What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Heater Element Issue  (Read 2256 times)

boatbuilder

New Heater Element Issue
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:06:09 am »
I'm back again with my year 2000 bullfrog 331. After numerous GFCI trips... I finally went ahead and ordered a new heater element. The other one was the original heater element on the tub and i noticed some corrosion around the braize so it was pretty much shot.

Now I got the new one online and it came with two little 'clips' on the heater element itself. I took those off because I did not want them to come off of the element and then end up in the pump impeller and cause damage.

I slid in the new heater element all went well but when I turned it all back on and turned on the pump full speed the heater element rattles against the heater tubing.
Should I have left on those two clips that attach to the heater element? I just don't know if having those on though will keep the element from knocking against the heater tube/housing. Please advise.

Hot Tub Forum

New Heater Element Issue
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:06:09 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: New Heater Element Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:44:19 am »
I always leave them in place - that's exactly why they are there.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

boatbuilder

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:54:36 am »
allrighty... I'll put them back on tonight. I was just a bit concerned because the old heater element did not have these clips and I was worried about them coming off possibly with the flow of water going by the heater.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 06:59:38 pm »
Have fun putting it back on

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 06:59:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42