What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ozone chip replacemen issue  (Read 2504 times)

benalexe

ozone chip replacemen issue
« on: June 04, 2008, 08:27:48 pm »
So I jsut got in the mail today my new ozone chip replacement.  I was anxious to have ozone in my tub so I went out to replace it. (i am so sick of taking the panels on and off of the tub). Anyway, I changed the chip made all of the connections fired it up and nothing! no purple light glow.

I called Del Ozone and after waiting on hold for about 30 min the tech support guy got on. I told him the problem and he said lt's likely that with a 4 year old tub the transformer in the ozonator is shot. He said that this is a common problem and that they have a replacement program.

for $49 Del's cost they will send me a brand new ozonator and I can just keep the other new chip as a backup.  I took him up on his offer.  

Just thought I would share.

Hot Tub Forum

ozone chip replacemen issue
« on: June 04, 2008, 08:27:48 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: ozone chip replacemen issue
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 10:59:00 am »
I have worked with Del on and off for close to twenty years. They have always been very good to deal with. Years and years ago I was the closest dealer who would talk to them, so they sent some engineers to my store to talk with me, photograph the HotSpring tubs, and sketch out a system which could be added to the product. Watkins did not support the use of ozone at the time. They sent me a couple to install on my display and home tubs. Beta tested them and started selling them before they were mainstream.

They are the ones who make the ozone unit for HotSpring Portable Spas, and now you can buy a similar unit for your own tub.

8-)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 11:02:49 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 05:54:34 pm »
Yeah I was very impressed with how they handeled this.  A little surprised at the fact that the power supply blew out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 05:54:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42