What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-480  Jacuzzi Jim ?  (Read 14835 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-480  Jacuzzi Jim ?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 01:23:24 pm »
 I think stereo's are way over priced in spas and I very rarely sell them with a spa, not to mention most only come with a 2 year warranty, we replace maybe 1 a year if that,

If I do sell a spa with a stereo its usually a throw in, or split the price type deal on an in stock model.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 01:23:24 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 08:57:21 pm »
Spatini--

GO with where your heart wants you to go and get spa you want.  How about throwing this in the mix--ask your Artesian dealer if you can take the Piper for $10,500 or you;ll go with the Jacuzzi.  

See what happens then, since, he would be keeping a customer---

Good luck with your decision.  Eenie meenie miney moe.... ;D ;D ;D

Chrisi
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Spatini

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 11:39:47 pm »
Chrisi,
 the Artesian dealer called today and said the piper or dove canyon would actually cost me 11500 with no stereo or 12500 with the stereo , I said thanks but no thanks, so it looks like monday I will call and make the deal on the Jacuzzi j-480 , as i have done extensive research and wet testing on both , it really boiled down to $$$ , I know I will be extremely happy with the Jacuzzi.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 12:13:35 am »
I'm sorry ya'll...this is the craziest pricing scheme I have EVER seen!  Let me see if I've got this right:

Fred is told by Jacuzzi customer service that the J480 MSRP is $17,270 w/stereo...
He is told that MSRP without stereo is $15,140...
Some dealers are offering a $2000 discount...Fred's dealer isn't offering the discount...
Fred's dealer tells him the price is $11,300 without stereo...
Fred says that ain't good enough...
Then Fred's dealer immediately drops the price to $10,800... :-?
Fred offers $10,000 and they can take it or leave it...
Fred's dealer counters with $10,100.... ;D
Fred starts to leave....
Fred's dealer says $10,000 is OK.... ::)
Spatini can get the SAME spa fully loaded with stereo for $9680...
Spatini wonders if the dealer will take $2000 off if he buys before April 6...
Jacuzzi Jim says if he did, it would barely be above cost (let's just say $7000 is "cost" to be fair)....
Spatini's dealer is not even aware of the $2000 discount..... ;D ;D ;D

So, we've gone from $17,270 which is what the spa is "worth" to $9680 which is a great price for Spatini.  If Spatini does not get the $1,860 stereo, the spa should cost $7,820 if everyone's being honest.

Now, assuming everyone is telling the truth, Spatini's dealer would only be making $820 on this deal (and that's without figuring in cover lifters, steps, etc).  That dealer will not be in business long selling them at that rate.

Usually, I'm the one on here posting silly things to entertain folks, but I have to admit that this whole saga has made me chuckle quite a bit.

I seriously do wish you all well and many years of enjoyment with your spas.  It's my opinion that ya'll have had to deal with some slick salespeople and have much more patience and forbearance than I do when I shop, so I tip my cap to all of you! :D

Terminator
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:39:06 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Saved by Grace

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 08:33:25 am »
ETS.  I've never been to Texas so I'm not sure how deals are made there.  Where I live it's always been up to the customer to negotiate the best price one can.  When I walk in a store I figure the dealer is going to try to get as much as they can for a product.  (nothing at all dishonest about that)  Then a person makes an offer, hopefully after doing their homework (nothing dishonest about that)  The dealer than can accept it, decline it or counter it (nothing dishonest about that).  And so on....  The dealer I purchased this from is in by no means slick, they bargained in good faith and were very helpful.

I can see where this could be very amusing to those reading it.  But for us, we ended getting what we believe to be a better tub (better for us) than the Grandee for $550 more.  So this thread helped us a great deal get in the tub we desired at a fair price.  And we had a blast doing it.

In His Peace,
Fred

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 04:20:05 pm »
I'm glad you had fun and I'm glad you found the right tub for you.  You went about it the right way and negotiated what you thought was a fair price.  It sounds like Spatini has negotiated an even better deal...significantly better with very little effort.  Again, that is great for him and I'm not knocking either one of you for getting the best deal you can.

I certainly feel sorry for someone who is not as savvy as you and simply walks in and pays the dealer's original price!  I could not live with myself if I were to treat customers so unequally, but that just goes back to a matter of personal ethics and something we do not do.  The dealer will obviously make up the money he lost off of someone less diligent.

It smacks of chicanery to me any way you slice it.  There is no way I'd do business with someone who treated me that way, but to each his own.

