write copy for the new web site (whenever it may appear) but don't know if my submissions were accepted.  I should ask for a sneak peek, I guess.

I remember a few years I was visiting a friend in a showroom. She had a customer come in so I sat as she gave her presentation. When she was done I said "Do you realize you said those speakers were Bose but they really aren't and the stereo is not made by Sony?".

She really thought what she said was correct because she got it from the sales manager who must have figured those name brands helped sell the spa. Her reaction was not "oh thanks for pointing that out". It was more like "damn, don't correct anything else in my presentation unless it makes it better".

I wonder if they'll really want your input!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tom

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2008, 11:41:32 am »
I wonder if they'll really want your input!!!
Oh.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2008, 11:41:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42