What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Industry Eggheads....  (Read 13955 times)

Calypso

Re: Industry Eggheads....
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:10 am »

Is there a soundtrack. We need to laugh along at work.

Edit Too much time on my hands at work. Found the movie. Freaks 1932.

Let us know how this whole saga turns out.  People like that dealer give the industry a bad name. I did not know that used car salesmen sold tubs on the side. Edit

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 12:02:46 pm by Calypso »
2007 Pacific Calypso

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:10 am »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 11:57:46 am »
It is scum like this that hurts the entire industry. I would call the local news and see if they would do a story on it. If I was the consumer I would also file a report with the BBB and Attorney's Generals Office.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 12:13:43 pm »
I agree, Gary.  I suggested the same thing to the victim about contacting the local media.  He is considering it.

Per my advice, he already filed complaints with the BBB and the FTC.  The dealer in question already has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB.

I am writing my report for the victim today and documenting everything with the photos.  Boni, tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode of "As the Spa Turds".

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 05:42:14 pm »
I'm glad I don't have a credit card that would take $8800.

Hopefully it's because you don't want that much credit and not that you've overdrawn your credit. It can come in handy, I have my wife's car on my credit card - got 4.99% financing instead of 6.5 % that the banks and dealers were getting and recently got an offer for 2.99%

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 06:19:04 pm »
Dont put anything on that 2.99%, Vinny, the lower rate will pay first and your 4.99% will carry...they love for you to do that...you really won't save because the balance on your car will not be paying down at all. :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 06:59:13 pm »
Can you still shoot people for that in Texas?

That is one VERY used/abused spa.

Get 'em Term.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 07:19:01 pm »
I can't believe he dropped $8800.00 on that over-sized outhouse.

I'm really confused. For that kind of money, couldn't he have purchased a very nice Hot Springs model from East Texas Spas? Aren't the Envoys in that price range? Something is not making sense.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 08:00:23 pm »
I can't believe he dropped $8800.00 on that over-sized outhouse.

I'm really confused. For that kind of money, couldn't he have purchased a very nice Hot Springs model from East Texas Spas? Aren't the Envoys in that price range? Something is not making sense.

Thats my thought, I don't know whats worse the spa salesman who's a slime yet was good enough to sell a spa like that for 8000 bucks.    Or the guy that bought it sight unseen.   Or the girl friend??   Seems like something is missing?

Could be hes one of the statistics of the old adage??

Theres one born every minuet  

I'm thinking hes just a slime ball salesman preying on the public!  Kinda like someone else we know all to well?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 08:08:45 pm »
Dont put anything on that 2.99%, Vinny, the lower rate will pay first and your 4.99% will carry...they love for you to do that...you really won't save because the balance on your car will not be paying down at all. :o

Actually what I would do is pay off the car with my home equity loan for a week or so and then use the 2.99%. I think over the life of the loan (4 more years) I would save something like $200 to $250. Boni, since you know my job situation, I was saving it just in case I lose my company car and needed to buy another car, I would put both on the 2.99%.

Thanks for looking out for me Boni!!!  :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 12:23:00 am »
I'm not one to add fuel to the fire

[size=24]yeah right!![/size]

But the crack in the first two pictures - I think it is the same crack? - anyway it looks as though it has been repaired once already. That tends to 'seal the deal' for most CC company folk when there has been an attempt made to cover up a flaw.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 01:36:24 pm »
The dealer in question has been doing this for a long time.  He is especially adept at preying upon the elderly.

The victim in this instance shopped at my store while his girlfriend visited the other place.  She was wooed by Ol' Conman (who is very, very slick by all accounts) and insisted that the victim buy a spa from his store.  Against his expressed instructions, the spa was delivered without him being present.   There was no paperwork involved.

The victim was shown a spa similiar in color at the showroom and was under the impression that the spa he purchased was one and the same.  Once he saw the spa in his yard, he became convinced that he was the victim of a typical "bait and switch" operation.

According to the victim, this mess was the beginning of the end to his relationship with the girl.  He asked me and another local spa company to provide him with analysis regarding the spa that he can present to the CC company.  He also has expressed consideration towards taking the matter to court.

My fee for my services was a request for a case of Shiner Bock Beer.  I work cheap.

Term

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 01:54:17 pm »
  Top notch there Term!!!  

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 06:47:19 pm »
My fee for my services was a request for a case of Shiner Bock Beer.  I work cheap.

Term

Dang!!!       :o

I shoulda held out last night...
...did a 120 to 240 conversion for a single bottle of Alaskan Amber...    
...freakin' partner's neighbors...

Sheesh!
 :P

Do keep us informed on this one, Term.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 07:04:48 pm »
He came by today to pick up his report and he wasn't sure if I preferred blondes or brunettes....so he brung both.

Ya'll have a good weekend!

Term

In Canada eh

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 07:25:52 pm »
Term,

You have done a good thing here!!!  Whether or not the gentleman ever buys a spa from your store you can be assured that he will forever send in everyone he knows if they even bring up the word hot tub.

[size=48]NICE JOB!![/size]

This is how you build a customer for life.  Dang, I wish you had a store up in Canada
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 07:25:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42