What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: lets try a new approach  (Read 5243 times)

eagle

lets try a new approach
« on: June 12, 2008, 07:23:26 pm »
I think I'm calling and donating my Hydropool leaking tub this weekend.  The only guy that works (using that term very very loosely) simply can't / won't return calls.  Now Hydropool is calling him to get him to my house and it isn't working.  So..........

If I were to go purchase a new tub what brands should I look for?  I know this is an opinion here, but obviously I need one that can have service / warranty work.  I have too have a lounger and neck jets - that is the most important.  And then there is the cost.  I don't want to spend a bunch of money - less than 10k, really more in the 8k area would be better.  Anyone?

Hot Tub Forum

lets try a new approach
« on: June 12, 2008, 07:23:26 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: lets try a new approach
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 07:35:06 pm »
I think I'm calling and donating my Hydropool leaking tub this weekend.  The only guy that works (using that term very very loosely) simply can't / won't return calls.  Now Hydropool is calling him to get him to my house and it isn't working.  So..........

If I were to go purchase a new tub what brands should I look for?  I know this is an opinion here, but obviously I need one that can have service / warranty work.  I have too have a lounger and neck jets - that is the most important.  And then there is the cost.  I don't want to spend a bunch of money - less than 10k, really more in the 8k area would be better.  Anyone?

As you've seen, having a local dealer for support is important. If I had your experience I'd want to stick with someone who has been in the biz for awhile and find a quality made product that has a history of being backed well by the manufacturer. There is no simple answer but I'd start by seeing which of these are local to your area.

http://www.arcticspas.com/index.php/en/custom_content/74/74/
http://www.calderaspas.com/Locator/index.html
http://www.dimensiononespas.com/findadealer.asp
http://www.hotspring.com/index_spas_hot_spring.html
http://www.jacuzzihottubs.com/dealer-locator/
http://www.marquisspas.com/locator.asp
http://retailer.sundancespas.com/Retailers/index.php
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:38:48 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 07:57:50 pm »
Yea what Spatech said.....
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 07:59:29 pm »
 All of the above are good choices, who is is your area??      

I think the reason you are being ignored by the tech is, he basically doesn't want to deal with it, and I would bet he has a lot of other work that pays better and or is easier to deal with.  Just a guess.   And if you don't want to deal with it on your own, then replacing it with something else may be a smart move.

I  Never met a tech that likes a leak.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:00:29 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

benalexe

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 09:06:04 pm »
How about a thermospas?   ;D

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:20:10 pm »
I just priced (in Maryland) a Jacuzzi 365 (no lounge) it I believe they said around 8500 and the Sundance Chelsea was 9600 delivered including tax and a ton of other things!!!!  I can honestly say now if I was buying new today I would go with Sundance mainly  because of how the dealer/salesman treated me.  He was absolutely wonderful and bent over backwards researching my used sale for me.  That type of service is so valuable.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 09:28:56 pm »
Look at an Artasian if a dealer is around you, they are a good spa too.

I don't know what they're running for but an Island series Grand Bahama in NJ was about $6500 in 2004 ... add another $1200 due to petroleum prices over the 4 years and it's about in range. The Bahama has a neck collar seat and a lounge. I have it's sister, the Grand Cayman and it really is a great tub.

But your case is a good example of why a dealer can be important - I say "can" because some dealers may suck after the sale.

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 10:19:58 pm »
Knowing the Dallas market fairly well, I can say that the best dealer in the market is SpaExpo in Plano and Coleman Backyards in Ft. Worth and Grapevine.  They are the same company.  Not really sure why they have two names.

Anyway, they've been around a long, long time.  They have their own service department and delivery team.  They sell all the chemicals you need.  They really take care of their customer.

Their website is:  http://www.colemanbackyards.com
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

eagle

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 11:33:53 pm »
Thanks ya all for the good information.  I'm going to be doing some reading tonight.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 12:59:19 am »
How about a thermospas?   ;D

He said $8K, not $12K...LOL
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

benalexe

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:20 am »
Actually I was thinking about that.  My manhattan deluxe 4 years ago was about 10K.   They have other models that are cheaper I think.  Thermospas also has a trade in program.  I wonder what they do with the ones they take in?  Maybe they sell used ones as well?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 08:30:32 am »
The Caldera Geneva has everything you are looking for (and more) . I'm not sure of the price though. I've heard anywhere from 8900-10500.

Good luck.

07 Caldera Geneva

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 11:10:33 am »
You can check clearwater spas also...we have had great luck with them. They have many models in the price range you are looking for with the features you want.

www.clearwaterspas.com
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

eagle

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 04:14:19 pm »
Unbelievable, totally unbelievable, to me at least.  I'd decided to trash this hot tub and start with a new one.  As I'm getting out of the car at the recommended store (thanks Vanguard) my cell rings.  It is the hot tub repair guy LEAVING my back yard!!!!!  He says "the pump is cracked in the wet end" not the motor.  The reason I'm not seeing the water leak out is because it only happens when the hot tub runs.  I don't understand that because its not run for over a month and half and still is loosing water.  He just keeps repeating the the "the pump is cracked" phrase.  He has contacted Hydropool and they are sending a new pump.  He told me to totally drain the tub and then when he installs the pump it should be good as new - if this is the only problem!

I simply can't understand how I can't see water and it still leaks and this is the fix.  Does this make sense to those of you who understand this?  I didn't go into the store after all.  What I'm now thinking is to get this darned thing fixed and try to sell it / trade it as a working tub for something else.  Do places do that?  Or a nice donation to someone maybe?  

Oh decisions decisions!!!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 04:27:37 pm »
  It makes sense, but it doesn't make sense how you managed not to catch it leaking or see any water around there?    Give him a shot at it!! If it works great keep it, if it doesn't put it on Craig's list and get rid of for a couple grand or less??

Or go to that dealer see if he's willing to give you a trade on it for a new spa, may surprise you, still probably do better with Craig's list as far as money in goes, but I would go talk to the guy and see what they say, couldn't hurt.

Let me add this as well, I wouldn't just go to one store unless its the only option??  Their are quite a few nice brands mentioned here to look at and some dealers may offer more for your spa than someone else.  You may also like one spa over another for whatever reason.

Go spend a day looking,see what you want and don't want.   And bring a suit to jump in a few.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:33:34 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 04:27:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42