What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa install question  (Read 12741 times)

rick_in_cleveland

Re: Spa install question
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 04:24:43 pm »
I have a Marquis Reward that has been on an EZ pad for 5 years with no problem.  When putting it down you need to use construction grade sand and not play sand.  We had the electrician set up the electrical and then put down the pad.  The spa slid right on with no problem.  There was a trick to putting up the pad so if you go that way let me know and I'll give you a few tips.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 04:24:43 pm »

MarKee

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 05:22:12 pm »
Congrats on the spa.  You'll love it.

If you don't want to do a conrete slab, I would reccomend getting an EZ PAD, or making an 8x8 square of pressure-treated 2x6 and then filling it in with crushed gravel.  

Your Epic has a sealed plastic bottom, so you don't have to worry about wood rotting or rodents getting in.  

spalader

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 08:55:50 pm »
Looks like we are going with the EZ Pad.  Our landscaper, recommended by the Marquis dealer, uses crushed gravel, compacts it and levels it.  The EZ pad then goes on top.  Rick, any tips are appreciated.

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 07:47:42 am »
I would contact the EZ pad folks.  The pad has to sit down into the surface just a little, like a golf ball in a sand trap.  It doesn't sit on top of it.  Crushed gravel thats compacted is almost a pseudo concrete surface.  The EZ pad folks say to use construction sand as its a little courser than play sand.  Put  1 1/2 inches of sand down and level it with a long STRAIGHT 2x4.   This will take a little time.  Then put the EZ pad together in part off the sand and place it on the sand making sure it doesn't change the levelness of the sand.  Slide your spa onto the pad and you are set

Good Luck

spalader

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 08:55:51 pm »
Thanks for the info on putting down the EZ Pad.  I will ask the landscaper about it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 08:55:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42