What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J400 series start up FYI's  (Read 2892 times)

Saved by Grace

J400 series start up FYI's
« on: May 09, 2008, 12:00:23 am »
After my intense on week J480 start up here are some things that might put minds at ease for those of you that have bought this series.  (Spantini and Swelltub come to mind).

I learned alot about my tub inside and out durning our ordeal.  Here a couple of things I learned.

Fill half your tub in one filter opening and the other half in the other filter opening.

It took me under 4 hours to fill the tub with a Watkins pre-filter attached.

The temp took a while to move the first degree (approx. 20 minutes) but then seemed to heat up at about 4 or 5 degrees an hour. (until we went to bed)

The 24 hour circ pump needs to cross the 12:00 midnight threshold before it starts its 24 hour cycle.  When we finally got our tub repaired and I checked it at lunch time the circ pump would only go on when there was a call for heat.  With all the problems we were having this was a concern.  So I changed the 24 hr circ start time to 12:30 PM and the circ pump has been on ever since then.

The ozonator doesn't run when the pumps are running and takes about 5 minutes to turn on after the pumps are off.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but my tech says it is.  I have my tub set at the 60 AMP option.

You guys are going to absolutely love your tub.  I know we do.  I hope this helps a little bit with some of the start up questions that will arise.  And I also hope you have a good circuit board.  :)

In His Peace,
Fred

Hot Tub Forum

J400 series start up FYI's
« on: May 09, 2008, 12:00:23 am »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: J400 series start up FYI's
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 12:43:24 am »
After my intense on week J480 start up here are some things that might put minds at ease for those of you that have bought this series.  (Spantini and Swelltub come to mind).

I learned alot about my tub inside and out durning our ordeal.  Here a couple of things I learned.

Fill half your tub in one filter opening and the other half in the other filter opening.

The temp took a while to move the first degree (approx. 20 minutes) but then seemed to heat up at about 4 or 5 degrees an hour. (until we went to bed)

The 24 hour circ pump needs to cross the 12:00 midnight threshold before it starts its 24 hour cycle.  When we finally got our tub repaired and I checked it at lunch time the circ pump would only go on when there was a call for heat.  With all the problems we were having this was a concern.  So I changed the 24 hr circ start time to 12:30 PM and the circ pump has been on ever since then.

The ozonator doesn't run when the pumps are running and takes about 5 minutes to turn on after the pumps are off.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but my tech says it is.  I have my tub set at the 60 AMP option.

You guys are going to absolutely love your tub.  I know we do.  I hope this helps a little bit with some of the start up questions that will arise.  And I also hope you have a good circuit board.  :)

In His Peace,
Fred
Talked to my dealer and they setup the tub, mount the lift and help me with orientation. If I have any problems with my dealer I will be camped at their doorstep. Thanks for the pointers.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatini

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:52:33 am »
Fred,
Thanks for the heads up , called my dealer and they to will setup my tub , mount lift and install the pro-light kits and give an orientation , like swelltub I would campout .

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 11:38:34 am »
Fred,
Thanks for the heads up , called my dealer and they to will setup my tub , mount lift and install the pro-light kits and give an orientation , like swelltub I would campout .
BTW Spatini I ordered the pro-light kits for mine because you recommended them. Some of us are to poor to afford the nice lounger so we have to settle with the pro-lights.  ;D

Scott
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 03:44:31 pm »

In His Peace,
Fred

It is best to fill your spa by inserting the hose into the plumbing through the filter openings.  This helps eliminate air lock when you start the pumps.  After filling, I start my pumps without the filters for a couple of minutes to also eliminate air lock.

Whenever the power is cut to the spa, your circ pump will only come on when heat is called for until it resets at the circ pump start time which is completely user programable but is twelve o'clock midnight by default.

4-5 degrees an hour sounds just about right for heating that spa.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 03:44:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42