What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Here we go again...  (Read 5485 times)

Saved by Grace

Here we go again...
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:45:31 pm »
Most of you know how my tub didn't work right out of the box and it took almost a full week to get a new circuit board put in.  Well the J480 ran great for a couple of weeks and we love it.  

However, Memorial day morning while we were enjoying a soak our breaker popped.   :o :o  I turned it back on and now anytime we turn on pump 2 it trips the breaker.  I contacted the service rep yesterday and he is ordering a new pump and hopefully it will be repaired next week.

At least we can use the tub with pump 1 which powers our favorite seats. (always look at the bright side of life).

I figure by the time our five year warranty is up we'll have a whole new tub.  Actually if this keeps up we'll have a whole new tub in a year.  And maybe if the service guy actually stocked some parts we'd have a whole new tub in a couple months.

Trying to keep my sense of humor about this...and I don't think it's working.  :( :( :( :(

Salmon fishing is only a month away.  :) :) :) :)

In His Peace,
Fred

Hot Tub Forum

Here we go again...
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:45:31 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Here we go again...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:17:24 pm »
 Sorry for the trouble Fred, but like I said on the phone Monday things happen.   Sad thing is your service tech and store are pretty much a joke in my opinion.  I have hardly seen nor talked to my tech in a week and a half, nothing is breaking down which is a good thing.

Either way sorry for the trouble, wish I could help you.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 08:26:03 pm »
 Either way sorry for the trouble, wish I could help you.

Don't under estimate the help your encouragement is to me and others.

In His Peace,
Fred

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 09:13:14 pm »
sounds like you might have got a lemon
i hope it works out for you

benalexe

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:00:31 pm »
I am surprised it is not a thermospas   ;D

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 01:16:45 am »
Knock on wood, my J-470 has worked great from the get-go. The only minor problem is my foot jets have a mind of their own.

Fred, I hope your lemon problems come to an end very soon.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 02:48:13 pm »
Did your dealer come look at the tub, or have you look to see if the pump union might have loosened up a little? If it is dripping at all down into the motor, it will cause a trip, and sometimes unions will loosen a bit, specially on a new tub? Just a thought.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

104 degrees

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:39:30 pm »
Most of you know how my tub didn't work right out of the box and it took almost a full week to get a new circuit board put in.  Well the J480 ran great for a couple of weeks and we love it.  

However, Memorial day morning while we were enjoying a soak our breaker popped.   :o :o  I turned it back on and now anytime we turn on pump 2 it trips the breaker.  I contacted the service rep yesterday and he is ordering a new pump and hopefully it will be repaired next week.

At least we can use the tub with pump 1 which powers our favorite seats. (always look at the bright side of life).

I figure by the time our five year warranty is up we'll have a whole new tub.  Actually if this keeps up we'll have a whole new tub in a year.  And maybe if the service guy actually stocked some parts we'd have a whole new tub in a couple months.

Trying to keep my sense of humor about this...and I don't think it's working.  :( :( :( :(

Salmon fishing is only a month away.  :) :) :) :)

In His Peace,
Fred

God Bless Fred ;)

Saved by Grace

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 06:07:32 pm »
Did your dealer come look at the tub, or have you look to see if the pump union might have loosened up a little? If it is dripping at all down into the motor, it will cause a trip, and sometimes unions will loosen a bit, specially on a new tub? Just a thought.

My dealer could care less.  I haven't heard from them since the first morning after the delivery and the tub didn't work.  I sent out six letters on Tuesday; three to my dealer and three to Jacuzzi.  It was pure coincidence that my tub broke again the same day I was printing the letters and addressing the envelopes.  I was able to put in a P.S. letting them know I have another problem.

I just checked in the tub and everything (as far as I could see and feel) is bone dry.  Thanks for the thought...

The pump will hopefully get to the service tech next week and maybe I'll have it ready for next weekend.  My problem is that I'm an hour away from both my dealer and service tech.

At least we can still soak in our favorite half of the tub.  Although I must admit my heart isn't in it anymore and we've only been in it once since pump 2 went bad.

Thanks again,
Fred

Saved by Grace

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 06:08:57 pm »

God Bless Fred ;)

THANKS!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 06:15:27 pm »
 I have a pump in stock, I could get it out pretty quick!  Let me know.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 06:19:56 pm »
Can you bring it out and install it too???  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe you can be my dealer of record and do my service.....We'll take you salmon fishing. 8-) 8-) 8-)

After they fix it and something else goes wrong  :'( I'll call you to see if you have the part and tell my tech to just come and put it in.

Thanks Jim,
Fred

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 06:56:59 pm »
 I lived in Alaska for 12 years did a lot of fly fishing and halibut fishing as well.  My largest halibut was 260lbs.
 I miss Alaska, and love fishing.  But since moving to the land of a lot of people everywhere, I took up golf instead.
  I still fish now and then since I do live in the Pac NW, I just hate crowded river banks and I sold my boat.  :'(

Ya know what my wife says about that??   I told you so,you shouldn't have sold it. ::)

Saved by Grace

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 09:30:37 pm »
The pump is finally in and my tech will be here at 6:00 AM to install it.  We drained the tub this evening and I have my mom coming over in the morning to fill it when he is done putting the new pump in.  Then at lunch I'll put the filters back in and turn it on (at this point also cross my fingers) and it should be ready for our anniversary on Saturday. ;)

In His Peace,
Fred

Water Boy

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 10:25:00 pm »
The pump is finally in and my tech will be here at 6:00 AM to install it.  We drained the tub this evening and I have my mom coming over in the morning to fill it when he is done putting the new pump in.  Then at lunch I'll put the filters back in and turn it on (at this point also cross my fingers) and it should be ready for our anniversary on Saturday. ;)

In His Peace,
Fred

Did you say 6 am service call??? Now that is impressive!! Hope it works right for your anniversary! :)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 10:25:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42