What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator venturi question  (Read 3646 times)

benalexe

Ozonator venturi question
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:47:16 pm »
I notice that on the small jet where my bubbles come out from the ozonator, it seems to only really have bubbles when the pump is on high. I do not think this is correct.  Any thoughts or ideas?I wonder if that is why my water went bad.

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator venturi question
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:47:16 pm »

Trenden

Re: Ozonator venturi question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 03:54:02 pm »
You may want to try elevating the venturi if you can.  The higher it sits in relation to the water level the more vacuum it has.  If you can get it above the water level it will have maximum air suction.

cameron07

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 04:43:05 pm »
Just curious? If you move where it enters the spa to a higher point wont that lower the contact time and effectiveness of the ozone?

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 10:44:57 am »
You are not moving it to where it enters the tub, just the air line under the cabinet. It will still come out the same jet.

The way the venturi works is to enhance the contact time of the ozone to the water by a mixing of them rather than just bubbling in like the older systems.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

benalexe

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 07:59:37 am »
It still seems to be a problem.  When my pump 1 is on high I get the bubbles but when it is on low I do not get any bubbles. Any suggestions.

I am guessing I am not getting any ozone in the tub unless my tub is on high.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:22:51 am »
You won't get ozone in the tub on high because ozone is set up to shut off when you touch any of the buttons for safty. You are not suppose to breathe it.

It sounds as if the check valve is sticking still, or possibly in backwards or maybe a kink in the line somewhere. If this is the case it needs to be addressed so you do not burn up your new ozone chip. Personally I would run a whole new ozone line with new check valve to set if this works. Fairly easy to do.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

benalexe

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 05:25:32 pm »
Yeah maybe I will do that.  I could swear when I first put it in it was working fine.  Very frustrating

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 05:25:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42