What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Draining hot tub for the first time  (Read 4823 times)

johnhbrown34

Draining hot tub for the first time
« on: August 08, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »
I am draining my hot tub for the first time. It has only been 1 month but I was told I should do it to help eliminate the foaming. What chemicals are recommended to get off on the right foot.

Hot Tub Forum

Draining hot tub for the first time
« on: August 08, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
Re: Draining hot tub for the first time
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 02:33:14 pm »
Do you plan on using bromine or dichlor?

johnhbrown34

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 02:58:31 pm »
bromine and I have a circ pump

Tanod

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 01:06:37 pm »
I'm draining for the first time as well.  What am I supposed to use to clean the inside of the hot tub?  My neighbour says he uses dish soap but I don't think that is recommended so I'm looking for suggestions.

We're using bromine as well.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »
I end up draining my tub monthly just because I like the feel of new water. I drained and filled just yesterday. While the water is draining I just take a car wash mitten and soak it in the tub water. I then walk around the tub and wipe down the ring at the normal water level. If I have an area that needs a little extra attention I use a little windex to help it along. On the top of the tub out of the water I use some 303 Aerospace to give it some UV protection. I don't know if any of this is recommended but it is what I have done to this point.

Scott  8-)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:42:44 pm by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Renee

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 07:55:26 am »
I would not suggest using dish soap.  Any soap left behind will give you bubbles for eternity.  I use a roll of clean paper towels and wipe the tub down after I drain it.   If you have any residue, you could use some dichlor diluted in water to get that off.  Any tough stains, like nail polish left behind, I use a magic eraser in that spot.   I use the 303 Aerospace on the cover, but not the tub.  
As far as chemical regimen with bromine, I'm not much help.  I tried the bromine, in our old tub years ago, and in our new tub.  I much prefer dichlor, and don't ever forsee switching back to bromine.
Renee

Elmo

• Optima 2008
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 09:06:27 pm »
... I tried the bromine, in our old tub years ago, and in our new tub.  I much prefer dichlor, and don't ever forsee switching back to bromine.
Renee
I will be doing my first drain too and I use dichlor.  What do you do when you refill the tub - chems, amount, etc?

Thanks!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 10:33:56 pm »
Sorry to get off topic..but Renee..how did you get nail polish on your tub shell? :-/ ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Renee

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 09:54:50 am »
Sorry to get off topic..but Renee..how did you get nail polish on your tub shell? :-/ ;)

Good question, Bonibelle.  My neices & nephews had been over playing in the tub, and there were red streaks everywhere on the platinum shell after they got out.  I was sick about it.  Evidentally, it had rubbed off from my neice's toes when she was in the tub.  Must have been cheap nail polish, because mine doesn't do that.  But then again, I SIT in the tub.   Anyway, we drained it, and the red streaks weren't coming off.   Finally tried a magic eraser, and they came right off.

Renee

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 10:03:19 am »
I will be doing my first drain too and I use dichlor.  What do you do when you refill the tub - chems, amount, etc?

Thanks!

Elmo,
Someone posted some great procedures for chemical regimen awhile back (Steve or Tony?).  I will try to find it and repost.  I know I printed it and put it with my manual at home so in case something happened to me (God forbid) my husband could figure out how to take care of the water.  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:04:16 am by rnblase »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 12:39:27 pm »
I found the secret tub cleaner.

I use the lysol antibacterial wipes in my tub, no foam and no spray.   Just wipe it down and done.  Thats what I do.  

I dont worry about foam, as I use the micropure disposable filters and have never had an issue with foam.  But that a hole other debate

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 12:39:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42