What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pics of puppy viewing area...  (Read 9500 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Pics of puppy viewing area...
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 10:37:51 pm »
I want to breed bulldogs with shih tzus and call them bullshitz!!
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 10:37:51 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 11:05:48 pm »
"I want to breed bulldogs with shih tzus and call them bullshitz!"

LOL....funny!

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 09:40:18 am »
As time goes on I keep on hearing about different breeds of dogs that probably didn't exsist 10 years ago ... never heard of this breed, and my niece got a puggle, someone I know has a labradoodle and who knows what else will come up.

Back in the good old days if a pure bred champion dog was mated with a different breed of pure bred champion dog the result was a mutt or for the politically correct mixed breed.

Hey, I got a labrapossiblecockerspanielpossiblebodercollie breed.

Chas, my son thought of the Ewok too before I came upon your picture.

Just a little FYI on the Havanese breed...They are not one of the new "designer" breeds that have become so popular. They are full bred and recognized by the AKC as such.  The breed originally came from Cuba back in the 70's, and have a long reputation of being circus dogs.  They are related to the bichon frise and the maltese, however, they come in all different colors...not just white.   I have never seen a dog with such a cute little personality.  I think her goal in life is to make us laugh.   If anyone is thinking about getting a small house dog, be sure to check this breed out.   She is definitely part of the family, and there are times I have to remind myself she IS A DOG!!   :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:50:10 am by rnblase »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 10:44:25 am »
hey term someone told me you do not need a permit
anymore to carry a hand gun in Texas?

do you know if that is in fact true?

......but some guy at work said some
new law allows you to carry a pistol now without the permit?

Your co-worker is not fully informed of the 2007 change in the handgun code.  If you want to carry full-time, you have to complete the CHL course like I did.

The change in the law is that you CAN legally carry a concealed handgun in your vehicle.  This is a clarification of the long-standing and legally ambiguous "travelling" statute which was left open to wide ranging interpretation.

In other words, you can take your .45 to work with you every day and carry it to and from your vehicle (always concealed).  You can keep it at your place of business (as long as it is not in violation of company policy ;)).

What the law does NOT allow is for you to go strapped at the mall, Piggly Wiggly, the park, etc.  This right is reserved for CHL holders.

Go get yore CHL.  It's some of the best money I ever spent!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

anne

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 10:50:53 am »

If anyone is thinking about getting a small house dog, be sure to check this breed out.  

Well, as long as stealing threads and being totally OT has already been established here, I'll do my part to continue the trend:

If you are considering a small house dog, visit the SPCA or shelter first!  ;)
Dance like nobody's watching

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 11:21:29 am »

Well, as long as stealing threads and being totally OT has already been established here, I'll do my part to continue the trend:

Believe it or not, you can find the Havanese breed at petfinder.com.  A lot of people have just not heard of the breed to check it out, especially here in the midwest...

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 11:26:33 am »
"Go get yore CHL.  It's some of the best money I ever spent!"

Thanks for the clarification Term.

I mainly would just want it in my car and at my house
I don't really want to take a gun into Macys.
But I am sure it's best to take the course.

Hell it's saved my brother lots of money.
Every time he gets pulled over by a Texas trooper
they start talking about the gun and the troopers
always just give him a "warning" instead of a speeding ticket.

Vanguard

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 11:38:00 am »
"Go get yore CHL.  It's some of the best money I ever spent!"

Thanks for the clarification Term.

I mainly would just want it in my car and at my house
I don't really want to take a gun into Macys.
But I am sure it's best to take the course.

Hell it's saved my brother lots of money.
Every time he gets pulled over by a Texas trooper
they start talking about the gun and the troopers
always just give him a "warning" instead of a speeding ticket.

That would be worth it right there.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

anne

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 03:53:39 pm »

Believe it or not, you can find the Havanese breed at petfinder.com.  A lot of people have just not heard of the breed to check it out, especially here in the midwest...

