What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer Screwup, what to do  (Read 7947 times)

gowyn

Dealer Screwup, what to do
« on: August 16, 2008, 09:21:40 pm »
So we ordered an Arctic Frontier the end of last month.  Was told it was in stock in Alberta.  Finally shipped last Friday.  Got the call yesterday that tub will be delivered this Monday, ok so far so good.

Well got a call today from the dealer saying they shipped the wrong tub!  Of course it's Saturday so they will be calling Arctic Monday and then calling us to let us know.

Now the way it was explained to me was when a truckload (ten tubs) has been filled, usually once a month but sometimes more often then they are shipped out from the warehouse in Alberta.

I persoanally hate when people blame others for mistakes, apparently the manager ordered the wrong tub.  So I'm just wondering what folks think the best way to handle this situation would be?  Best case scenario is it will ship out this coming Tuesday (apparently a truck is leaving then but I imagine it will be full) and perhaps delivered the following week, or will ship who knows?

This is a substantial high ticket item so some sort of restitution I feel is in order.

Thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer Screwup, what to do
« on: August 16, 2008, 09:21:40 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Dealer Screwup, what to do
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 10:02:35 pm »
well at least it wasnt a train derailment!!!!!!!!!!!  just kidding, but seriously, I would say that if the dealer accepted fault, then perhaps see if you can get an in store credit towards chemicals and what not.  I dont think asking for some sort of discount is out of the question, but fact is, the tub is worth what it is so a week or a month late wont change the price.

The in store credit would be nice!!

Tailhooker

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 10:34:37 pm »
Get the tub you ordered!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:34:56 pm by Tailhooker »

gowyn

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 10:43:47 pm »
Well Bosco, you know who I'm dealing with so I'll take your advice.

I got the impression that the manager is no longer there...not sure why but...

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 12:25:24 am »
was it phill out there as well??  I think so.  I cant believe that he is gone.  If arctic knows anything they would try and get that guy back.  He was such a good guy, smart.  He will do well where ever he goes.  

its up to you, try and get what you can, but I think nickel and diming for your tub wont work.  Let them know your frustration and see what they offer you.  I would take a store credit for my time and anger, wouldnt you?  Hell right about now, I would take a non leaky tub  ha ha

gowyn

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 07:46:32 am »
cracks me up that you're still so up beat about them after all your own poblems with them.

Tom

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 12:47:10 pm »
Hell right about now, I would take a non leaky tub  ha ha
Uh, now I'm confused.  In another post, didn't you say there was no leak, as the water level had not changed all weekend and there was no further water in the spa?  

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1219065401

I am looking forward to having both your and gowyn's issues sorted out ASAP.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 01:07:05 pm »
Looks like Bosco posted that BEFORE he knew for certain it wasn't leaking the whole weekend.
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

gowyn

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 01:08:41 pm »
Hi Tom, does that mean you're looking into mine too?

I'm expecting a call from the dealer today, we'll see.

gowyn

An update
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 06:35:49 pm »
Well heard nothing, called at 4pm and was told they'll call back in 10-15min.  Guess what?  Nothing.

My wife called at 545 and said she wanted an answer today or we'll cancel the order.  Just got a call now saying oh we were so busy, but no answer from Arctic if it will be on a truck tomorrow or not.  Promised to call us tomorrow am, yeah right.

So Tom if you see this...

So far not impressed at all.  Pretty sure they got that impression too.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 06:39:44 pm »
Do I understand it right?  You and Bosco have the same dealer??  If so, I hope Arctic reevaluates their relationship with them. :-/
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

gowyn

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 06:54:48 pm »
My understanding it is a dealer group (six stores) with a central service/warehouse area.  Basically all of Ontario, BIG province!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 07:50:59 pm »
wow your confused tom??  im confused, I didnt realize that I was opening pandoras box when I posted my issues with my tub.  Why do I feel like I am under attack for some reason.

Maybe im way off base here and reading into things wrong, but at this point it doesnt look that way.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:17:59 pm by bosco0633 »

Vanguard

Re: An update
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 12:32:58 am »
Well heard nothing, called at 4pm and was told they'll call back in 10-15min.  Guess what?  Nothing.

My wife called at 545 and said she wanted an answer today or we'll cancel the order.  Just got a call now saying oh we were so busy, but no answer from Arctic if it will be on a truck tomorrow or not.  Promised to call us tomorrow am, yeah right.

So Tom if you see this...

So far not impressed at all.  Pretty sure they got that impression too.

Isn't it your dealer you're not impressed with and not Arctic?  I don't think you can hold Arctic responsible for what's going on.  They can only ship what the dealer orders.  Now, if they shipped the wrong spa, that's a little different, but mistakes sometimes are made.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

gowyn

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 08:10:48 am »
yep you're right, it's the dealer, nothing to do with Arctic.  

They ordered the wrong tub.

Just annoyed with the dealer.  

I'm sure it will all work out, I was just asking folks their opinions on how best to deal with them.

I'm off camping for a couple of days so the spousal unit will deal with them.

TTFN

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 08:10:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42