What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which one do I choose?  (Read 13568 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Which one do I choose?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 08:18:45 am »
Amazing what I can see when I put my readers on!!!    

Between having too many cold ones and losing your eye glasses,  I'm suprised you can even get the computer turned on.   ;)

Stones 81 (did you see the stones in '81?)   they're both popular tubs, PErsonaly, I find myself gravatiating towards the Hotsprings, but wet test for yourself and decide.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:29:22 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 08:18:45 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 11:15:19 am »
Yes, and your point is?

It's not like he was suggesting bias 'er anything...  ;)

stones81

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 12:26:57 pm »
I didn't see the Stones in 81' but I did see them in 89',94',97', 02', 05', 06' and 07'

Does anyone know if HotSpring is the "#1 sales leader" in hottubs or if this is just a marketing ploy? Can you really "not find a more energy efficient spa?" or does that just mean that they are equal to their competitors?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 12:43:04 pm »
 As far as the #1 sales leader, thats always debatable.   As far as energy efficient, they are comparable to the other top spa's.   Like I mentioned before I doubt any consumer could tell the difference in everyday use.

In a environmentally controlled space who knows depends on a lot of things.  I am sure the hs boys will have something else to say as well.

Both Jacuzzi and Hot spring spa's are nice.  You set up a wet test yet?    Curious where you live?

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 12:43:15 pm »
I didn't see the Stones in 81' but I did see them in 89',94',97', 02', 05', 06' and 07'

Does anyone know if HotSpring is the "#1 sales leader" in hottubs or if this is just a marketing ploy? Can you really "not find a more energy efficient spa?" or does that just mean that they are equal to their competitors?

Who are you? You know this question is loaded and going to start some excitement. I for one are not biting on this one......
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 12:48:47 pm »
 Like I mentioned before I doubt any consumer could tell the difference in everyday use.

If the consumer was comparing a few of the best insulated ones then I'd agree. Otherwise there can be very noticeable difference. IMO you can say either Hot Spring or Jacuzzi will do well relative to energy efficiency but if you're also looking at say a Master I’d expect a big drop off in that regard.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 12:57:38 pm »
True!!  

stones81

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 01:01:44 pm »
NJ
A HS dealer told me that Jacuzzi's use more electricity. Probably a sales ploy...

BubbaGump

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 01:08:58 pm »

I will bite since I dont sell em.  I have been doing my homework on what tub to buy for the last few months.  Lurking and posting here.  I like Hot Spring and Jacuzzi, as well as a few others.  I have not heard anyone dispute that HotSpring is the #1 sales leader in the industry.  800,00+ units.  Jacuzzi has no reference to how many tubs they have sold on their site.

Energy Efficient.  Near and dear to my heart in the auto industry.  Lucky for me, I dont sell to people that worry about $4.00 per gallon for Gas.  In my research I have found several articles on the HotSpring Site that seem to confirm that they are very if not the most energy efficient.  It looks to be a well founded claim but I am sure that there may be others that can claim to be as efficient.

Either way, I would agree with many, wet test.....  WET TEST...

Pick what fits best for you.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 01:10:43 pm »
NJ
A HS dealer told me that Jacuzzi's use more electricity. Probably a sales ploy...

I'd say he truly believes what he is telling you but it will be argued both ways. There are brands out there where the difference would be very noticeable and other cases where there may be a difference but it is not major. As long as both are well insulated take it as a single consideration and don't make your decision based heavily on it alone.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:14:56 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 03:29:51 pm »
In my research I have found several articles on the HotSpring Site that seem to confirm that they are very if not the most energy efficient.  It looks to be a well founded claim but I am sure that there may be others that can claim to be as efficient.

LMFAO! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's funny stuff!

Show me a manufacturer that doesn't claim that! But hey... if they wrote it on their website, they must be the very bestest!  ;)

I would put hs up in the top 10 spas for sure and I'm not trying to beat them up, but rather seperate the marketing BS from fact. Everyone claims to be the best and this industry seems to overstate almost everything.

As Spatech said, the top brands are a safe bet and I wouldn't put too much emphesis on it as long as you're not buying some no-name brand or one with a poor reputation.

But see what happens when it's in print...it becomes the gospel!  :D

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 05:00:31 pm »
My Jacuzzi is so efficient that Nevada power is sending me a check for the hydro-power I am putting back into the grid.  ;D

Now just because I wrote it or said it dosen't make it so.

I remember when I was looking at the Artesians with 5 pumps, the salesman told me that they used much less electricity because the 5 motors were smaller and more efficient. You only needed to run the pump that was running the seat you were in.

The Hot Springs salesman told me that their tub was safer for women. The Coast salesman told me that his company was the only risk taker in the industry and the others followed the same old design. Some salesman give the spa business a bad name. Don't trust everything they tell you....

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Saved by Grace

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 07:35:12 pm »
My jacuzzi salesman told me that it had 100% filtration with no bypass....he also told me it would run when I plugged it in. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Fred

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 08:26:05 pm »

I will bite since I dont sell em.  I have been doing my homework on what tub to buy for the last few months.  Lurking and posting here.  I like Hot Spring and Jacuzzi, as well as a few others.  I have not heard anyone dispute that HotSpring is the #1 sales leader in the industry.  800,00+ units.  Jacuzzi has no reference to how many tubs they have sold on their site.

Energy Efficient.  Near and dear to my heart in the auto industry.  Lucky for me, I dont sell to people that worry about $4.00 per gallon for Gas.  In my research I have found several articles on the HotSpring Site that seem to confirm that they are very if not the most energy efficient.  It looks to be a well founded claim but I am sure that there may be others that can claim to be as efficient.

Here is the real deal. In this case with the 2 spas that are mentioned it may be fair to say that the HS will cost slightly less to run as it also may be fair to state that the Jacuzzi will have slightly better performance as their is a difference in the  HP of the pumps but in either case energy use or power output the difference will be slight. If you take ANY of the well made spas the cost to operate will always be close within a few dollars each month. A well made spa is a well made spa and there is no magic for one to be significantly less to operate than another well made spa. As spa tech mentions low end cheap spas will cost more again no magic.... they are cheap for a reason (they're cheaply made).

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 11:32:25 pm »
Good to see you old man!  ;) Long time no chat!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 11:32:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42