What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Heater Question  (Read 2812 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Sundance Heater Question
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:06:52 pm »
Good afternoon,

When I'm in my tub, I notice that when the water drops below my pre-set temp, the heater does not turn on while the pumps are running. When they're off it kicks on.

If I'm not mistaken, I recall that there is a jumper on the electrical board that enables the heater to heat while the pumps are running. Thus the need for a 60 amp service which is what I have.

On the cooler nights here in Wisconsin the water temp drops a degree or two while I'm in it. It's crazy but, I notice that 1 or 2 degrees.

Any input is appreciated.

Skellman

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Heater Question
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:06:52 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Sundance Heater Question
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 03:35:44 pm »
You could be in economy mode

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 03:57:01 pm »
Good afternoon,

When I'm in my tub, I notice that when the water drops below my pre-set temp, the heater does not turn on while the pumps are running. When they're off it kicks on.

If I'm not mistaken, I recall that there is a jumper on the electrical board that enables the heater to heat while the pumps are running. Thus the need for a 60 amp service which is what I have.

On the cooler nights here in Wisconsin the water temp drops a degree or two while I'm in it. It's crazy but, I notice that 1 or 2 degrees.

Any input is appreciated.

Skellman

If this happens only when both pumps are on, then your spa is probably set for 50 amps.  This is the default setting so if you are wired for 60 amps, your dealer should have done the change at install.  It is a simple jumper change, but if the spa is new I would have the dealer come out to do it.  If you decide to do it yourself, I am sure I can find the correct jumper change if someone more experienced doesn't just rattle it off to you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 03:57:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42