What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 65755 times)

Summitman

Re: It finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2008, 10:26:55 am »
Now could all you cheerleaders please start cheering for the
Philadelphia Eagles....it goes like this:

Fly Eagles Fly..on the road to victory...
Fly Eagles Fly...make a touchdown one two three..

Hit 'em low, hit 'em high
as we watch our Eagles Fly...

Fly Eagles Fly.. ;D ;D

Chieffffffffffffffffffffffffssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though we will be terrible this year.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2008, 10:26:55 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2008, 10:42:54 am »
Bonn, you are going to need more than a fly eagles fly song to help your team out  :o

Mike relax and please stop taking my post and starting fights, honestly man, enough already!!!

I cant believe that you could take my issues, and make it look like you are defending me by having an arguement where you keep repeating the same thing. STOP STOP STOP!!!

as for my tub, fingers crossed, I should hopefully know a little more today, unless the tech cant find the leak or whatever it is that is causing water to get inside the cabinet.  I hope it all gets worked out, as I want my tub to work again.

Not like it matters I still cant use the tub with my new tattoo.  Man im in pain, stressed out and angered, I need a soak.  In the words of Kramer, 'Im freaking out Jerry"

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2008, 10:46:12 am »
Chrisi is the nurse here, but would cold packs help? I make fabric bags and fill them with rice and flax and freeze them. They are gentle on the skin and seem to really help with burns (I imagine that is a similar pain). You can do something very similar with a bag of frozen corn or peas. just use a soft cloth between the bag and your skin. might be worth a try.

Good luck  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2008, 11:08:06 am »

Chieffffffffffffffffffffffffssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though we will be terrible this year.  

I'm guessing 4 wins on the low end for the Chefs and 6 wins on the high side (or maybe closer to .500 if Coyle somehow channels Tom Brady)!! The only thing KC fans really have to look forward to is the '09 draft IMO!  ;D

At least those Jayhawks had a great season last year and this year should be decent. Who would have ever though a KU football team would be good!?!? The hardest part of watching a KU game is seeing their coach on the sideline and wondering if he's going to drop from a heart attack in the middle of the game! Someone needs to push his away from the buffet table!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:16:25 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Summitman

« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2008, 11:27:40 am »

I'm guessing 4 wins on the low end for the Chefs and 6 wins on the high side (or maybe closer to .500 if Coyle somehow channels Tom Brady)!! The only thing KC fans really have to look forward to is the '09 draft IMO!  ;D

At least those Jayhawks had a great season last year and this year should be decent. Who would have ever though a KU football team would be good!?!? The hardest part of watching a KU game is seeing their coach on the sideline and wondering if he's going to drop from a heart attack in the middle of the game! Someone needs to push his away from the buffet table!

I think your spot on with your analysis of the upcoming Chiefs season.  The only thing that can change that is if the young offensive line gels early on and plays well.  Remember things change very quickly in the NFL.  Nobody really saw that Giants d-line developing as quickly as they did at the end of last season.

As far as the Hawks go, they are in good hands with the big fella, he can coach with the best of em and has learned from two the of best coaches of this era. (Bob Stoops and Bill Snyder)  He has trimmed up a bit, as he knows his big payday relies on himself losing a few pounds.  Something tells me had he been a little slimmer last year he would have been offered HUGE dollars to coach elsewhere.  KU just opened up some very impressive football facilities and plans on being a force for the longhaul whether college football fans respect them or not!  

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2008, 11:51:12 am »
Bonn, you are going to need more than a fly eagles fly song to help your team out  :o

Mike relax and please stop taking my post and starting fights, honestly man, enough already!!!

I cant believe that you could take my issues, and make it look like you are defending me by having an arguement where you keep repeating the same thing. STOP STOP STOP!!!

Thank you Bosco!!  I was thinking the same thing!!  I was going to offer a lick of my Prozac lick or a spritz of my Valium-in-a-can to Mike if he didn't chill out soon!!!  I never see a post from him otherwise.

As far as your tattoo is concerned, I would guess boni would be right, I don't see the problem with icing your tattoo and even alternating it with heat, the rice bags Boni uses I have bought and micorwaved for about 2-3 minutes with a cup of water next to it (to prevent burning).  I have never had a tattoo, but would like one with my hubby's name on it.

As Far as all you football fans go---

[size=24]GO STEELERS!!  STEELERS ROCK!!  GO STEELERS!!![/size]

HEEHEEHEE!  We'll see you in Philly!!!
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2008, 12:12:41 pm »

One of the best T-shirts ever!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2008, 12:13:51 pm »

Anhyhow, I don't represent any hot tub company other than the now defuct Pehonix rebrander from CO.

Defunct? When did that happen? I mean, I know defunct was always a semi-permanent state with that guy, but is he really gone? Like Wicked-Witch-of-the-West gone?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Summitman

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2008, 12:14:46 pm »

One of the best T-shirts ever!

Term

whats funny is the maker of those shirts has a local t-shirt shop in Lawrence, and was recently sued by KU for using their trademarks on those shirts.  He has some pretty good ones that he sells, with that being one of the best.

Tom

« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2008, 12:50:40 pm »
Getting back on topic, the following is a summary and update of the situation provided by the service center and posted at the request of the President of the Oakville Group to demonstrate that they have responded promply to these issues.   I have replaced the customer's name with his forum ID.

