What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: arctic v. sundance v. ?  (Read 5485 times)

whatspa

arctic v. sundance v. ?
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:06:21 am »
which to buy...
before wet testing, thought we wanted HS Envoy.
Now going to test Arctic Klondiker - liked Summit alot, but want lounge.
Also may look at Sundance Cameo.
Looking for well made, w/lounge, <$10K
Any other sugestions?
Comments from Arctic owners?
never thought this would be so hard!

Hot Tub Forum

arctic v. sundance v. ?
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:06:21 am »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: arctic v. sundance v. ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:47:47 am »
Whatspa--

Have fun in your testing!!  

So far for us, we really liked Jacuzzi  j470 and we are waiting to test the Tundra.  We have not looked at HotSpring spas, but we are really interested in just the above 2 after wet testing many.  We dry tested the Sundance series, including the Optima which we really liked, but sitting in it dry was too squishy for my tall and broad shouldered hubby.  

My personal fave is Arctic since you don't lose power in any of the seats (with the three pumps, Legend series) and I really like the therapy air on the Leg. Extremes and SE's.  I can't wait to sit in the TUndra!!   We did test the Klondiker and even I didn't float out of the lounger, and my friend has a Kodiak LE and her tub is nice too!!

The best advice I have and probably everyone else on the forum is to wet test.  It is unbelievable the difference between a dry and wet test!!! ::)

WWHT :)

BTW, forgot to mention, the importance of feeling comfortable with your dealer, that you are not getting BS'd and discuss after-sale care.  Check out your BBB as well for company info.  

Aside--my friend with the Kodiak Legend Extreme, after working out a deal here in PA, paid about 10k that included cover/lifter/chems/wrap around steps/ and even had them throw in a Bar that attaches to the spa!!  No stereo, though, so it depends on what add-ons you want.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 09:51:43 am by wewannahottub »
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

anne

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 01:14:32 pm »
I have a summit legend extreme. I went into the purchase/search wanting a lounger, but found none that my BF and I both liked, and the roomy reclined seats of the summit were a fine alternative, though I still wish there was a perfect lounger out there for me. The HS Envoy was a VERY close second, and the D1 chairman was a slightly more distant third. Keep wet testing!  
Dance like nobody's watching

whatspa

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 05:59:40 pm »
I bought a Summit Legend Extreme yesterday!
w/cover/lifter/onzen/start chems/basic steps/flex cabinet & forever floor. No iPod input or fancy lights.

wewannahottub-
tested Klondiker - I didn't love smaller lounge - so no reason to get.
didn't test Kodiak or Tundra - would have meant 2x more to store (will fill any, but takes 24 hr to change) husband liked Summit & was tired of testing- just wants tub - even gave up lounge!  Hope I made good choice. Have you choosen yet?
How long has friend w/ Kodiak had it? any idea affect on her electric use?

anne -
our search was same as yours - subbing D1 with Sundance, almost bought HS Envoy w/o wet test and also gave up on lounger!
How long have you had yours? What has been affect on electric use?

Now I have to call electrician, decide what to put it on & prepare the ground...!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 06:23:34 pm »
Congrats on the spa!!!!!   ;)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:00:54 pm »
Congrats, those Arctic tubs are really nice.

If I was going to be a tub dealer I would like to carry Jacuzzi, Arctic, and Bullfrog. But then I would probally go broke carring so many brands.

Enjoy the hot water.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 08:13:37 pm »
Whatspa,

Great choice!!!!  I would like to look at a Summit, too, but hubby prefers no "bench" style seat.  My friend has had her Kodiak since about Sept 07, I think, but I will have to ask her about how much $$ per month more it has cost.  Our dealer is getting a Tundra soon on the next truck, so hopefully we will wet test and buy.  At this point, I am OK to wait, since it is getting warmer out and we'll use our pool and I won't have to pay for it yet!!  SOunds like you have a great dealer, too.  

Scott, sounds like if/when you open up your store, I'd want to look and buy there!!  

