What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ask an Arctic Dealer anything  (Read 53669 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Ask an Arctic Dealer anything
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2008, 02:02:29 pm »
As I have been hanging out on this forum I thought Arctic was like a second tier spa. I never heard of the brand before I hung out here. How big is the network of dealers nationwide? What quality standards does Arctic build to? These are not loaded questions I thought I was down to two spa's and now I discover another possibility.

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2008, 02:02:29 pm »

Summitman

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2008, 02:16:17 pm »
As I have been hanging out on this forum I thought Arctic was like a second tier spa. I never heard of the brand before I hung out here. How big is the network of dealers nationwide? What quality standards does Arctic build to? These are not loaded questions I thought I was down to two spa's and now I discover another possibility.

Scott  :-?

You probably havent heard of Arctic as much as some of the others, cause the marketing in the US just hasnt been there.  The network of dealers nationwide in the US isn't as large as the network in Canada.  I know that Arctic has intentions of starting up a large amount of new US dealers in the very near future.  I do know that from a dealer standpoint they are very easy to deal with so this will only do one thing and increase the amount of dealers worldwide.  I dont know the exact number of dealers in the US, but it is a growing list.  Maybe Tom can help with this.  Arctic Spas are sold worldwide.  

I will say that I am very proud of the product that I sell, and most in this city that I do business in know me for my excellent line of spas and great service.  We compete here with some of the very best and do very well.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2008, 05:28:51 pm »
Hey all!!  While, for a chick, it is entertaining to see men whine and beeotch slap each other like to little old women fighting over who has nicer bananas---let's get back on THE SUBJECT-------------------SPAS------------------------- :-? :o >:(

OK So I asked for anyone's opinion about ozone and whether or not it is good for the environment............yeah, a stupid question, but at least spa related.

Anyone else out there with something VALID to say or discuss????????????????? :-?

Let's not choose sides, please.

SIncerely,
an exhausted nurse--wewannahottub

The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Summitman

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 05:51:05 pm »
Hey all!!  While, for a chick, it is entertaining to see men whine and beeotch slap each other like to little old women fighting over who has nicer bananas---let's get back on THE SUBJECT-------------------SPAS------------------------- :-? :o >:(

OK So I asked for anyone's opinion about ozone and whether or not it is good for the environment............yeah, a stupid question, but at least spa related.

Anyone else out there with something VALID to say or discuss????????????????? :-?

Let's not choose sides, please.

SIncerely,
an exhausted nurse--wewannahottub

WWHTB,

Sorry that I never got to your question, I really dont think it would have much effect on the environment.  I have never heard or seen anyone comment on that before.

wewannahottub

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 06:01:48 pm »
I know it was a lame-o question.  But since every little thing out there destroys ozone, I thought, hmmmm...

I'll quit thinking.  

Thank you ga for an interesting thread and some poignant questions were answered.  

Hopefully the next question or thread won't go off track.  THough, sometimes it is entertaining!!
 ;)

Summitman

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2008, 06:15:39 pm »
I know it was a lame-o question.  But since every little thing out there destroys ozone, I thought, hmmmm...

I'll quit thinking.  

Thank you ga for an interesting thread and some poignant questions were answered.  

Hopefully the next question or thread won't go off track.  THough, sometimes it is entertaining!!
 ;)

Very entertaining, I just wanted to toss out a new thread idea that maybe would answer some questions is all.  Hopefully I can help out on this board.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2008, 06:21:37 pm »
 Their is not enough ozone out put from a spa to hurt the environment, but, with all the green issues in the media lately, I am sure they will find something related to it.  ::)

Ozone is defiantly not good to breath, hence the term "off gas"  Thats why 90%plus of the spa's out there when running any main pumps will shut the ozonator off.  Now if you open the lid get in and not turn any pumps on you will be breathing ozone if its on.  On the J-470 their is an icon on the topside that lets you now your ozone is on or off, kinda nice feature.

