What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Covers that don't get heavy  (Read 35707 times)

livingston

Hot Tub Covers that don't get heavy
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:45:04 pm »
There is a new product just being introduced in the market place that could change the way we buy hot tub covers. AccuLok Hot Tub Covers have breakthrough technology that prevent water weight gain - the biggest culprit in cover failure. Most covers last only a few years until they become too heavy to llift, lose their insulation quality because of absorbing water. They often break or the hot tuib doesn't get used because the cover is too heavy to lift! Check out http://www.acculokhottubcovers.com for independnet testing certificates showing a 400% impreovement. The exclusive patent pending design prevents heat from escaping saving significant operating cost. Introductory offer, freight included.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:17:04 pm by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Covers that don't get heavy
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:45:04 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Hot Tub Covers that don't get heavy
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:16:09 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

livingston

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 03:41:55 pm »
Should you visit the web site you will see that this new product answers the industry problem of water weight gain. Return customers for inferior covers is welcomed by most retailers in the market place - especially those unconcerned with fair treatment and meeting customer needs. AccuLok will satisfy the customer's needs for an improved cover and only those professional retailers will gain the profits and referrals from selling this product.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 04:22:38 pm »
 So let me guess you cover the 1.5lb foam with some kind of resin/tar/spaceage product that locks out moisture?

There was a company in Seattle that tried the same thing, 50% manufactured in Mexico. They had a lot of unhappy customers after the first year,then went under leaving everybody hanging.

I wish you luck in your endeavors!! :)

livingston

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 04:53:18 pm »
Hi Jim,

We've spent 4 years of research and development on this product with independent  testing results - check out our web site. We have all reason to believe this product outperforms all others. Sorry to hear about the MX company - we manufacture entirely in the US.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 06:02:41 pm »
Hey Chris is that the hole A team?..I can't remember... :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 06:06:08 pm »
Hey Chris is that the hole A team?..I can't remember... :-/

No ma'am...it's the A Hole Team.  Or do you mean the "whole" (entire) A-Team?  If the latter, then, I believe it is:  Face, Murdock, George Peppard Character, and BA Bababooey.

Term

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 06:24:46 pm »
As far as I knew, Seattle Spa Covers were made IN Seattle. They too were "tested" for years..I never know of one that lasted more than about 1-1/2 years.

As far as AccuLok, their site says nothing more than, Our revolutionary technology keeps your hot tub cover lightweigh...nothing about HOW they did this. Seattle Spa Covers made the same claim (and also had a patent) ;D. Four years of testing only says it will last 4 years  ;D. Ours will do that, and more.

"Patent pending" simply means they have what they believe is a new and unique way of doing something, and that they've submitted it for a patent. If it is in fact unique, sometime within the next 6 to 18 months they'll be issued a patent, granting them the exclusive rights to manufacturing it. It doesn't mean in ANY way that it actually works  ;D ;D ;D only that it's unique.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:31:54 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 06:28:30 pm »
I got questions about this cover ...

It looks like it's one piece how do you use a cover lifter?

Using a cover lifter, the cover is sitting 7 or 8 feet high. What type of cantilever effect will it have on the cover lifter? 1/2 of the cover is sitting above the lifter's cross bar. I would alkso think there is a potential breakage problem with the cover being non supported.

In the thermal images it appears that the 2 tubs are not at the same temp - why? The tubs are at 2 different temps based on the thermal images.

It is stated that steam comes out of the fold - this is true - how does your cover seal this 100%? In my experience when you start adding anything to a fixed volume the displaced item has to go somewhere. Just the fact that jets without air are displacing the air between the water and cover would be enough ... add air and I can't see how any cover would stop steam  from escaping.

Lets start with these, I may have more.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 06:38:56 pm »
I got questions about this cover ...

It looks like it's one piece how do you use a cover lifter?

Using a cover lifter, the cover is sitting 7 or 8 feet high. What type of cantilever effect will it have on the cover lifter? 1/2 of the cover is sitting above the lifter's cross bar. I would alkso think there is a potential breakage problem with the cover being non supported.

From the pic on the top of their pages, it looks like the cover does fold in half.

Maybe a full insulator along the hinge, like ours?

In the thermal images it appears that the 2 tubs are not at the same temp - why? The tubs are at 2 different temps based on the thermal images.

Nice call, I missed that the other day.

It is stated that steam comes out of the fold - this is true - how does your cover seal this 100%? In my experience when you start adding anything to a fixed volume the displaced item has to go somewhere. Just the fact that jets without air are displacing the air between the water and cover would be enough ... add air and I can't see how any cover would stop steam  from escaping.

If you "pump" air in (ozone) it's got to escape somewhere.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 06:58:45 pm »
To add to Vinny... on their comparison page, they say the average online cover costs $405 - $605. This isn't true. The average cover sold online is $300 - $350
They warn people to watch for "regrind" foam..... I haven't heard of a manufacture using this in over 10 years (more like 15)

they say "About 50% Mexico" made covers. HOT DAM! IN MY FREAKIN DREAMS. Other than Hot Spring Spas, and OEM covers by Sun Star, I'm the only one making spa covers in Mexico.

Back to the vinyl they use. Spa Tech is a tradmarked name in the vinyl industry. The US distributor in in CA (with outlets in NC and TX). The vinyl is manufactured in CHINA (yet, on their site they say "All materials used to build this fine product are manufactured and supplied by USA companies only"). Additionally, on their site thay make 2 claims about it, one that it's 28 oz and another that it's 32 oz. (weight per linear yard). According to my RKB catalog, all the Spa Tech is 27 oz.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:19:30 pm »
As far as I knew, Seattle Spa Covers were made IN Seattle. They too were "tested" for years..I never know of one that lasted more than about 1-1/2 years.

If I remember right, they only fell apart after they switched some manufacturing to Mexico.  I met them down in Vegas at Aqua one year, one of the guys I work with knew the father/son team that tried it,cant remember their names.  One other difference is they used gortex instead of vinyl.

It actually was a cool idea, if it had worked.   We ordered probably 10 in for customers all failed within a year.  They took care of most customers directly a couple they did not which we covered pardon the pun!

Hope it works for them, that's whats great about the American dream!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 07:32:05 pm »
As far as I know, Artesian OEM covers are also made in Mexico.  Their manufacturer also sells on the Internet.  However, I do not recall which site.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 08:23:29 pm »
If they're still around in 4-5 years when I may need a new cover (hopefully) I might take a look.  Unless of course my current 5 year tub doesn't last that long.

Livingston, welcome to the forum. What is your position with acculock? Please make sure you read the forum guidelines.  I have been on record saying that I thought there had to be a better way, especially after going through 2 covers in 5 years.  Is yours it?  I guess time will tell.  Being new has to be hard, I just bought a new cover and my choice was based on history and personal recommendation from a close personal friend.

I hope you build a sucessful history by creating happy customers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:46:26 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 08:49:43 pm »
They warn people to watch for "regrind" foam..... I haven't heard of a manufacture using this in over 10 years (more like 15)

What is regrind foam and why should I be aware of it?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:50:41 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 08:49:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42