What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Photos of the free tub I am getting  (Read 6108 times)

benalexe

Photos of the free tub I am getting
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:48:43 am »
Hi Everyone,

So I went to my brothers home yesterday and took photos of the hot tub.  It was pretty nasty when I opened it up.  I filled it with water and the tub seems to be working.   The jets worked except for one small bank. (More on that in another post.)  Besides being gross,  I think once cleaned up it will be great.  The mover is coming on May 23.
Here are some photos.  

first one is of it closed. Do you think I will need a new cover?

Hot Tub Forum

Photos of the free tub I am getting
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:48:43 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Photos of the free tub I am getting
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:29:11 pm »
Congrats benalexe. I sure wish I had a rich brother.......

Take some after pics for us when you have it all cleaned up.   :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:30:00 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:56:02 pm »
benalexe....

did you already tell us why your brother is getting rid of his tub?

btw...it looks pretty nice and is the right price.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:56:39 pm by Zep »

benalexe

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:47:32 pm »
He is very wealthy and decided he wants a new one on top of his deck not below.   He also never used this.  When I say never I think since he got it in Sept 2003 he used it 4 times.

Any advice on the cleanup?

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 09:29:01 pm »
benalexe--

Once it is up and running--will you change your forum name to Bene and the Jets!!! ;D ;D ;D
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Brothersean

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 01:02:49 pm »
That's freaking hilarious WWHT!!!!

104 jets...............WH%????????

Sean

benalexe

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 06:30:58 am »
104 jets 3 pumps and a blower

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 10:38:14 am »
Scrub it out with a wet rag first. That will take out dirt and organic matter. There is no need to resort to abrasives unless you have to - and then you will dull the surface and have to buff it to get the shine back. Open the drain and wait for all the dirty water to drain out - flush with fresh water a time or two.

I just picked up a Sundance spa in a real nice solid blue color - I will be buffing out the many scratches that the PO kids put in the bottom of it - but I just washed it down with a rag and a garden hose and it came clean. It looked worse than your yours when I got it.

Couple shots of Critra Brite or MultiPurpose cleaner to take off grease or oil - if you use dish soap you have to flush it out completely or you get suds suds suds.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 09:28:13 pm »
Having just powerwashed my house and hung new shutters (not lying==hubby did most of the hanging and upper washing--I am chicken sh*t) I found the BEST cleaner is LA's totally AWESOME which cost me a whoppin' $1 per bottle at my local dollar store.  It is CONCENTRATED and can be sudsy, but boy, straight on anything it really cleaned!!  (it is yellow concentrate in a clear bottle.)  THe $20 bottle of Zep (no relation to local forum member Zep) did nowhere NEAR the job this cheap cr*p did!!  For 2 bucks, I picked up a 64 oz bottle to of refill.  It may require quite a rinse, but it really got the gunk off!!!

Good luck--Bene and the Jets!! ;D ;D

Glad you thought it was funny Brothersean!!! ::)

WWHT ;)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

benalexe

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 09:32:28 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  I ended up calling thermospas and purcahsed their chemicals.  I figured what the heck, I am not paying anything  for the tub.

I am surprised this thing has 3 PUMPS and a separate blower. That seems like a lot.

Bennie and the Jets!!!! I love it.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 09:56:36 am »
Hi Ben,

I would also replace the filters with new ones.

I would use a swirl away product to really clean out the plumbing and kill any bacteria that may have grown.  

Good luck.
07 Caldera Geneva

benalexe

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 10:12:37 pm »
Spa coming tomorrow. Ground all prepped. See photo below.  Hopefully it will survive the long trip from NJ to Long Island.  I had the landscaper take away the grass and put a bed of smoothe sand down. The delivery guy is bringing me a spa pad. I am spending the night out on Fri but Sat afternoon and Sunday I plan on scrubbing the tub out cleanign it polishing it and waiting for electric.  Once the electric is hooked up, will fill, flush the lines empty, then fill again. and I am good to go. Anyway here is the photo.  I will take more tomorrow.

Calypso

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 10:24:31 pm »
Spa coming tomorrow. Ground all prepped. See photo below.  Hopefully it will survive the long trip from NJ to Long Island.  I had the landscaper take away the grass and put a bed of smoothe sand down. The delivery guy is bringing me a spa pad.

Even with the spa pad it would be worthwhile to compact that sand and then check that it is level by putting a straight 2 by 4 on edge and checking the level in both directions. You can rent a small plate tamper or "jumping jack" from your local rental store. the sand in the picture appears to be loose and will definately settle, possibly unevenly with the 4 to 5 thousand  pound weight of your spa water filled.

Post the pictures of your free, I am envious  :( , spa when it it all set up.
2007 Pacific Calypso

benalexe

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 10:28:03 pm »
Thanks Claypsp.

Maybe I am totally rolling the dice here and I may live to regret it but the guy who is doing the delivery is the thermospas delivery guy in my area.  He said this is done all of the time and the sand will act as a self leveler.  The tub is coming tomorrow so it may be too late.   hopefully it will be okay.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 06:44:38 am »
could we get the name and number from your brother.
I will take the next one.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 06:44:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42