I think D1 is one of the only ones out there that can claim zero off gas when using the spa, I personally find it hard to believe, but studies/testing don't lie??   ::)

Chrisi, Does the hospital you work at use ozone/UV light in its air handling system??
 Ever feel tired,headache,grouchy,bite your husbands head off at the slightest comment??   Could be ozone.  Just kidding of course, its the job. :)

I was serious about the hospital question though.

wewannahottub

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2008, 06:27:47 pm »
Their is not enough ozone out put from a spa to hurt the environment, but, with all the green issues in the media lately, I am sure they will find something related to it.  ::)

Ozone is defiantly not good to breath, hence the term "off gas"  Thats why 90%plus of the spa's out there when running any main pumps will shut the ozonator off.  Now if you open the lid get in and not turn any pumps on you will be breathing ozone if its on.  On the J-470 their is an icon on the topside that lets you now your ozone is on or off, kinda nice feature.

I think D1 is one of the only ones out there that can claim zero off gas when using the spa, I personally find it hard to believe, but studies/testing don't lie??   ::)

Chrisi, Does the hospital you work at use ozone/UV light in its air handling system??
 Ever feel tired,headache,grouchy,bite your husbands head off at the slightest comment??   Could be ozone.  Just kidding of course, its the job. :)

I was serious about the hospital question though.

Hmm.  I don't know??  I'll have to find out!! UV would make sense, since it helps to kill off bacteria.  

Otherwise, I thought it was just hormones ;D ;D ;D!!

The air at work is always dry, though.  One of the nurses I work with-her hubby is an HVAC tech--he may know!!

But, like you guys, I love my job--some days better than others.

Chrisi :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2008, 06:40:23 pm »
 Um yeah, I love my job so much, I have 180 hours of vacation time built up.  ::)   :'(

Actually I am on vacation all next week.  :) But then I have 6 acres worth of property to take care of, so may not be much of a vacation, but I will get some golf in at some point.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2008, 06:52:49 pm »
Um yeah, I love my job so much, I have 180 hours of vacation time built up.  ::)   :'(

Actually I am on vacation all next week.  :) But then I have 6 acres worth of property to take care of, so may not be much of a vacation, but I will get some golf in at some point.
Vacation next week!!! Who will hold up the Jacuzzi honor on this forum with you gone....
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2008, 07:02:55 pm »
Should the reigns be handed over to the new JQZ owners--Spatini or Saved by Grace???

JJ--at least while you are caring for that 6 acres of property, YOU have a hot tub to relax in!!!!!!!!! Lucky, Lucky dawgs. ;D

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2008, 08:21:29 pm »
With energy costs spiraling out  control  it seems that it will only be a matter of time before California’s CEC Title 20 will be enforced and spa manufactures will be held to strict energy efficiency standards or not be able to sell in the state.  

I would say that the answer to this problem would be to buy a spa NOW!   ;D ;D

(I'm all for avoiding a problem if at all possible!)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:22:17 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2008, 09:17:36 pm »
Heres your chance, consumers and dealers, ask a Arctic dealer any question you like.  I will request we keep pricing out of the questions with respect to different countries and areas of countries having different price structures.  

FIRE AWAY.

I thought I would try this, I think it would be great for all the major manufacturers to have a thread like this.  I request that it only be questions with no flaming.

When are you going to open a store in Central Ohio? With my title, I'm expected to know something, and I've never seen one.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Summitman

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:43 pm »

When are you going to open a store in Central Ohio? With my title, I'm expected to know something, and I've never seen one.

Its not central ohio, but there is a Arctic dealer in Hudson, OH.  Hudson Pools and Spas.  There is also one in Mayfield, OH. Arctic Spas Mayfield.  I know that Arctic is becoming more aggressive in setting up dealers in the US, so maybe its not far off, that they set one up closer to you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2008, 09:33:28 pm »

Its not central ohio, but there is a Arctic dealer in Hudson, OH.  Hudson Pools and Spas.  There is also one in Mayfield, OH. Arctic Spas Mayfield.  I know that Arctic is becoming more aggressive in setting up dealers in the US, so maybe its not far off, that they set one up closer to you.

If I get to the Mayfield Curling club, I'll stop by.

To everyone, lets bring it up a notch, lets not become the board Jimmy says we are.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2008, 09:33:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42