What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pre Install suggestions  (Read 1976 times)

jimmyb

Pre Install suggestions
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:20:35 pm »
I just spent the most of the weekend digging the trench for the wiring to hook up our new HS Vista.  Sure wish it was all ready installed as my sore muscles sure could use some soaking...

Just though I would ask you guys/gals for some suggestions as I sure wouldn't want to do all this work twice.

HS states the Vista requires 50 amp service.  I'm wondering the actual amperage when the pumps, heater, lighting, and SpAudioCast are all operating at max???  

I was hoping not more than 45 amps as this will allow the electrician to use a 60 amp breaker in the main panel then use 6-3 underground cable to the sub panel. At the sub panel I was hoping to get a separate 15 amp 120v circuit installed.  This would allow us to run additional lighting, etc.  

Any opinions or suggestions on doing this???

I would also like to hear from any of you who might have some other preinstall ideas that we could used to increase our spa experience...

If you have a unique ideas and don't mind sharing it, please feel free to respond...

Hot Tub Forum

Pre Install suggestions
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:20:35 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Pre Install suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:31:12 pm »
Jimmy congrats on your new HS spa.
You should take some "before & after" pics.
Where are you placing your spa?
Existing patio or a concrete spa pad?

Calypso

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:08:36 am »
If the specs say 50 amp service that is all you need. HS would have allowed for a typical ~20% overload so you total normal draw with everything on is probably closer to 42amps. Post some pictures when you are done.

You have the right idea with the 60 amp out to a sub panel and  a 50amp and 15 amp circuit will be fine. You will not overload either circuit and will not exceed 60 amps.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:24:55 am by Calypso »
2007 Pacific Calypso

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:08:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42