What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sold on the N2 cartridge!  (Read 5277 times)

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
Sold on the N2 cartridge!
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:35:30 pm »
My basic chemical regimin is dichlor after each soak, shocking with MPS (sometimes dichlor) every couple of weeks, and installing a N2 cartridge a couple days after adding Metal-Gone to new water (Oh..and we have an ozonator as well).  This last fill up, I didn't add the N2 stick, as I was leaving for Seattle for 4 days.  Just figured I'd add it when I got back.  Told my hubby to add (pre-measured) dichlor after each use.  Well, because it was so flippin' hot in Nebraska while I was gone, he never soaked, so didn't add any dichlor.  When I got home, you couldn't even see the bottom of my tub because the water was so cloudy.  I tried for several days to get the water clear to no avail.  That would not have happened with the N2 stick.  I've gone 4 days without adding dichlor and have not had any clarity issues like that.  I dumped and refilled yesterday, added the Metal-Gone, and will be installing the N2 tomorrow!  In the meantime, I will have to monitor the dichlor very closely.  But I'm definitely SOLD on the N2.  It is worth every penny, in my opinion, and will continue to be part of my chemical regimen.  :)
renee

Hot Tub Forum

Sold on the N2 cartridge!
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:35:30 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Sold on the N2 cartridge!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 01:26:49 pm »
Thank you for the post. I have already ordered my first replacement N2. With it out of sight and out of mind I never knew for sure if it made a difference.

Thanks,
Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 01:43:30 pm »
Thank you for the post. I have already ordered my first replacement N2. With it out of sight and out of mind I never knew for sure if it made a difference.

Thanks,
Scott  8-)

It may or may not! Everybody's water is different and what works for one person may not work for another.

Renee along with a lot of people have had good luck with it but I have had no luck with it. I'm up on my water chemistry so it's not me ... only other factor could be the ozonator but that's questionable as well - I don't get the results other claim to get.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:49:06 pm »
I personally also love N2 along with several of my customers. It is great. We also have a couple of people that it did not work well with. These people had many users, some of which were kids and using the low chlorine recipe....MPS each use and weekly dichlor.

Not adding dichlor while you were gone allowed critters to grow, the N2 would help stop this from happening since it is a sanitizer (it dose not oxidize) and ozone enhances the effect od N2 since it oxidizes.

As Vinny said, some systems work with some people and not for others. Find one that you like and works for you that is safe and sanitary. Enjoy you soaking!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 01:57:23 pm »
I hope it works for me because we decided on the N2 cartridge.  ;)
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 03:06:08 pm »

My basic chemical regimin is dichlor after each soak, shocking with MPS (sometimes dichlor) every couple of weeks, and installing a N2 cartridge a couple days after adding Metal-Gone to new water (Oh..and we have an ozonator as well).  This last fill up, I didn't add the N2 stick, as I was leaving for Seattle for 4 days.  Just figured I'd add it when I got back.  Told my hubby to add (pre-measured) dichlor after each use.  Well, because it was so flippin' hot in Nebraska while I was gone, he never soaked, so didn't add any dichlor.  When I got home, you couldn't even see the bottom of my tub because the water was so cloudy.  I tried for several days to get the water clear to no avail.  That would not have happened with the N2 stick.  I've gone 4 days without adding dichlor and have not had any clarity issues like that.  I dumped and refilled yesterday, added the Metal-Gone, and will be installing the N2 tomorrow!  In the meantime, I will have to monitor the dichlor very closely.  But I'm definitely SOLD on the N2.  It is worth every penny, in my opinion, and will continue to be part of my chemical regimen.  :)
renee

4 days, no one used the tub and it was cloudy?    I don't use N2 and I can leave my tub for weeks  and it remains crystal clear.  I have an ozinator and dose with dichlor after each use. during the summer months the tub gets little use and every other week I may toss in some dichlor if it hasn't seen any use.

Some peoples water must be different than others, and in ways that are not measured by the standard test strips.   I honestly cannot understand the huge gap in people's experince with the N2 stick.

?????

07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 03:08:39 pm »

Thanks,
Scott  8-)

Can I suggesst taking the current, spent  stick out and on your next water change out, wait on installing the new stick and see if there is a significant difference for you?  
07 Caldera Geneva

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 03:11:46 pm »
Everyones body chemistry is different, as their make-up, lotion. laundry soaps, shampoo, suits, no suits and so on. It all effects the water differntly.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Renee

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 03:20:36 pm »

4 days, no one used the tub and it was cloudy?    I don't use N2 and I can leave my tub for weeks  and it remains crystal clear.  I have an ozinator and dose with dichlor after each use. during the summer months the tub gets little use and every other week I may toss in some dichlor if it hasn't seen any use.

Some peoples water must be different than others, and in ways that are not measured by the standard test strips.   I honestly cannot understand the huge gap in people's experince with the N2 stick.

?????

The N2 is the only variable that changed.  The only other thing I can think of is that my ozonator could have quit working.  Not sure how to test that?  

stevewhosau

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 05:00:19 pm »
Our salesman gave us five N2 cartridges after purchase! We're set for awhile. 8-)
I know you change them on a pre-determined interval but can you tell if it is no longer working before the expected date?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 05:01:42 pm by trippn »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 06:38:11 pm »
Our salesman gave us five N2 cartridges after purchase! We're set for awhile. 8-)
I know you change them on a pre-determined interval but can you tell if it is no longer working before the expected date?

The cartridge is good for up to 4 months as long as you don't drain or partially change the water.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 06:53:28 pm »

?????

Drew,

As you know, I've experimanted up the wazoo with my tub and even with ozone and N2 I don't get a long time with clear water, 4 days tops; except when I shock the tub to over 10 PPM before a vacation. I also soak alone and don't have a high usage tub along with not soaking my head and have the same suit on that I did when I got the tub.

I can only attribute it to the stuff that makes up the person's water.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 07:08:27 pm »
Also, there's something I want to add to this thread...

A clear tub does not equal a biologically clean tub. Thinking that a tub is clear = clean can get you in trouble. 4 days of clear water without a sanitizer with or without a N2 cartridge is probably not good to go into ( I know nobody has said they do). It is debateable to go into a tub using a sanitizer every other day although I do go in this way.

A tub doubles in bacteria every 20 minutes. It doesn't go from good to cloudy just like that, the transition period is full of yucky bacteria!

Brothersean

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 09:26:10 am »
Good post Renee!!,

I use Dichlor, Ozone and a "Sunpurity" mineral cartridge.  I think that it is the same as N2 just re-branded/packaged.

When we first got the spa it was about a week before the dealer came to install the ozonator and he also brought  a mineral cartridge.  After installation of these two, I had to add very noticeably LESS Dichlor to get the same FC readings. (with the same spa usage) I believe the cartridge works!!

We have had zero water problems in about 5 months of spa ownership!!

Sean
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:15:09 pm by Brothersean »

Renee

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 11:32:15 am »
I agree...my dichlor usage is much less with the N2 cartridge.  Which helps justify the cost of the N2 cartridge.  I thought of that this morning as I was dumping in dichlor to keep the water clear til I add the cartridge tonight or tomorrow.  It may vary between people according to the chemistry of their water, but for those of you who haven't tried the mineral cartridge, I would suggest trying it next time you refill to see if you notice a difference!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 11:32:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42