On Thursday August 14, 2008 [Bosco] had phoned in claiming that GFCI was tripping and that he may have a leak. He stated that he was not noticing the water level lowering, therefore it was obviously not a very major leak. Our service dispatcher had then asked [Bosco] if he had checked his pump unions and he had said no. Our dispatcher had then explained that if we schedule a service call and find that it is a non warranty issue we would have to bill him for the service call. We booked a service call for the SAME day. The customer called back shortly after that to cancel the scheduled appointment because he indicated that he shop vacced the pooling water and that the breaker was no longer tripping and told our dispatcher that the pump unions were fine and could not see any leaks and his tub was up and running.

On Friday August 15, [Bosco] called back and informed us that there was some water pooling again but there was no water loss in the spa and could not see any drips of any type. Our service advised him that the pooling water may be caused by excessive rain water migrating to the low spot. It was agreed that he would monitor the situation and if need be he would cancel the service call which was pre-scheduled for Monday August 18. Customer then left a message over the weekend to cancel the call scheduled for Monday August 18. His message indicated that the spa was running fine and cabinet was dry inside. Customer then again phoned us Aug.19/08 after a heavy rain the previous night to notify us that he is having same problems again. Customer believes rain water is getting in the cabinet through the doors somehow. We told him that weather stripping around the doors would prevent that and if we had to send a service tech out for completing this work it would be of a non warranty nature and that there would be a billable service call . There is a call scheduled for today, August 20 to assess the situation. The only charge to date is a trip charge for today’s call for $19.95.

Dennis Brikmanis
Manager, Customer Service
Arctic Spas Oakville Group

This brings everyone up to date except for the results of today's service appointment.

Water may occasionally be driven into a spa by heavy rain, but it is not a frequent occurrence.  I checked with owner James Kierstead about the weatherstripping, and learned that it has been considered and rejected.  Weatherstripping the doors is not really necessary; we don't want the spa to be airtight.  Because the Arctic Spa is so well insulated, sealing the doors would reduce air infiltration for the blower and would increase the chance of overheating.

If Bosco (or any other owner) considers weatherstripping the doors, I would advise only a thin strip along the top and sides, leaving the bottom open.  Take care not to leave a  gap for insects to get in.  But under normal weather conditions and especially in warm climates, weatherstripping is neither necessary nor advised.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 01:27:11 pm by Graybeard »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2008, 02:15:46 pm »
hello all, just an update.  The service guy is here and an amazing guy.  He said that much water could not be rain, tested it and tested positive for bromine..... Tub water therefore leak somewhere.  Well after much head scratching and testing, he has located the issue we think.  On the pump motor or whatever its called, there is something called the wet end, he said it appears to be cracked and slow leaking.  So replacing right now, just going to run it for a few days and see if it is fixed.  If so, I will be one happy camper, however still upset about this sudden trip charge fee, but happy none the less.

Cover is being investigated by my man Tom, hope that gets worked out and I am going to be sanding and restaining the tub next week to make it look pretty again, i will fill the dents and dings from delivery.  

Fingers crossed, this should be it, but you never know, you just never know.  Now off to work I go, to save my fine city from crime and dissorder!!!!

Later.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2008, 02:40:05 pm »
 The jist of this ordeal comes down to the dealer, Arctic or any manufacturer is responsible in the end of something serious, but if this dealer had just said hey will come check it out it!!  It wouldn't have gone this far period.  Chit didn't I read he can see the store sign from his house??  ::)

In my opinion the dealer is suppose to be there for the customer,the manufacturer is suppose to be there for the dealer, and if the dealer cant hold up his end of the deal the manufacturer steps in, it just creates more headaches for the customer and more hoops to jump through when that happens.   In the big scheme of things its the dealer that took the customers money and vowed to take care of him.   I'm not saying the manufacturer isn't off the hook but he relies on the dealer to solve the problem!

It floors me the service people here get from dealers they have bought from, and its not just Arctic but every make thats sold.

Bosco hope ya get taken care of!!    

Summitman

« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2008, 02:47:51 pm »
The jist of this ordeal comes down to the dealer, Arctic or any manufacturer is responsible in the end of something serious, but if this dealer had just said hey will come check it out it!!  It wouldn't have gone this far period.  Chit didn't I read he can see the store sign from his house??  ::)

In my opinion the dealer is suppose to be there for the customer,the manufacturer is suppose to be there for the dealer, and if the dealer cant hold up his end of the deal the manufacturer steps in, it just creates more headaches for the customer and more hoops to jump through when that happens.   In the big scheme of things its the dealer that took the customers money and vowed to take care of him.   I'm not saying the manufacturer isn't off the hook but he relies on the dealer to solve the problem!

It floors me the service people here get from dealers they have bought from, and its not just Arctic but every make thats sold.

Bosco hope ya get taken care of!!    

well said jj, you and I think alike!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2008, 12:23:31 am »
12:19am, went outside almost 12 hours have gone by and the cabinet is bone dry.  So fingers crossed the tech diagnosed the problem properly and we are off to the races.  So the wet end had a crack in it causing all of the leaking.  The rest is history, I hope.  

Tom again, thanks for helping me out.  I know that the service department wanted it to be something trivial to rub the salt in my eyes, however, they cant now as it was a legitimite issue.

This tech that came to my house has brought my respect back to the company a little, he was amazing, smart and fair and down to earth, real easy to talk to.  If arctic people are reading, they could take a lesson from his customer service and professionalism.  I mean this honestly, he was amazing.

Now on to phase two...................THE COVER

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2008, 07:57:58 am »
 :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2008, 07:57:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42