What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is Jet Clean the same as Swirl Away or Spa Flush?  (Read 3935 times)

snoopydance

Is Jet Clean the same as Swirl Away or Spa Flush?
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:49:29 am »
MY ELECTRICIAN IS HERE AT THIS VERY MOMENT! I'm very psyched. The tub is filling, and I plan to dump a bottle of Jet Clean in it to get rid of anything that might be in it from the previous owner and from sitting in my driveway for a 3 weeks. Then I'm going to dump it and refill and possibly soak TONIGHT!!!!  

The instrux say to add it to warm water. Say WHAT? Do I really have to wait to heat up the tub of water that I'm gonna dump?

Is this product the same as Swirl Away or Spa Flush? Should I run out to a different supplier and grab a bottle of Swirl Away instead?

Also, this says some foaming may occur. Is that to be expected?

Hot Tub Forum

Is Jet Clean the same as Swirl Away or Spa Flush?
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:49:29 am »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Is Jet Clean the same as Swirl Away or Spa Flu
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 11:54:22 am »
They are basically the same and they work best in warm water. Its like trying to wash your dishes in cold water, the oils and gunk dont come off as well. It should also run through the system for a period of time, if the tub is older, I would say 24 hours. It may be worth the wait.

These products do cause foaming. The best thing to do is after you drain, rinse well with water, put the hose right into the filter and flush that water out too. Drain this off then use a shop vac to suck water out of the lines. Put the vac on the end of each jet and get as much of the water out as possible.

Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 01:55:53 pm »
If you have air controls, turn them off.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stevewhosau

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 10:58:47 pm »
Congrats snoopy! Hope you enjoy some good soaks.

snoopydance

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 11:22:23 pm »
Thanks, Trippn. I have a couple of glitches to work out -- when you buy used, you gotta expect that -- but I am very psyched. When I was a boater in my former life, we called it a "shake-down cruise." You get 'er running and then figure out what she needs.

In case anyone is reading this with interest in the Jet Clean, Hillbilly's advice to shop vac the jets was AWESOME. I don't yet understand the workings of hot tubs, so I was unprepared for how much (potentially foamy) water was still in the lines. I sucked it all out and my next refill: No Foam At All.

Yay!  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 11:22:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42