What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: lets try a new approach  (Read 5240 times)

eagle

Re: lets try a new approach
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:11 am »
Well Well Well...........  The spa repair guy called and had the pump and wanted to install it.  Of course I said yes.  He work and worked to get the old pump out - it was bolted down with screws that certainly weren't what he called "factory installed."  And the pump wasn't under the tub in a "normal" way - kindof  shoved under there.  When he finally got it out the impeller was bad looking - just looked like it had been leaking.  What repair guy thinks is it leaking with great force when the pump ran - but it was under the tub so far back and shoved under there the water didn't have anywhere to go so it went under the tub which is why I didn't see anything.  Then....................... he realized the pump they'd sent wasn't the same size, same connections, or wired the same.  He made several calls - he knew he could do it he just wanted the company to know the differences.  He worked quite hard on this - he told me he was embarrased because usually he can do this in 30 - 45 minutes.  It took almost 3 hours and the guy never stopped working.  He got it in and started the water to flow to fill her up.  Repair guy left for me to fill it up.  After it was full I threw the breaker and it worked.  This pump is so quiet I can't even hear it running - the other one you'd hear in the house when it would cycle.  This is day 2 and the heater is running and we're holding water, so far.  I need to replace the jets today and first soak will be tonight under the stars with a big drink in my hand.  Thanks for the support here.  I'll check back in and report how it hold up.

But........just a thought.  Could it be possible that 3 years ago when I thought I purchased a new hot tub it was not new?  Or maybe refurbished?  Does that happen.  The major things that have all gone out on this one failed and when repaired just didn't look like they might have been new equiptment.  Maybe that's way the place I purchased it is closed.  Oh well, up and running as of this morning.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: lets try a new approach
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42