What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pics of Cedar planters I just built for my Spa  (Read 5347 times)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Pics of Cedar planters I just built for my Spa
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 02:39:25 pm »
That is absolutly beautiful! If you are not careful, you may get those of us in the spa industry hounding you to purchase these to resell ;) I love wood and all that you can do with it. I hate that so many spas are going to just sythetic cabinets. A synthetic cabinet would not have looked as nice in your pegoda!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 02:39:25 pm »

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 12:07:38 am »
Totally awsome job!!!

How do you access the pumps in the spa?
DOOHHH! I knew I forgot about something!  ;D JK  If you look right below the front pergola post you will see the line where the left and right steps split apart. So I just pull the steps out if I need to access the pumps. The post goes all the way to the decking (steps wrap around it).

NWD

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!  Job well done.  The Clematis will be beautiful in bloom!!  WHat variety did you get??  (So many varieties of Clematis...)

Chrisi
Don’t know for sure… I know they are red though.  My sweetheart is the gardener, I am just the laborer...
Very nice Northwoods. What happened to your spa model?
She is the Gardener. She didn't want to get her bikini soiled so she planted in the nude. I can post pictures if anyone is interested...

Nice oak leaf detail.  You buy one of those little Craftsman CNC mills?
Actually, try a $175,00 Komo CNC Router. But I have been wondering how those little Craftsman things would work.  They look neat. I would expect for small 3d carving they would work great. But they are very limited in size and capability.

That's what I was thinking! Amazing craftsmanship! Pretty good for your first attempt at woodwork!  ;D
Baby even the losers... get lucky sometimes.

Lars

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 10:35:38 am »
Actually, try a $175,00 Komo CNC Router. But I have been wondering how those little Craftsman things would work.  They look neat. I would expect for small 3d carving they would work great. But they are very limited in size and capability.

Well, you certainly threw enough tool at the job.  ;)

I think I'll go intarsia.

anne

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 10:54:42 am »
Beautiful work! I'm envious!! :)
Dance like nobody's watching

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 12:21:34 pm »

Well, you certainly threw enough tool at the job.  ;)

I think I'll go intarsia.
I like the idea and look of intarsia.  Just make sure you use wood species that can take the weather.

Steven~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 12:21:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42