What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The project is complete...almost  (Read 5240 times)

SPORT

The project is complete...almost
« on: August 11, 2008, 01:59:25 pm »
Continued from http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1199240892/45 here.

Here are the installed images of my new '08 Envoy from Hot Springs.  You may notice that we recieved the 2009 model but kept the 2008 blue...Cooool; isn't it!

I'll add some night shots soon.

Next year I'll decorate the house wall near the spa, add planters around the pavers,  plants to the flowerbed and stain all the wood the same color as the deck.

I would like to thank all those who offered suggestions and insights to purchasing and installing a spa.  Your help was great appreciated.

now it's time to enjoy some R&R.

Cheers.

Rick
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 04:20:25 pm by SPORT »

Hot Tub Forum

The project is complete...almost
« on: August 11, 2008, 01:59:25 pm »

Wet in ChiTown

Re: The project is complete...almost
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 04:40:30 pm »
It looks great !!!!    I was curious as to why you have the wood between your spa and the pavers?  I would think that you could have laid it right on the pavers.

I have the same lifter coming with my spa in a few weeks. Boy that is a big wall when the cover is up.  Thats causing me to think about maybe changing to the one that you have to slide off and it sits on a shelf.  

SPORT

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 04:56:08 pm »
Ya, I agree with the lifter.  It is a little higher than I anticipated.  The wife is OK with it, so it'll probably stay.

With regards to the spa sitting on the wood~  I'd like to say it's for noise abaintment...but I'd be lying.  when designing and building the lower deck I failed to measure the relative height between the 6"x6" horizontal beams and the spa pad.  The spa pad wound up being roughly 3" lower then the top of those beams.  The pavers were suppose to be level with the top of the beams as well as the top of the spa pad; but as you can see it took an additional 2" to make them level between each other.  The wood under the spa serves primarily as a frame to hold the pavers in place.  I'll probably drain the spa in May, at which point I will cut/rip the wood under the spa in such a way as to allow the spa to sit on the cement pad directly.  I'll also shave the wood to the level of the pavers (wood stands about 1/2" higher than the pavers) and stain them the same as the rest of the deck.  The hope is that it will look more natural and less of an eye-sore.

Regardless, I am VERY pleased with the spa and am looking forward to many moons of satisfied relaxation.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 04:58:18 pm by SPORT »

Wet in ChiTown

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:29 pm »
Well I think we will keep the lifter we have ordered and see if it doesn't annoy me too much.  If it doesn't bother me I might order this thing I found to make it at least look cool.  I showed the wife and she loved it.  They are a little pricey.

https://secure.spascenes.com/

Maybe even surround the entire spa with them.....just kidding ;D .... but wouldn't that look awesome.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:13:18 pm by wmccall »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 06:42:17 pm »
Very nice I am sure it will bring you years of enjoyment.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

SPORT

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 06:56:20 pm »

https://secure.spascenes.com/

Maybe even surround the entire spa with them.....just kidding ;D .... but wouldn't that look awesome.

Now that's just plain spoiled.  Hmm, wonder if I can convince my wife of one?   ;)

Tailhooker

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 12:14:17 am »
Continued from http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1199240892/45 here.

Here are the installed images of my new '08 Envoy from Hot Springs.  You may notice that we recieved the 2009 model but kept the 2008 blue...Cooool; isn't it!

Next year I'll decorate the house wall near the spa, add planters around the pavers,  plants to the flowerbed and stain all the wood the same color as the deck.

I would like to thank all those who offered suggestions and insights to purchasing and installing a spa.  Your help was great appreciated.

now it's time to enjoy some R&R.

Cheers.

Rick
Quick question, are the 2009 models out yet and if so how is it different from the 2008 Envoy?

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 12:37:32 am »
Very nice set-up, Sport!  What part of the country are you in?  I like the hills in front of your house.
Mike

SPORT

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 05:09:08 pm »
Quick question, are the 2009 models out yet and if so how is it different from the 2008 Envoy?

Yes, 2009 models are out.  The biggest difference between 2008 and 2009 Hot Spring line are the inside colors and the outside wood panel design.  Oh, I also noticed they changed the head cushion for 2009 as well (slimmed it down and added LED lights behind them, but you don't have control over them ~ ie always on, and only one color...neon blue).  

Changes are nice, but I wanted the 2008 blue inside.  They were happy to accomodate.

SPORT

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 05:11:11 pm »
Very nice set-up, Sport!  What part of the country are you in?  I like the hills in front of your house.

York, PA.  I live in a small burough called Mount Wolf.

It's a far cry from the Central Valley of Fresno, CA; but the hills are a pleasant sight.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 05:15:17 pm »
Your spa and set-up look great!

However, someone is blowin' toad juice at you, SPORT...the 2009 models do not come out until 2009.  The Azurite shell was discontinued in 2007.  The factory probably had some Azurite shells left over and built a 2008 model.  The year numbers really are irrelevant nowadays as Watkins implemented running line changes a few years ago.  In other words, if they find a way to improve the spas, they no longer wait until next year to implement the change.

Enjoy your Envoy!

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 05:15:42 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tailhooker

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 06:57:01 pm »
Your spa and set-up look great!

However, someone is blowin' toad juice at you, SPORT...the 2009 models do not come out until 2009.  The Azurite shell was discontinued in 2007.  The factory probably had some Azurite shells left over and built a 2008 model.  The year numbers really are irrelevant nowadays as Watkins implemented running line changes a few years ago.  In other words, if they find a way to improve the spas, they no longer wait until next year to implement the change.

Enjoy your Envoy!

Terminator
Thanks for clearing that up Term!  I was getting confused.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 09:00:04 pm »
Nice Set up SPort!!  I love the colors, too!! And, the view doesn't hurt!
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 01:35:03 pm »
NICE!!!!!!  Great job with the hot tub hun.  Hope you enjoy it for years to come and may your bubbles always be good ones  8-)

Now that your making me miss mine....which I still have at this point and time until the 3rd of Sept (possibly sooner) I think I will go sit in my hot tub and enjoy it for the time that I have!  ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 01:35:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42