That was not really the point I was trying to make.  ;)
Dance like nobody's watching

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 05:10:59 pm »

Just a little FYI on the Havanese breed...They are not one of the new "designer" breeds that have become so popular. They are full bred and recognized by the AKC as such.  The breed originally came from Cuba back in the 70's, and have a long reputation of being circus dogs.  They are related to the bichon frise and the maltese, however, they come in all different colors...not just white.   I have never seen a dog with such a cute little personality.  I think her goal in life is to make us laugh.   If anyone is thinking about getting a small house dog, be sure to check this breed out.   She is definitely part of the family, and there are times I have to remind myself she IS A DOG!!   :)

Renee,

I know the name Bichon but not the name you gave it. I've heard a lot of nice things about them vs other tiny dogs.

Unfortunately as far as I am concerned a lot of dogs fall under the "designer" label even big dogs and some of the people with little dogs tend to forget that they are dogs and not puppets to carry around ... after all they do have legs. People with big dogs may not carry them around but dang if they don't have the "best" breed.

But with that said, it's not the dog's fault but the owners.

Yes, most of us treat our pets as humans and we forget that they only know key words and tones. It's great that your family found a furry friend.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 05:12:18 pm »

If I ever get another dog ... rescue is the only way I want to go! One of the best dogs I ever had!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 06:13:47 pm »
I use to have the biggest weiner in town. He loved to just lay there and be petted. He was my best friend for 15 years. He was 35 lbs when he died of old age and I can't bring myself to get another one. After you get a great dog it is like cheating on him to replace him. My wife misses him too but does not want another dog, so I think I'm done.

Scott  :(
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 06:24:51 pm »

Another subject close to my heart, I'm with you also Anne.

We have 3 dogs. One was a Pug puppy that someone paid $$ for and didn't want weeks later that we got at a Pug rescue. The second is a Pug that a neighbor got after seeing ours. After 6 months of the dog being in a cage while they were at work and in a cage at night and only having a couple hours of freedom they then got bored with her and over she came (we considered it a rescue). I forget what it cost them but we gladly took her off their hands. My wife was wanting another but I was like "please don't" so she just bided her time and checked with the rescue place every few weeks. Then she couldn't resist when they found a Vizsla. The breed is extremely beautiful, not very common and very expensive. She was wandering the streets and was only about 6 months old. Of course she didn't even ask me what I thought because she knew it would be gone quickly and this was a keeper that I couldn't resist either. The gentlest most beautiful dog we've ever had. A couple freiends of mine love here when they stop over for poker and always kid that they'll take her (the kind of dog that appeals to the girly and the manly sides).

I will NEVER buy a dog due to the multitude of dogs that are put to sleep because of neglect/overpopulation AND the way so many puppy farms work. My wife saw a show (I think it was dOprah) where many puppy mills are in Amish country and how they treat the animals.

"The worst puppy mills, according to Williams and Humane Society investigators, pen up young females and force them to mate from their first day in heat.

That means churning out litters twice a year, maybe for up to seven years, and often with some unhealthy results, said Bob Reder, who conducted undercover puppy mill probes for the Humane Society throughout the 1990s."

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20051127&slug=puppies27

Now I'm sure there are many (and hopefully the majority) of puppy mills that treat the animals humanely but many treat them like ATMs and there are still already more dogs out there than are needed so I'll do my part to help by always having a rescue pet and having it spayed/neutered.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 06:42:38 pm »
For the 12 years I was a City Councilman in my last city, I was over animal control because nobody wanted the responsibility. Over the 12 years I never put down a non-violent dog. I worked with rescue groups and found homes for each one of them. Most of the dogs were black lab mixes. Anyway after I left I suspect things changed quickly as the number of strays in huge.

Scott  :(
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 10:31:25 pm »
Lab (mixed) is one of my favorite breeds. I had a lab/Pit bull mix who was a great pet and had lots of character. Actually, Casper was all white with a thin coat. Loved hot water. I gave him a "bath" every time I changed the water in my spa. I had a plastic tub large enough for him to sit in. I would siphon the water from the tub into Casper's 'hot tub' and he would come running. He would step in, walk in a circle or two, and sit down. Then he would lean against the side of the tub, and let out a huge contented sigh - as if I should start changing water more often!!

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 10:31:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42