What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Promised pics of "Doc's" new hot tub cover  (Read 6015 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Promised pics of "Doc's" new hot tub cover
« on: May 24, 2008, 12:06:57 pm »
Well, this really isn't Doc's new cover but it is the one he custom made for me...thanks again, Doc!  My apologies for not getting these posted earlier...this has been the absolute best spring for windsurfing that I can remember in my 18 years of living here so you know how I've been preoccupied...and then there are the martinis!

Notice here the perfect fit and, though it is a bit hard to see, the nice pattern on the vinyl.

Take a look at that nice heat shield that runs the length of the hinge.  And under that, the hinge has double reinforcement.

The straps in the back are 24' long in order to open the cover without unclipping.

Here shows about the most play that is needed in order not to unclip.  These could have been a touch shorter but 24" is just fine.

And another shot from the front corner showing the standard length front straps.

If you need a new cover, don't hesitate to order from Doc...he makes a quality product and delivers satisfaction.  Thanks again, Doc!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

Promised pics of "Doc's" new hot tub cover
« on: May 24, 2008, 12:06:57 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Promised pics of "Doc's" new hot tub cover
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 12:22:53 pm »
Doc also wraps the foam boards real well. You can order a double wrap - I don't know what he calls it - but it will just about never gain weight. Hmm. Can I get double wrapped?  ::)

I will admit something here - publicly - I had not seen the long strap idea before. I love it! Andy, I have said it before - you're brilliant. I am going to look at my HotSpring lifts and see if will work. If so, I may call you to make up some sort of strap extensions so I can offer this same idea on factory covers.

Great Idea!!

8-)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:23:12 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tailhooker

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 12:33:38 pm »
Really nice setup!!!

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 01:24:03 pm »
Windy,

What a gorgeous view from your deck.  When can we come sit on the deck and share in those martini's.  I like mine a little dirty ;)

Nice cover Doc!  When the time comes I will be giving you a call
Bullfrog 451

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 01:34:25 pm »
Excellent pictures WD! Hey, how the heck do you stay balanced on the little board? I've tried for many hours, and for the life of me, just can't get the hang of it.

Chas, we do offer a strap extension, but I believe Hot Spring Spas uses a different kind of clip. and I don't think they'd work.

It's basically the female portion of the clip, riveted to a 1-1/2" wide nylon strap. The lose end of the strap is then simply screwed onto the side of the spa.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Pisces

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 02:11:38 pm »
Great looking cover, tub, and view. Nice idea about the long back straps. Enjoy!

windsurfdog

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 02:30:17 pm »
Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Chas,
I got Doc to double-wrap the cores as well.  With enough 303, I'm hoping this baby will last quite a while.  And I agree, Doc is BRILLIANT though he may have had a little help with the long strap idea... ;)

Canada-man-eh,
You bet!  I'll make your martini PERFECT and ruin you for good!  Yes, I've enjoyed this view for 18 years now and hope mother nature will allow me to enjoy it for a long time in the future.

Tailhooker,
THanks!  Catch a ride with the Can-man and I'll spoil you too!

Doc,
I've been windsurfing for over 20 years...and loving every minute of it.  Hey, man, it's a piece of cake...just leeeeean back and haulazz... 8-)

Glad you liked the pics, Doc.  Don't forget my "long strap kickback"... ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 09:18:04 pm »
Ah, I remember my windsurfing days..... about 30 years ago now I use to live on a lake and we would wait until a storm was coming in to head out.  It seemed that only then were the winds strong enough to lay out as needed to do it right.  I remember one time the winds were so strong we were able to dip our heads back into the water as we sailed.  Lot's of fun!  But then I tried it again about 15 years ago while on vacation in the Caribbean and didn't do so well.  Keep it up, that is GREAT exercise.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 09:40:06 am »
Windsurfdog, what cover lifter are you using?  Does it attach to the deck?  Looks something like a Cover Mate II, but different.  BTW, nice setup.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:29:56 am »
With my advanced age and all, I traded windsurfing and jet skiing for a Master Craft. I have suggested to the company that they advertise themselves as 'the HotSpring of ski boats,' but they seem to be happy as they are.

Looks like this - but mine is brown and cream - and I haven't had mine on the water yet. I bought it the weekend I hurt my back in my other boat....

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 10:40:05 am »
ndbunka,
Indeed windsurfing is great exercise and it's also great for the mental aspects as well.  Between a loving family and friends, windsurfing, my hot tub and a martini or two, I've celebrated my 38th birthday for some 17 years now and hope I have many more 38's coming!

tony,
Thanks for the kind comments.  This cover lifter came with my tub...I'm not sure of the manufacturer.  It does not attach to the deck but relies on tub weight to hold it secure.  I'm very pleased with it's performance over the last 3 almost 4 years now.  I'll try to see if I can locate the manufacturer.

Chas,
I'm depending on windsurfing to carry me through my advanced age as well.  It will be a major loss for me should I not be able to continue.

And that is a beautiful boat.  Please reserve some ski line time for me the next time I'm in California...the last time I was there was some 40+ years ago so I don't think you'll have to worry about it anytime soon but I'll let you know... 8-)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46:30 am »
Windsurfdog, What neck of the woods are you in? I use to spend my summers in Hood River Oregon where windsurfing was the main past time.

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

windsurfdog

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 10:58:27 am »
Wow, Scott, you were in the windsurfing "mecca" of the US.  I've never been but I hope to pay my homage there some day.  I'm located on the northern Gulf coast of Florida about 35 miles south of Tallahassee.  And believe me, it's worth the daily commute! 8-)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 12:27:01 pm »
I worked the orchards with my uncles who lived there. The wind was a pain for us but the windsurfers sure like it. It is a very nice place to live.

Scott
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 01:22:17 pm »
Beautiful view Dog!  I'm jealous.  Nice cover.
Was it you who posted pics of your property being flooded a while back or am I getting you confused with someone else?  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 01:22:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42