What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm So Confused  (Read 3279 times)

Vanguard

I'm So Confused
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:50:33 am »
Today I learned just how nice it is to be able to set my spa temperature and forget about everything else.

We're having a short vacation in Teton Village near Jackson Hole.  One of the two condos we have rented has a hot tub I've never heard of before.  The kids wanted to get in it, but the temp was set to 104.  I tried to turn down the temp but the control panel was so confusing I don't know what I was doing.  I had all kinds of lights and codes coming on the panel, but nothing to turn down the temp.  There was a temp increase button but no temp decrease button.

So, we retired to our condo that has a Hot Spring Prodigy, lowered the temp with the push of one button and we were good to go.

Love my Hot Spring.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

I'm So Confused
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:50:33 am »

kervis

• runnergirl
Re: I'm So Confused
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:25:44 am »
What a beautiful area you are in!  Enjoy your vacation!
2005 HS Vanguard

Summitman

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:13:42 am »
Today I learned just how nice it is to be able to set my spa temperature and forget about everything else.

We're having a short vacation in Teton Village near Jackson Hole.  One of the two condos we have rented has a hot tub I've never heard of before.  The kids wanted to get in it, but the temp was set to 104.  I tried to turn down the temp but the control panel was so confusing I don't know what I was doing.  I had all kinds of lights and codes coming on the panel, but nothing to turn down the temp.  There was a temp increase button but no temp decrease button.

So, we retired to our condo that has a Hot Spring Prodigy, lowered the temp with the push of one button and we were good to go.

Love my Hot Spring.

Oh those darn Hot Springs they are soooo wonderful!  

;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 12:30:34 pm »
Those Hotspring Spas sound AWESOME and so advanced!! Think I'm going to get me one today...  ;) I wish other spas could do that!  :'(  ;)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 02:13:21 pm »
Just guessing here, but I bet the tub is intentionally locked so condo visitors can't manipulate things...like the temperature, clean cycles...etc.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 04:03:09 pm »
First rule of hot tubbing,
1)You have to be smarter than the Hot Tub. ;D

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 05:43:45 pm »

Oh those darn Hot Springs they are soooo wonderful!  

;)

Yeah they are.  Why do you always feel the need to act the way you do when someone likes their Hot Spring?

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Summitman

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 05:48:41 pm »

Yeah they are.  Why do you always feel the need to act the way you do when someone likes their Hot Spring?

What do you mean?  I said they are wonderful!  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 06:07:32 pm »
I hope this thread isn't going to turn on us!!  :(
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 09:04:56 pm »
Two of my kids use to live in Jackson Hole. It is a nice place to visit.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Tailhooker

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 10:20:52 pm »
Just guessing here, but I bet the tub is intentionally locked so condo visitors can't manipulate things...like the temperature, clean cycles...etc.  ;)
104 deg might not be the best number to be locked into for a family rental condo.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 10:32:44 pm »
I agree, but I can't imagine that it could be that difficult to change the temperature unless it was intentionally locked or something.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 01:39:00 am »

Oh don't be so sensitive Van. The feature you are talking about is standard on every spa built since the late 80's purdy much!  ;) I was just teasing ya!

Summitman

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 10:26:10 am »

Oh don't be so sensitive Van. The feature you are talking about is standard on every spa built since the late 80's purdy much!  ;) I was just teasing ya!

Huh, I thought HS was the only brand that could do that.  Thats why said they were so wonderful!

Vanguard

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 01:01:05 pm »
The spa service guy came to perform the maintenance on the spa.  Even he couldn't figure out how to lower the temp.  So, it wasn't just me.

Jackson has been a great place.  We've really been enjoying it here.  Hiked in the Grand Tetons, rafted the Snake.  Then I went with my wife to shop; even trips like this have their low points.
 ;) ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 01:01:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42