What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Experience w/ Zodiac Cense?  (Read 4482 times)

chelseapaws

Experience w/ Zodiac Cense?
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:59:36 pm »
Currently using N2 & chlorine (teaspoon post soak).  Curious if switching to Cense (MPS) would eliminate all chlorine maintenance?

Thanks!
Kevin

Hot Tub Forum

Experience w/ Zodiac Cense?
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:59:36 pm »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Experience w/ Zodiac Cense?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 01:23:49 pm »
Cense is a non chlorine shock with a scent added to it. Some people use non chlorine shock at each soak and dichlor weekly to utilize the low chlorine recipe (this is included in the box for N2.

There are pros and cons and different beleifs to this method. You have to be clean when you use the tub and the tub can not get real heavy use such as kids ect or it may cloud up. If it does, you can just use a dose of dichlor to clear it up. You still need chlorine at start up and at least weekly (depending on spa use)

Since cense is scented (boy is that a tounge twister!) you would apply it right befor you use the tub or you would not benifit from the aromatherapy. There have also been studies that using non chlorine shock before tub use is more benificial, but I dont remember the technical details.

I have quite a few customers that use this product and enjoy it. The only issues I have had is people on bromine want to use it at every soak and this causes the bromine reading to go sky high and irritae their skin and eyes.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

chelseapaws

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:55:51 pm »
I see - so the regimen would be -  A teaspoon or so of Cense prior to soak and only add dichlor once a week (super dose)?  Since I'm technically "shocking" prior to each soak, should I be concerned about chlorine levels at all during the week?

Thx,
K

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 02:45:42 pm »
I use MPS before each use (2 tablespoons) with a weekly DiChlor shock.  Since I got Cense free with my N2 cartridges I've tried it in place on MPS since Cense is simply scented MPS.  Everything is still fine but the fragrance was too strong so I've mixed it 50/50 with unscented MPS.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:49:07 pm »
I see - so the regimen would be -  A teaspoon or so of Cense prior to soak and only add dichlor once a week (super dose)?  Since I'm technically "shocking" prior to each soak, should I be concerned about chlorine levels at all during the week?

Thx,
K
How much cense you add depends on tub volume. Its 1 tablespoon of MPS(or cense) per 250 gallons, and 1.5 tablespoons of dichlor per 250 gallons.

The actual N2 recipe says to add MPS before use and then an addtional dose after use. I don't know of 2 many people that do both unless the tub is being used by several people, then they have to add dichlor also.

Do you still have the booklet that is in the N2 box? If you do, check out the low chlorine recipe.

If the spa is used heavy, I would add a dose of chlorine mid week too to be safe, but thats my opinion.
Nature 2 = sanitizer
di-chlor=sanitizer and oxidizer
MPS=oxidizer
ozone=oxidizer and very short term sanitizer(no risdual effect)

Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:49:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42