What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A few problems with our Grandee---Help!  (Read 3991 times)

newbiespaguy

A few problems with our Grandee---Help!
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:36:27 pm »
If you have been following our saga, we purchased a 2007 HS Grandee from another person instead of dealer for a decent price.  Looks great, but a few things not working perfectly yet.
Most likely I will call the HS Dealer (50 miles away) even though we will not be covered by warranty but I thought I'd ask the forum experts on here first.

The Auxillary Control Panel lights up but doesn't seem to work.  Is there a way to unlock it or is this a bigger problem?

The moto-massage DX jets spray water but do not move up and down.  The tub has not one but two moto massage seats and both of them seem locked in place.   We replaced the filters and have opened the control valves but no luck.  Again, am I missing something that is keeping them in place?

The soothing seven jets...only the left jet works....no water flow at all from the right.

Finally......the SmartJet system lever (left side) does not seem to be doing anything either.  I have opened it, closed it, and turned it 360 degrees and doesn't seem to have any impact on the operation of the tub.

Any idea what's going on?  Or is it time to get the service rep out here to take a look?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:11:59 pm by newbiespaguy »

Hot Tub Forum

A few problems with our Grandee---Help!
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:36:27 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: A few problems with our Grandee---Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 11:47:04 pm »
Several things going on.

Auxillary panel needs to be replaced.

Soothing 7 doesn't work because diverter valve is not working.

Moto jets might not have the air hoses connected.  Don't know why.

Get your tech out.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:46:02 am »
It's too bad the original owner didn't get these issues fixed under warranty before you bought it. I had a couple of aux panels replaced under warranty. The newest version has been improved and shouldn't fail again. I would take Dan's advise and get a HS technician to take a look.

Good luck with your purchase....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:46:16 am »
As far as the jets go, do you have a manual so you can be sure you have the diverters in the right position and the correct air valves turned on? If the owner didn't send it over with the spa go to the manufacturer website and look to download or call and get one. Having a manual is a wise way to learn about your spa and how it works.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

newbiespaguy

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 03:01:30 pm »
We have the manual which has helped with quite a few things.
The tech came out yesterday and replaced the auxillary control panel and ran a diagnostic on the tub.  Everything now working and we took our first soak last night!!!!  

Awesome........and thanks for the help.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 04:00:02 pm »
All jets working?  Awesome! :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

newbiespaguy

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 10:57:26 pm »
That's a big YES!!!  All jets working (some are quite powerful).  

The new auxillary control panel is in place but the buttons still seem to stick at times.  Hopefully that will work itself out but we actually have a warranty for that part now if it doesn't.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 10:57:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42