What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic or Jacuzzi?  (Read 5230 times)

herrs

Arctic or Jacuzzi?
« on: August 10, 2008, 11:05:31 am »
We have narrowed down our list of tubs to an Arctic Spa Legend and two Jacuzzi tubs - the 375 and the 365. What do you think? We'd like to make a decision this week!

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic or Jacuzzi?
« on: August 10, 2008, 11:05:31 am »

In Canada eh

Re: Arctic or Jacuzzi?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:27:42 am »
herrs,

Since both are good quality tubs with fine reputations, I would look at both dealers service record and stability as a possible deciding factor.
Bullfrog 451

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:14:52 pm »
Let's see do you pick the Lincoln or the Cadillac? Both are great choices.
Which one has the best jets and seats for you?
Which one has the most supportive dealer and offers the best packaged deal?

I love Arctic but bought a Jacuzzi because the dealer was close to my home and they gave me great support and a very nice packaged deal. The nearest Arctic dealer was 450 miles away. I really liked the J-365 but bought the J-470.

Good Luck,
Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

herrs

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 12:21:43 pm »
Thanks, at the risk of sounding ignorant, how do you check a dealer's service record?

In Canada eh

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 12:41:52 pm »

Thanks, at the risk of sounding ignorant, how do you check a dealer's service record?

Try the better Business Bureau, you could also ask the dealer for references or talk to other folks in your area about where they bought their hot tub.  After quality of the the spa itself the dealer is the second most important thing when purchasing a spa, in my opinion.  A great dealer can make a turd of a spa, a great experience and a turd of a dealer can make a great spa a very poor experience
Bullfrog 451

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 01:35:58 pm »
I agree with Canada.
Knock on wood, I have not had a single issue with my Jacuzzi in the 3 months I've owned it. My dealer was a new dealer but his service is provided by a well known spa service company in town. I talked to some spa people and they gave them high marks.

If your dealer has a service department talk to them. I always learn more from service people then salesman. Call your dealers and ask who provides service for them. Then call the service company and ask about the brands and the dealers. Better yet call other service providers in the area and ask about brands and dealers.

My dealer was not pushy and was very helpful. When I told them I was going to wet test some other brands before I bought they didn't nail me to the floor and try to prevent me from leaving. They also offered to set up wet tests for me with the models on the floor.

It is not rocket science. Just follow your gut when you are talking to dealers and don't let them push you into a decision you don't feel right about.

Good luck,
Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 12:17:02 pm »
herrs,

Either spa, you are in good hands, and company  ;).

As In Canada and Scott said, check dealer rep, ask around, BBB is a good resource, and even check your Yellow pages on line, many times customers rate the businesses on line.  Of course, there are sour apples everywhere, look at the overall rating and opinions.  Not to mention, what is your gut feeling?  Trunst your instinct!

Good luck!! :)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Tom

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 01:37:10 pm »
Try the better Business Bureau
When you do this, take care that you search the BBB data for the area in which your dealer is located.  

FWIW, you can find the manufacturer's BBB record here -  http://edmonton.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=155&bbb=0027&firm=106215.  But what you'll want is the record for your local dealer.

Best wishes with your search for spatopia!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:38:19 pm by Graybeard »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 11:44:38 am »
I love my arctic, but feel that you should read my post with respect to the warranty.  Make sure you read the warranty very carefully, as it may fail you down the road.  Good luck, you will love the arctic or jacuzzi, but I feel compelled to tell you just how disapointed I am with the warranty from Arctic.  

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 01:35:12 pm »
Sad thing is, there is another member on the forum, Saved By Grace, that has a new Jacuzzi.  From day one, he had problems.  However, the warranty wasn't an issue, service was.  I do know he finally got the problems resolved, and I am sure he is soaking quite happily n ow, since we don't hear from him...

Bosco, just curiously, wwhat model and year Arctic do you have??

herrs,  I think the general gist is, there are going to be issues at some point with any tub you own, but the important factor is, how those issues are handled, by the dealer and the manufacturer.

Good luck, I still feel either is an excellent choice.  Stick with what feels best to you and your family, seat=wise, jet wise, and price wise.
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Summitman

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 01:40:48 pm »
Sad thing is, there is another member on the forum, Saved By Grace, that has a new Jacuzzi.  From day one, he had problems.  However, the warranty wasn't an issue, service was.  I do know he finally got the problems resolved, and I am sure he is soaking quite happily n ow, since we don't hear from him...

Bosco, just curiously, wwhat model and year Arctic do you have??

herrs,  I think the general gist is, there are going to be issues at some point with any tub you own, but the important factor is, how those issues are handled, by the dealer and the manufacturer.

Good luck, I still feel either is an excellent choice.  Stick with what feels best to you and your family, seat=wise, jet wise, and price wise.

well said wewannahottub!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 03:30:01 pm »
i own a 2006 arctic spa tundra signature series, and love the feel of it, jets etc etc.  I am not complaining about the quality product.  And although wet testing, comfort and overall appeal is so very important when deciding, so is customer support, and warranty.

If you buy a high end product that will overtime require service, (I knew that it wouldnt last forever without some issues along the way) then you should also research warranty and service.  This is so very important, and for me now, 2 years after the purchase a reality.  There is so much to purchasing a tub that we dont really consider, and sometimes, for sake of a quick sale we may be told bits of the truth, while the one line in the warranty that is important is not brought up.

Lets face it, how many of us here actually pulled out the warranty and read it page by page prior to purchase.  Not me, I relied on the sales team and what they said.

I love my tub, dont get me wrong, and once all this mess gets sorted out I will still love it, but recent events have ultimately left me with a dirty taste in my mouth with respect to arcitc service, sales and warranty.

Sorry, maybe not so well said

bradysbunch

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 01:52:52 pm »
I'm new to this forum - but over 30 years in the industry. I have experience with both brands and I feel Jacuzzi is a better brand but as others have said the quality of the dealer is the most important thing. Ask around to see if any of your friends or co-worker has had dealings with the dealers. Ask the dealers for 5-10 referrals of customers that have had a tub from them for 3 or more years.
Good Luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 01:52:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42