What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What makes a good Dealer?  (Read 3190 times)

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
What makes a good Dealer?
« on: June 19, 2008, 12:48:43 pm »
Brand name is easy to figure out, so is comfort with a wet test but find a good dealer gets brought up so much, I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I know some of it is do they service the tubs they sell, what the response time is, what customers say (references) but what are the other characteristics like how many years do you think a dealer needs to be in business for?

Any others?
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

Hot Tub Forum

What makes a good Dealer?
« on: June 19, 2008, 12:48:43 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: What makes a good Dealer?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 03:48:01 pm »
That is simple, they just need to do what they say they are going to do.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 05:20:47 pm »
That is simple, they just need to do what they say they are going to do.
Yea if they say they are going to screw you, then make sure they do it right.

This is a hard one because you won't know if they do what they say until it's to late. I'm not picking on Gary but if you ask Fred and a few others on this forum, they thought they were dealing with good dealers until after the sale and then "poof the magic dragon".

I would ask previous buyers, check with the BBB. Look at their service or parts area and talk to a technician who works there. IMHO a short chat with a technician is much better than a long chat with a salesman. If they don't service what they sell then I would go talk to the service provider that will take care of the tub after the sale. Better yet talk to some other spa service providers and find out what they think of both the product and the dealer.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:47:04 pm »
Totally right on, Scott!!

I like the BBB as a resource, even if the dealer is not a member, they will have info.  Remember, it isn't always the complaints, but how the company handles it.  I wonder if Saved by Grace ever got his dealer issue resolved??

Ask around.  Word of mouth from a trusting person is better than a billboard.

Chrisi
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 05:51:27 pm »
One big sign (with hot tub dealers and others):

Do they listen to your needs, and find a way to serve them?

or

Do they try to push you into their needs?

Also, ask for references - I routinely provide them to any who ask or seem to want more reassurance.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 05:57:51 pm »
From what I've learned:

1) Make sure they have their own service techs.  My dealer subs out to independents that are way too busy dealing with other issues.  There was no sense of urgency to respond to me, I wasn't their customer.

2) Make sure they stock parts.  My delays and agravation could have been less if they would have stocked parts.

3) Get in writing their service call charges.  Luckily we did or I'd be out $150 in the first month of owning the tub.

Hope this helps.

In His Peace,
Fred

shortspark

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 07:05:09 am »
I found my dealer right here (Terminator).  When I was in the market for another tub I came here to read up on what was new.  I started to notice the posts of this guy "Terminator" and found out quickly he ran a Hot Springs dealership about 35 miles from me.  The dealer has been in business for 30 years.  

I kept reading his posts and also determined he drank Shiner Bock, posted pics of pretty girls sitting in his tubs and seemed to be quite a character overall.  I said that is the man for me.  I stop by and see him whenever I am in town and he is in real life as he is right here - NUTS!  But at least I have no more problems with worrying what dealer to do business with.  Every five years I'll buy a new hot tub and I know right where to go.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 12:45:08 pm »
I will only say this once because I don't want Terminator to get a big head.

Based on his customer service posts he is a great dealer who understands that it is easier to keep a customer than find a new one. Would you rather sell one tub or sell a lifetime of tubs to someone.

Jacuzzi Jim is my hero as well. He has spent hours on the phone helping with my purchasing decision and he was very helpful with all the brands not just Jacuzzi. He knew he would never sell me a tub but gave a lot of great advice and help along the way.

There is a great gathering of talent on this forum who will help you when you need it. You almost don't need a dealer with this bunch at your beck and call.

A great dealer will rise above the rest after the sale.

Scott  ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:45:55 pm by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 12:45:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42