What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone use Brilliance for spas  (Read 9564 times)

Spatini

Anyone use Brilliance for spas
« on: June 02, 2008, 05:28:16 pm »
what are your thoughts on ease of use and waters feel and clarity
also do you use it with the Spa frog and /or an Ozanator, going to try to go with the Brilliance system when I change water in about 3 weeks. just wanting some info from users.

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone use Brilliance for spas
« on: June 02, 2008, 05:28:16 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Anyone use Brilliance for spas
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 02:29:09 am »
I don't even know how I got on Brilliance, but I have been using it for about a year now. I like it! I have only changed the water once since I started, I know I know... but it just works great.

I am about to change out to a new spa, and it will be hard to choose to go back to Dichlor or stick with Brilliance. I have gotten great results with both.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatini

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:28:05 am »
did you use a SPAFROG or an ozonator with the Brilliance,
I've read it doesnt smell and it actually makes the water feel better and is easier on your skin without the drying out of your skin,
any truth to the marketing??

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 12:58:56 pm »
We also sell and personally use Brillance. If you use it correctly, it does not have a smell and it does not dry out your skin like traditional bromine that has chlorine mixed with it. Brilliance adds mineral salts and vitamin e to many of their products. I have reel good luck also with be able to go longer without water changes (but not a year). I will push the 5-6 month point, water is still crystal clear but then I can start to smell a bit of bromine and the water starts to feel "thick" so I dump it.

I wouldnt waste the addtional money for the frog with this system. Try it without it, you can always add it later. I also use it with ozone as most of my customers that are on it do also. Ozone enhances it even more.

I like both Brillance and Nature 2 for the feel and smell of the water, but Brillance is much easier to keep clear and less labor intensive than N2
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Spatini

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 01:52:02 pm »
Thanks Hillbilly, I just ordered the whole Brilliance package of products, I will see how it works and write e review on the product after I have used it for a month or so.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 02:02:41 pm »
Is brilliance a bromine? If not what is it and what makes it unique?

Hillbilly Hot Tub

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 02:14:19 pm »
Brillance is a bromine, but unlike traditional bromine tablets, it has no chlorine. It is a chlorine free system. because of not having the added chlorine, it does not smell like water that uses bromine tablets. They also add mineral salts to their oxidizer and PH adjustors and vitamin e to the foam down and stain and scale. and Bioplex to their clarifier which helps your skin.

I only have to tend to my tub once per week, shock, stain and scale, sea klear and adjust PH/Alk if needed. My water is just shy of never cloudy (2 times in the last year after heavy use it got cloudy, I gave an extra dose of shock, and the next day it was clear) I will say I use the Sea Klear clarifier with this system instead of the one they offer. I love the Sea Klear stuff and its all natural plus makes filter cleaning a breeze.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hillbilly Hot Tub

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 02:18:39 pm »
Thanks Hillbilly, I just ordered the whole Brilliance package of products, I will see how it works and write e review on the product after I have used it for a month or so.

Good luck spatini. The only issue I have is that my PH tends to rise and ALK lower in my water, so I play the game of trying to get them to both be where they belong, but it is not a huge difference and I am anal about my tub. The PH rise may also be beause the tub has 5 pumps and 197 jets with ozone 24/7. We use the tub everynight and all the airation will cause the PH to rise too.

Where did you order from? Being a dealer I am curious to my internet compitition!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 08:38:37 pm »
Brillance is a bromine, but unlike traditional bromine tablets, it has no chlorine. It is a chlorine free system. because of not having the added chlorine, it does not smell like water that uses bromine tablets. They also add mineral salts to their oxidizer and PH adjustors and vitamin e to the foam down and stain and scale. and Bioplex to their clarifier which helps your skin.

I only have to tend to my tub once per week, shock, stain and scale, sea klear and adjust PH/Alk if needed. My water is just shy of never cloudy (2 times in the last year after heavy use it got cloudy, I gave an extra dose of shock, and the next day it was clear) I will say I use the Sea Klear clarifier with this system instead of the one they offer. I love the Sea Klear stuff and its all natural plus makes filter cleaning a breeze.

What about granular bromine from other makers is it still different ?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 11:02:18 pm »
I don't even know how I got on Brilliance, but I have been using it for about a year now. I like it! I have only changed the water once since I started, I know I know... but it just works great.

I am about to change out to a new spa, and it will be hard to choose to go back to Dichlor or stick with Brilliance. I have gotten great results with both.

8-)

Congrats on the new spa Chas. What model are you going with this time?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Spatini

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 11:04:13 pm »

Good luck spatini. The only issue I have is that my PH tends to rise and ALK lower in my water, so I play the game of trying to get them to both be where they belong, but it is not a huge difference and I am anal about my tub. The PH rise may also be beause the tub has 5 pumps and 197 jets with ozone 24/7. We use the tub everynight and all the airation will cause the PH to rise too.

Where did you order from? Being a dealer I am curious to my internet compitition!

Thanks again Hillbilly,
ordered from National http://www.nationaldiscountpoolsupplies.com/brforsp.html
sorry ,didnt know you were a dealer until after this post ,
man thats a lotta pumps and jets
I also have Ozone 24/7 in my tub , do you know if the Jacuzzi J-480 smart cartridge for bromine will hold the Brilliance chips or do I need to add a screen to keep them from falling out.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 10:30:20 am »
I have reel good luck also with being able to go longer without water changes (but not a year). I will push the 5-6 month point, water is still crystal clear but then I can start to smell a bit of bromine and the water starts to feel "thick" so I dump it.

I didn't go a year - I have changed it once during that year - I meant that I went about six or seven months, then did the one water change. I don't normally go that long...

8-)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 10:36:59 am »
Congrats on the new spa Chas. What model are you going with this time?

I don't know! I really like the look of the new Limelight series, and I might be able to live without the Moto Massage jet since they have so many cotton-pickin' jets. But I haven't gotten my floor model wet for a wet test yet. Once I do that, I'll figure it out. Daughter is going away to school after a summer in Central America, so it'll be just me. Wife doesn't get in all that often.

The guy who bought my (12 year old) Grandee called the other day. Slab is being poured in a day or two, yard is looking good - he's excited. I sold his parents an older Grandee about ten years ago - I think it is a 1989 or 1990 model - and it is still bubbling away just on the other side of our back fence. He called several months ago and asked if I could get him a deal like that - and I told him next time he was at his folk's house to look over the fence. He did, and now I need to get a new spa. This is the third time I have sold that same Grandee!

8-)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 10:44:16 am »

Granular bromine is hand-fed into the tub. You can't use a floating feeder. I am not sure - since I don't sell it and haven't had any experience with it - but there may be some with and without chlorine.

8-)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 10:46:39 am »

You need to read the ingreidients. Most Granular or one step brominating concentrate is a mix of bromine and chlorine

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 10:46:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42