What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Grand Bahama input?  (Read 17104 times)

starsky

Artesian Grand Bahama input?
« on: July 08, 2008, 06:58:49 pm »
The Grand Bahama is in the Island Series of Artesian. This particular one has 62 jets, 3 pumps + 24 hr circulation pump. Full foam, LED lights, Ozonator, cover, lifter, steps, delivery and chems for $8699.00 I'll be wet testing Friday but wanted some input on the price and the spa. A search was done of the site prior to opening this new topic and I didn't find a whole lot.

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Grand Bahama input?
« on: July 08, 2008, 06:58:49 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Artesian Grand Bahama input?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 10:56:53 pm »
I'm not too current with Artesian pricing but from what I can remember when I was looking at Artesian Spas that seems like a fair price. I wet tested the Dove Canyon and really liked it. It had great power and fit me well. It was just a little more than I wanted to spend and the dealer didn't impress me.

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:53:03 pm »
actually that is a very nice price for that tub with those options. good deal! ;)
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

starsky

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:02:09 pm »
Thanks for the input.. I love this site!

MustangMama

• Drive it like you stole it.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 03:35:54 pm »
I just bought an Artesian Island Antigua (Smaller version of the Grand  Bahama) and we are very happy with it. (We have only had it a week)  

But that seems like a pretty good price for the Grand Bahama with all of those options.  Artesian gets an A+ from us. (So Far anyway!) :)
2008 Artesian Island Antigua

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:11:16 am »
That sounds like a pretty good price.  We bought a Piper Glen in Oct 2006 and paid 10K for it.  
We love our tub but can't stand our dealer!

Guelphgirl

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 12:12:59 pm »
I agree - sounds like a good price. We bought a 2007 Piper Glen for $10,200 in February 2008. We had to wait until spring to install it but have now been using it for about a month and love it!

starsky

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 07:51:02 pm »
I wet tested the 2007 model 52 jet Artesian Grand Bahama today. Here are my thoughts...

I found the lounge was a good fit. I didn't float out. The jets were well placed. I liked the jets hitting my hamstring and calf muscles. I thought the foot jets were a bit weak. The collared neck jet seat was a good fit and I didn't have splash out issues like I did with the Coleman 781. So that seat was another place besides the lounge I could fit in and spend time. I was really impressed with the middle seat with the pillow waterfall. The jet placement on that one was incredible and felt great. So at that point there were 3 seats that I liked. Then we got into another model tub that had the same seat the Grand Bahama 2008 model will have. They are replacing the second, smaller collared seat with this quasi lounge seat with a gentle slope at your legs with jets in the slope.. I loved that seat too... To sum it up, I found this particula model will have 4 seats that are really useable and well thought out with one that is just ok.. Coming from a 97 Sundance that just had one seat that was good and 3 or 4 ok seats, this was impressive. I took my girlfriend with me again, she has wet tested Jacuzzi and Coleman with me and she is 5'9 and liked this one better than the J-375 or the C-781. I have to concur.

It would be 8 grand for the 52 jet 2 pump that would include another 24 hr circulation pump, Dynabrite lighting, ozonator, stainless jet collars, pillow waterfall, cover, lifter, steps, delivery and chems.

I have yet to wet test the Dimension 1 but the salesman didnt seem interested in filling up the model I was shopping for and offered the top of the line version with no lounger to wet test which I think would be pointless.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 09:33:14 pm »
I own a 52 jet 2005 Cayman ... my opinion is get the 3 therapy pumps with the 62 jets if you can afford it. Artesian has a pumping diagram (or at least they did in 2005) and you can see what the pumps will pump. Sometimes companies put too many jets on a pump and it changes the way it'll feel.

My tub has a lot of power with 52 jets and 3 therapy pumps.

starsky

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 10:45:01 pm »
I appreciate the input... I originally was going to get the 62 jet 3 pump..and the salesman gave me the diagram showing the difference and pump 3 in the Grand Bahama would only pump one seat, and it wasn't even one of the 4 favorite seats. The missing 10 jets were not going to impact what I would feel too much. Its about a 600 dollar difference and honestly, I wouldn't mind paying for the 3rd pump and extra jets but in this case, it didnt seem like it was going to be worth it. I'll bet the 2005 Caymen might be different.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 02:06:10 pm »
They have changed the Island series and in 2005 I believe they had the footjets in the 2 pump version going to pump 2 and separated the footjets plus added another jet in the 3 pump version.

Artesian puts out a nice spa IMO, I've been happy with it. Although it's not one of the big 3 or 4 it still is a nice tub. I haven't had major problems with it and during the 3 years of ownership I have had 2 minor problems - Air valve not shutting off and jets breaking which they had received bad jets from Waterway and they have taken care of them 100% throughout the warranty period.

starsky

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 02:11:59 pm »
Thats good to hear. I went back through my literature on the tubs Ive tested or been interested in, The J-375, C-781, D-1 Aurora, Limelight Flair, and for me..keyword me...I think the Artesian Grand Bahama is the best value for me and the best fit. So I will be getting the Grand Bahama. Its a matter of ironing out the details with the dealer and getting it ordered.  

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 04:34:54 pm »
Congrats! You will enjoy it!  ;)
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

crystal777

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 10:05:42 pm »
Thats a great price for the Bahama. We just wet-tested an Artesian Antiqua. The base price was $7695. But then they nickel and dime you with all those extras....ozonator,lighting, stainless jets,cover lifter. It came to $8800. I told them everyone throws in the lifter so they took that off. Still it is $8600. I loved the spa, but I thought that was a bit pricey for that model. We also have our eye on the Sundance Hartford w/lights and stainless jets or the Sunrise Aquarian w/lights and stainless jets. Both these tubs are in the $7200 - $7500 range. So I'm thinking this Artesian Antigua is comparable to these and that the dealer should be able to come down on his price. What do you think? By the way, did you negotiate that price or was that the first offer?

crystal

starsky

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 12:00:22 am »
I didn't negotiate much. I started out by telling him my budget. I said I want the biggest bang for my buck and I have about 7,500 to spend. As we progressed through what they had, I mentioned I was considering some other tubs, which I was. I think he did a real good job keeping it down in my price range. I am really just looking for a fair price as I know the dealer/salesman needs to make a profit to keep open. From what I'm hearing on this forum the 8K for the Grand Bahama with ...2 pumps,plus  one 24 hr circulation pump, 52 jets, stainless, l.e.d. lighting, pillowfall, ozonator, nature 2 carrtridge, steps, lifter and delivery with start up chems, I really don't think I will bargain any. I THINK I recall him saying the Antigua would be 600 bucks cheaper.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 12:00:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42