Again, congratulations and enjoy your purchase. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Saved by Grace

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 06:29:11 pm »
Interesting how the free market of buy low sell high has become unethical.  I'm curious if you buy cars this way (pay the first price the dealer throws at you).  I know some people do and I know some dealerships operate that way.  I believe Saturn sells that way.  I don't shop at those types of dealerships.  For me it's worth a little time and research to be sure I'm getting what I believe to be a fair price.  In that sense I do not expect to be treated equally with the person that didn't put the time in effort to become educated on the purchase.  If this is unethical, then guilty as charged.

I'm sure your customers appreciate the fact that you sell to everyone at exactly the same price with exactly the same options, lift and stairs.  Around here you might have a quite a few walk away if you don't negotiate somewhat.  It's the way most major purchases are made around here.  Ask Spiderman.

Thanks for the input,
Fred

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 07:11:11 pm »
What Term is remarking on is the MSRP on the 480 is claimed to be $15,140 but, with shrewd negociating you can get it for less than $10,000.

The perception out there is with the confusing info on the Jacuzzi site you have dealers dropping $5000 and reasonably expected to drop another $2000, allowing the price to be as low as the high 7's.

this is beyond reasonable negociating... ;D ;D :D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 07:34:03 pm »
I would agree that it was all a bit confusing and I'll even give you unreasonable.  For me though, I/we had fun.  We enjoyed learning, testing and meeting new people.  With all the confusion did we come out on the short end of the stick?  Perhaps but I don't think so.  Did the dealer make money?  Yes and I'm glad he did.  Because to me that is what deal making is all about.  Me getting a price I am comfortable with and the dealer making money so he keep his doors open.  That's what I shoot for.

Thanks,
Fred

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2008, 07:40:36 pm »
What Term is remarking on is the MSRP on the 480 is claimed to be $15,140 but, with shrewd negociating you can get it for less than $10,000.

The perception out there is with the confusing info on the Jacuzzi site you have dealers dropping $5000 and reasonably expected to drop another $2000, allowing the price to be as low as the high 7's.

this is beyond reasonable negociating... ;D ;D :D

Whenever I hear the term MSRP my brain goes into a 10 second delay to avoid even hearing the number thrown out there. They could have said "$151,000" or even "40,000 bananas" on that MSRP for that spa and then countered with "but we're discounting it to 10,000". It would have had the same meaning.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 08:45:21 pm »

Whenever I hear the term MSRP my brain goes into a 10 second delay to avoid even hearing the number thrown out there. They could have said "$151,000" or even "40,000 bananas" on that MSRP for that spa and then countered with "but we're discounting it to 10,000". It would have had the same meaning.
Let's see have I ever heard that? Oh yea every dealer I walk into is having a sale of like $5K off MRSP. So I'm glad there is such bargains out there.  ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o

Scott
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 09:50:40 pm »
CONGRATS FRED!!

If I ever get in trouble with the law, will you be my lawyer!! ???;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey, how would you know if you never ask!!?????

It sounds like you have a dealer willing to do what will make a customer happy, and a happy customer is a repeat customer.  It's like that old shampoo commercial, "and she told two friends, and theey'll tell two friends"...  Get it??

Spatini--congrats on the future purchase.  Seems you'll be well cared for, as well, by your dealer.  And then what will happen--you'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two frineds,.... ;D ;D :D ;)

Hoping to buy soon as well--waiting for the spas!!

Chrisi
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:53:03 pm by wewannahottub »

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 12:38:36 am »
It smacks of chicanery to me any way you slice it.  There is no way I'd do business with someone who treated me that way, but to each his own.

Terminator

I'm with you, Term.  I walk into any dealership (car, tub, etc.) and say 'I know what price I'll buy at, but I'm not telling you.  You have one chance to give me the lowest price you can sell it for.  If it's a fair price, I'll buy.  If not, I'm walking."  You'd be surprised how many salesmen will still come in high and then chase me to the door when I walk out.  But as you said, at that point, I know I don't want to deal with them.  I'm not taking away the salesman's profit.  I know baby needs a new pair of shoes.  But I'm not paying for her college education at the same time!   :P
Mike

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 12:41:17 am »
And Chrisi, if you get in trouble, I'll be your lawyer!
I've always tried to help nurses -- goes back to my cop days!
 ;D ;D ;D
Mike

wewannahottub

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 07:51:06 am »
And Chrisi, if you get in trouble, I'll be your lawyer!
I've always tried to help nurses -- goes back to my cop days!
 ;D ;D ;D

IP--

Thanks!!!  I don't plan on getting in trouble, just to reassure everyone!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chrisi

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 07:51:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42