Congrats on your new, oversized hot water heater!!!!  COunt me in as jealous!! ;)

Chrisi

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 08:22:04 pm »
Congrats on the new hot tub.  The waiting is the hardest part.

Chrisi,

Seems like you have been waiting forever for dealers to bring in spas for you to wet test.  What takes them so long?  :-?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wewannahottub

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:28:12 pm »
Well, of course the EXACT tub we want is never what is available, esp colors, options,... so the Arctic dealer has ordered the Dyansty in colors we liked, we wet tested, and were greatly dissapointed, and thus the quest for the Tundra has commenced.  It did take long, to even get the Dyansty in, with the Gas prices being what they are, they had to "share" a truck to make a full load and worth the trip.  It is funny, we have been members since early this year, and I will be soon an 'ultimate' member with posts by the time I actually buy!! ::) ::) ;D

Kidding aside, I have alot of stuff going on and wouldn't have much time for a tub at present.  And then, I keep looking at my badly needed kitchen makeover....but I can't relax in the kitchen!! ;D ;)

You all know me, I'll post like mad when I get a tub!!

Chrisi ;)

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 10:24:11 pm »
I bought a Summit Legend Extreme yesterday!
w/cover/lifter/onzen/start chems/basic steps/flex cabinet & forever floor. No iPod input or fancy lights.

wewannahottub-
tested Klondiker - I didn't love smaller lounge - so no reason to get.
didn't test Kodiak or Tundra - would have meant 2x more to store (will fill any, but takes 24 hr to change) husband liked Summit & was tired of testing- just wants tub - even gave up lounge!  Hope I made good choice. Have you choosen yet?
How long has friend w/ Kodiak had it? any idea affect on her electric use?

anne -
our search was same as yours - subbing D1 with Sundance, almost bought HS Envoy w/o wet test and also gave up on lounger!
How long have you had yours? What has been affect on electric use?

Now I have to call electrician, decide what to put it on & prepare the ground...!

Congrats on your new spa, Whatspa. Your going to love your new Arctic Summit. Be sure to include pics when you get it.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

wewannahottub

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 10:05:25 pm »
Whatspa--talked to my friend today with the Kodiak, and her electric bill hasn't changed much, but she also did recently get new high efficiency washer/dryer that cut her drying time in 1/3.  I didn't get a dollar figure, though, and this is all in the SW PA area.

104 degrees

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »
which to buy...
before wet testing, thought we wanted HS Envoy.
Now going to test Arctic Klondiker - liked Summit alot, but want lounge.
Also may look at Sundance Cameo.
Looking for well made, w/lounge, <$10K
Any other sugestions?
Comments from Arctic owners?
never thought this would be so hard!

Sundance will stand behind there spa. Will arctic??? do a search

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 05:01:39 pm »

Somehow when scrolling down, I knew your post would be a one line generalization, sarcastic and negative. I was right!  :) How about that...you've become predictable 104! ;D

Arctic is an AWESOME company that stands behind what they sell. I'm not saying this a company guy but rather someone who sold against them for a great many years!

Oh...and THERE spas should be THEIR spas.... just trying to help your credibility a bit!  ;)

Water Boy

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 05:09:46 pm »

Sounds great 104. You clearly have something against Arctic Spas. All you have to do is a quick search of your previous posts to see that every time the word Arctic is brought up you chime in with some snide BS remarks.

Arctic Spas stand behind their products 100%!!!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Summitman

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 05:17:02 pm »

Somehow when scrolling down, I knew your post would be a one line generalization, sarcastic and negative. I was right!  :) How about that...you've become predictable 104! ;D

Arctic is an AWESOME company that stands behind what they sell. I'm not saying this a company guy but rather someone who sold against them for a great many years!

Oh...and THERE spas should be THEIR spas.... just trying to help your credibility a bit!  ;)

Sweet! The spelling police have finally stopped tailing my rear end!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 05:17:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42